Knocked over GS500 @ Bay/Bloor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knocked over GS500 @ Bay/Bloor

Knocked over GS500 @ Bay/Bloor

It is absolutely frustrating coming out of a movie theater to find your bike banged up, missing a mirror and your front brake lever snapped in two. Thank you Driver A-Hole that knocked my bike over and did not have the decency to leave a note for your carelessness and lack of attention. However I want to thank the kind gentleman that was decent enough to pick up my ride and leave a note with a phone number offering the best description of the vehicle and plate # that was responsible for the accident. Well with that said, anyone know of a place within the GTA area that can help me out acquiring some GS500 fairings for a decent price?

Crappy deal for me but I sincerely hope no one else goes through this type of BS. Safe riding everyone.

Re: Knocked over GS500 @ Bay/Bloor

whats wrong with insurance?
    This post does not provide any legal advice and readers should consult with their own lawyer for legal advice.

Man that sucks. I hate leaving my bike parked on streets or near busy traffic. Whenever possible i park in malls or stores with large lots in a spot that is away from other vehicles. You should try Ontario Salvage on Kingston Road for the fairings, they have tons and tons of fairings there strung from the roof and walls.

gstwin forums, ebay, list of all local junk yards is in the dealers section.

Quote Originally Posted by OpenGambit View Post
    whats wrong with insurance?
    Sometimes repairing it yourself is cheaper than paying the deductible and one less claim on file even if its not at-fault.

Where the sun don't shine (Toronto, you nasty)

OP, I feel for you. But at least you got the plate & stuff. It could've been worse...you could've had someone knock over your bike, then given you a fake note (probably so the witnesses think that he/she was owning up to it)

"Tapped" was a very meager way of describing the damage. If you need a painter/plastic welder, I can vouch for the guy who repaired my bike. Matched the paint & you can't even tell that it got scratched up & cracked

Quote Originally Posted by Sushii View Post
    Sometimes repairing it yourself is cheaper than paying the deductible and one less claim on file even if its not at-fault.
    That's the obvious answer. But OpenGambit seems like a pretty smart guy...so I doubt that was the answer he was looking for.

York U students need to stop responding to my posts.

If the other party can be identified, you don't pay the deductable. Not to mention this isn't an "not at fault" accident. its a comprehensive claim, same as getting your bike stolen.

People that don't claim for things when they should make me lol. You don't even make the insurance company **** you over, you do it yourself.
    Last edited by OpenGambit; 05-07-2012 at 12:14 AM.
    This post does not provide any legal advice and readers should consult with their own lawyer for legal advice.

Bike was knocked 3 times laat season
    ...no note

Downtown it happens a lot

QUOTE=OpenGambit;1788268]whats wrong with insurance?[/QUOTE]

in ontario...everything...

If the other party can be identified, you don't pay the deductable. Not to mention this isn't an "not at fault" accident. its a comprehensive claim, same as getting your bike stolen.

People that don't claim for things when they should make me lol. You don't even make the insurance company **** you over, you do it yourself.
    any sort of claim goes against you. even if its vandalism, theft etc, insurance companies see that and they dont forget it for 5 years.
    you may not have jacked rates for a claim like this if you stay with your current insurance company, but if you try switching they generally count it against you.

Yes in an ideal situation you wont have to pay the deductible but what are the chances of that? A claim is a claim, it will show up on your file regardless.

Why would i make a claim if my bike was knocked over (assuming you dont find out who, which is most cases) and the repair cost is a few hundred bucks? You are ******* yourself over even more by making a claim.

Quote Originally Posted by EaZ8 View Post
    in ontario...everything...

any sort of claim goes against you. even if its vandalism, theft etc, insurance companies see that and they dont forget it for 5 years.
    you may not have jacked rates for a claim like this if you stay with your current insurance company, but if you try switching they generally count it against you.
    Good on you, you paid for insurance and you don't use it. why do you even buy comprehensive then?
    i claim all legitimate damage to all my vehicles. My insurance rate for a 848 streetfigher is 875 bucks a year.

keep screwing yourself over.
    Last edited by OpenGambit; 05-07-2012 at 01:18 AM.

Good on you, you paid for insurance and you don't use it. why do you even buy comprehensive then?
    i claim all legitimate damage to all my vehicles. My insurance rate for a 848 streetfigher is 875 bucks a year.

keep screwing yourself over.
    i pay $527/year full coverage on a 07 harley, first year with bike insurance...still have m1 because my old m2 expired, no claims in over 5 years on a car, no at fault claims ever.

i pay $527/year full coverage on a 07 harley, first year with bike insurance...still have m1 because my old m2 expired, no claims in over 5 years on a car, no at fault claims ever.
    because those are comparable bikes for insurance purposes.

because those are comparable bikes for insurance purposes.
    lol well i dont own a duke...im not gonna say i got quotes on one because i didnt.
    but my insurance company goes by CC not bike class as long as its not turbo.

lol well i dont own a duke...im not gonna say i got quotes on one because i didnt.
    but my insurance company goes by CC not bike class as long as its not turbo.
    Ecto • 2006 Honda VeeFourRoad 800A (Pearl Black)
    I'm too sexy for my turban.

he has a plate number.. why would I assume he can't find the other party when someone identified them for him.

I want a refund for your education.

I couldn't care less if you claimed it or not, but the fact that you try to justify it with nonsense is straight up ridiculous.

Not to mention you keep it off his insurance too, which is just complete stupidity.
    Just because he has a plate number doens't mean thats the right person...

Justify it with nonsense? What nonsense? You telling someone to claim it with the insurance company is nonsense.

Would telling the insurance company to fix it for $10 + a $500 deductible justify a premium increase of $300 per year for 6 years? <<<<<<<<< Not exact figures... but a rough estimate, but im sure you were smart enough to notice that.
    Last edited by Sushii; 05-07-2012 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jay-d View Post
    Whats so funny about that statement? Statefarm goes by CC rather than classes...

that sucks, man... maybe you should look into making the bike naked? all you'd need is a headlight, bracket and mirrors. If you'd like a hand, or pics of what it would look like after, then shoot me a PM. sounds like you're in my area anyway
    Last edited by tricky; 05-07-2012 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushii View Post
    Whats so funny about that statement? Statefarm goes by CC rather than classes...
    Really? So you're telling me that insuring a 1199 Ducati Panigale and a 1200cc cruiser will be the same price at State Farm?
    Ecto • 2006 Honda VeeFourRoad 800A (Pearl Black)
    I'm too sexy for my turban.

Quote Originally Posted by jay-d View Post
    Really? So you're telling me that insuring a 1199 Ducati Panigale and a 1200cc cruiser will be the same price at State Farm?
    Yep

A gold wing is more expensive than a busa

It's all cc at statefarm.