Knocked over GS500 @ Bay/Bloor - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knocked over GS500 @ Bay/Bloor

Re: Knocked over GS500 @ Bay/Bloor

Quote Originally Posted by jay-d View Post
    Really? So you're telling me that insuring a 1199 Ducati Panigale and a 1200cc cruiser will be the same price at State Farm?
    Yes.. Another good example is a Ninja 650 vs a ZX6R, the 650 will be more expensive...

I'm glad you atleast got a note OP, the sorry sack of c_m that became the ahole that hit my parked bike last year just picked it up and left. I reported it to police and paid the deductible to fix it. Though, sometimes I wish I had fixed it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by rib View Post
    Yep

A gold wing is more expensive than a busa

It's all cc at statefarm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sushii View Post
    Yes.. Another good example is a Ninja 650 vs a ZX6R, the 650 will be more expensive...

Well then, I stand corrected!
    Ecto • 2006 Honda VeeFourRoad 800A (Pearl Black)
    I'm too sexy for my turban.

Whats so funny about that statement? Statefarm goes by CC rather than classes...
    not with state farm...they wanted double what im paying.
    i with wawanesa , who gives discounts for long time customers, with multi vehicle coverage,no tickets, and NO claims.
    i was given a extra 30% off their usual rates for not having any claims (5 star record i think they called it), plus i think it was 10-15% because of multi vehicles (multi line discount).
    they told me for my record, as long as its not turbo (they wont cover turbos at all) the rate would only go up about $10/year for every 10 grand more the NEW purchase price of it was for all bikes over 700cc.
    for them, as per their rate chart... 699cc and below is a different class (no clue what class they consider it). i did not get quotes on other bikes through them.

so me paying 527/yr on mine worth new msrp call it $10,000 ish if i bought a $30,000 bike i would add about $20/year for a total of $547/year.
    this is just what my broker told me based on his chart.

they also will not insure M1 riders usually, but i had my M2 before and ive already passed the m1 exit course through humber so they made a exception. they also will not do ONLY your bike, you have to have at least 1 car with them... i have 2 cars and my bike.

Quote Originally Posted by jay-d View Post
    Really? So you're telling me that insuring a 1199 Ducati Panigale and a 1200cc cruiser will be the same price at State Farm?
    state farm...probably..with the exception of the theft and comprehensive sections of the coverage. im sure there is slight variations based on the repair costs and likelihoods of theft.

although sportsters and dynas are easier to steal and get clean vins for since they make about a million different after market frames for them... "its a custom harley, built from the ground up with all oem parts and a custom frame"...ya right....clean vins cost you about $500 and a afternoon of wrenching now... how bs is that.

state farm wanted more for my cruiser than my friend pays for a newer 600cc super sport.
    call them and ask.
    insurance companies all have their own policies, rules, and guideline charts.
    some are standard between companies, but others are not, which is why some companies are more than others.

btw- really like your Duke.. its on bikes to add to the collection list. ide like to have a sport/street fighter bike and a cruiser.

Quote Originally Posted by OpenGambit View Post
    York U students need to stop responding to my posts.

If the other party can be identified, you don't pay the deductable. Not to mention this isn't an "not at fault" accident. its a comprehensive claim, same as getting your bike stolen.

People that don't claim for things when they should make me lol. You don't even make the insurance company **** you over, you do it yourself.
    Wheres the love for YorkU students?

The claim won't raise your rates. Someone crashing into your bike while you're not even ridign it doesnt make you more of a "risk" in the insurance companies eyes. Yes there will be a claim on your record, but it will be NOT at fault, so it wont be used while determining your rate. I would get a quote on the cost of repairs, and then check your deductable (if you can't locate the other driver), then act accordingly. Go to the cops ASAP with the note, you dont want the ******* fixing the damage before the cops get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by EaZ8 View Post
    not with state farm...they wanted double what im paying.
    i with wawanesa , who gives discounts for long time customers, with multi vehicle coverage,no tickets, and NO claims.
    i was given a extra 30% off their usual rates for not having any claims (5 star record i think they called it), plus i think it was 10-15% because of multi vehicles (multi line discount).
    they told me for my record, as long as its not turbo (they wont cover turbos at all) the rate would only go up about $10/year for every 10 grand more the NEW purchase price of it was for all bikes over 700cc.
    for them, as per their rate chart... 699cc and below is a different class (no clue what class they consider it). i did not get quotes on other bikes through them.

so me paying 527/yr on mine worth new msrp call it $10,000 ish if i bought a $30,000 bike i would add about $20/year for a total of $547/year.
    this is just what my broker told me based on his chart.

they also will not insure M1 riders usually, but i had my M2 before and ive already passed the m1 exit course through humber so they made a exception. they also will not do ONLY your bike, you have to have at least 1 car with them... i have 2 cars and my bike.

state farm...probably..with the exception of the theft and comprehensive sections of the coverage. im sure there is slight variations based on the repair costs and likelihoods of theft.

although sportsters and dynas are easier to steal and get clean vins for since they make about a million different after market frames for them... "its a custom harley, built from the ground up with all oem parts and a custom frame"...ya right....clean vins cost you about $500 and a afternoon of wrenching now... how bs is that.

state farm wanted more for my cruiser than my friend pays for a newer 600cc super sport.
    call them and ask.
    insurance companies all have their own policies, rules, and guideline charts.
    some are standard between companies, but others are not, which is why some companies are more than others.

btw- really like your Duke.. its on bikes to add to the collection list. ide like to have a sport/street fighter bike and a cruiser.
    Im kinda lost... first you say state farm does not go by CC and then you say state farm wants more for your cruiser than a 600cc SS? Doesn't that imply that statefarm does infact go by cc because your cruiser costs more than a 600CC?

Wow. Sorry to hear ..

I had mine tipped over near Yonge/Finch a few years ago .. had my helmet attached to the bike and everything.

There was a SUV so close to the front tire, i just assumed it was him. I waited for him patiently yet stewing ..
    www.thetoyhauler.ca
    Inferno is the new GTAM P.I.M.P.

WTF? I am paying $700 for my ZZR250.

Quote Originally Posted by EaZ8 View Post
    i pay $527/year full coverage on a 07 harley, first year with bike insurance...still have m1 because my old m2 expired, no claims in over 5 years on a car, no at fault claims ever.

Even if you claim something under comprehensive you still have to pay your deductible.
    Do some reading: http://www.insurancehotline.com/when...urance-policy/
    Better to regret something you have done than something you haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE_KAWI View Post
    WTF? I am paying $700 for my ZZR250.
    how old are you?
    im 28...and as i said...lots of discounts with a clean record.

Quote Originally Posted by klr_guy View Post
    it all depends on how you set up your policy. you can add 1000 deductible to it if you want, and it will lower your annual cost a little.
    when i was younger and had higher insurance on my cars i had them add $500 deductible to non-at fault claims which got my annual cost down. it was worth it for me... just keep that $500 aside for if something happens so you dont get a surprise bill.

Quote Originally Posted by klr_guy View Post
    "Your vehicle has been hit by an unidentified third party (hit & run)"

If you read my posts before just taking snippets...

"Yes in an ideal situation you wont have to pay the deductible but what are the chances of that?"
    "Just because he has a plate number doens't mean thats the right person..."
    "And what im saying is, how often is it that someone finds out who really knocked it over?"

Quote Originally Posted by chevvas View Post
    It is absolutely frustrating coming out of a movie theater to find your bike banged up, missing a mirror and your front brake lever snapped in two. Thank you Driver A-Hole that knocked my bike over and did not have the decency to leave a note for your carelessness and lack of attention. However I want to thank the kind gentleman that was decent enough to pick up my ride and leave a note with a phone number offering the best description of the vehicle and plate # that was responsible for the accident. Well with that said, anyone know of a place within the GTA area that can help me out acquiring some GS500 fairings for a decent price?

Crappy deal for me but I sincerely hope no one else goes through this type of BS. Safe riding everyone.
    If you have the plate # of the vehicle then you're in a better position than most, assuming you reported the collision within the required time frame. Talk with your ins. co. and go over the options available to you, then make your decision. You should be able to source replacement parts for that bike fairly easily. If you do fix it up yourself you now have that additional experience under your belt as well.

whats wrong with insurance?
    premiums go up on a claim.

Insurance won't stop clowns hitting your ride.

York U students need to stop responding to my posts.

If the other party can be identified, you don't pay the deductable. Not to mention this isn't an "not at fault" accident. its a comprehensive claim, same as getting your bike stolen.

People that don't claim for things when they should make me lol. You don't even make the insurance company **** you over, you do it yourself.
    Some people are delusional on how much it may cost to fix a knocked over bike - Imagine the cost for parts and labour for a Ducatti, BMW or any high end bike. Actually even the plastics and decals for a stock Suzuki can be in the $100s
    Last edited by kiwi; 05-07-2012 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    premiums go up on a claim.
    Premiums only go up for an at-fault claim. Whether 50% or 100% at fault it doesn't matter. I have two not-at-fault claims on my abstract. One for 3 years and one for just over 1 year. Neither made a difference on my car's insurance (which actually just went down from $330 a month to $208 in February) or to my bike insurance which just began this January. I specifically asked the woman at John R Duffy if my two not-at-fault accidents would affect my bike insurance rates and she said not at all, comprehensive and/or 100% not-at-fault claims never make an impact on rates. It's normal for insurance to increase by small amounts (~5-10%) from time to time upon renewal. Inflation shouldn't be a new concept to anyone on this forum.
    09' FZ6R

Quote Originally Posted by alhope34 View Post
    Premiums only go up for an at-fault claim. Whether 50% or 100% at fault it doesn't matter. I have two not-at-fault claims on my abstract. One for 3 years and one for just over 1 year. Neither made a difference on my car's insurance (which actually just went down from $330 a month to $208 in February) or to my bike insurance which just began this January. I specifically asked the woman at John R Duffy if my two not-at-fault accidents would affect my bike insurance rates and she said not at all, comprehensive and/or 100% not-at-fault claims never make an impact on rates. It's normal for insurance to increase by small amounts (~5-10%) from time to time upon renewal. Inflation shouldn't be a new concept to anyone on this forum.
    I had a work collegue who had 3 vandalism / content theft claims in a year under his comprehensive. Nice car but not so nice neighbourhood. After the 3rd claim the insurance co. said he was a bad risk so they cancelled his comprehensive - or I think he had the option of having higher comprehensive premiums. He ended up moving.
    Track is my Crack - but I'm not fast - yet.
    '08 Ninja ZX-6R

Originally Posted by Bandit Bill
    Oh Sweet Jesus ... my eyes, someone stab me in the eyes to take that image away!!!!

Yes there is, its called JCIC401.
    You know...you really should put him on ignore.

This thread should be moved to the insurance forum now.