Rogers :-(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rogers :-(

Rogers :-(

I was paying about $600-700 a month for mobile with Rogers. Most of that was data and long distance, roaming charges and overages as I use it a lot for work

I bought a Blackberry from them 14 months ago - Unfortunatly I have to use a blackberry - and the thing died. Rogers want $800 to replace it.

I ended up going to verizon and got their us and Canada plan with 5gb data and 1000 minutes anywhere in Canada or the us for $100. No roaming charges and a free BB Torch

I also have a three year contract with Rogers so I reduced that to a basic $25 a month plan and gave the sim to my kid.

So I've been paying around $150 combined instead of the 700 I was paying before. The only problem is that I now have a US number but that's actually a benefit for work.

It may not be for everyone but next time your contract comes up for renewal, check out the US carriers as well. it saved me around $400 a month.

Re: Rogers :-(

Rogers can eat my ***..I see their stock price went down..couldn't be happier..
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

Have you looked into wind mobile?
    If your in the GTA area most of the time they have Unlimited minutes, data and long distance for like $30-$40/month when you are in their coverage zone (Which is most of Toronto)
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

DO NOT DEAL WITH ROGERS EVER.
    worst company I have ever dealt with. Horrible customer service, everyone I know that has dealt with them has bad things to say.
    Im with telus and it's always been great.

rogers has a plan for 80 a month, unlimited evertything including long distance (can/usa) but only 2g data...

dude learn how to negotiate or look at a flyer now and then...
    GTAM- your #1 stop for internet tough guys

$600-700 a month for cell phone? damn you can basically afford a satellite phone for less than that lol

$40/mo + taxes wiht unlimited talk, text, US calling, global texting and unlimited data = WIN

Quote Originally Posted by LiNK666 View Post
    $40/mo + taxes wiht unlimited talk, text, US calling, global texting and unlimited data = WIN
    With Rogers??
    I have a Rogers business plan and I have unlimited text and calling in Canada, 5gb data a rocket stick for $110, but I need to switch to a plan that includes US. My bb is dying fast after 2yrs into a 3 yr plan

$600-700 a month??? Isn't that same as paying for a high end car?

Rogers is the worst corporation ever (poster child for corporate greed) - business or average user, regardless, rogers will screw you over. At least these days there is some competition in mobile market and likely even more players in the near future - whatever you do, do not sign another contract with Rogers.
    +1 on their stock going down (they will again spend money on some useless sport figure, and screw you over for the money)
    Wind is offering best deals a the moment.

I have had generally good dealings with rogers. I pay $64/mo and have my 10 canada 400 minutes 6 gigs of data and all that texting picture voicemail crap. Always have good signal/data speeds. Got a new Samsung note for $125. and got the first month free. And this was not a new activation it was a renewal.
    2012 Ducati Monster 696

I think Rogers has the best signal out of the carriers.

and I had my plan for years so its ridiculously cheap. Not even my firm can beat that with their corporate plan + rate.
    This post does not provide any legal advice and readers should consult with their own lawyer for legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by LiNK666 View Post
    I think Rogers mailed me a plan similar to that with a free blackberry too! The next day I went to Rogers to get it activated. The guy sets up the account, credit check and everything than ask for my phone to put the SIM chip in. I'm like aren't I supposed to get the blackberry as I said earlier and it says it right on the flyer! Than the more experience sales rep comes up and says that blackberry is discontinued! Puzzled since they just sent me the offer yesterday but after making me wait 30 minutes to tell me it's discontinued across all stores so don't bother going elsewhere?

I went home and check their website and they're running that exact promotion with the exact blackberry offered! lol Rogers bunch of idiots!

Quote Originally Posted by psycho44 View Post
    I think Rogers mailed me a plan similar to that with a free blackberry too! The next day I went to Rogers to get it activated. The guy sets up the account, credit check and everything than ask for my phone to put the SIM chip in. I'm like aren't I supposed to get the blackberry as I said earlier and it says it right on the flyer! Than the more experience sales rep comes up and says that blackberry is discontinued! Puzzled since they just sent me the offer yesterday but after making me wait 30 minutes to tell me it's discontinued across all stores so don't bother going elsewhere?

I went home and check their website and they're running that exact promotion with the exact blackberry offered! lol Rogers bunch of idiots!
    lol! yeah they are idiots. I just call back every year or so and ask to speak to "customer relations" and negotiate a better deal. Sometimes I get something I want for cheap, sometimes I just get a flat amount knocked off my bill ( last time I called I got 10 bucks off every month for no reason).
    This post does not provide any legal advice and readers should consult with their own lawyer for legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by OpenGambit View Post
    lol! yeah they are idiots. I just call back every year or so and ask to speak to "customer relations" and negotiate a better deal. Sometimes I get something I want for cheap, sometimes I just get a flat amount knocked off my bill ( last time I called I got 10 bucks off every month for no reason).
    Lucky, bell flat out refused to make my plan cheaper. Currently I get 10% off a $45 bundle (unlim txt/data/nhl/voicemail) and my calling portion for free (388 daytime unlim after 6/weekends).
    1998 Honda VFR800 -Current
    1982 Honda VF750S -Sold

ah the retention dept. I told the sales rep to call DIG which is Rogers internal department supporting the store sales rep but they didn't want to do it for me.

It's just aggravating dealing with certain issues as they have so many department that don't know what the other department does and different levels of support that you can be on the phone for hours with Rogers as they keep escalating and transferring your calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Graves View Post
    rogers has a plan for 80 a month, unlimited evertything including long distance (can/usa) but only 2g data...

dude learn how to negotiate or look at a flyer now and then...
    Thats very strange. I phoned Rogers to see what they could do and i checked again with them this morning.

The best they can offer for $80 is 300 mins voice in north america with restrictions + another $69 for some data.

It comes to $149 and I get way more voice and data + a line for my son for that going the Verizon route for $150.

Please send me a the link on their web site for $80 all you can eat in north america. I'll call the buggers back.

tell them to transfer you to retention dept or you want to cancel your contract than they'll transfer you to them. These guys have more bargaining powers than the front line customer service reps that you get on the initial calls.

Quote Originally Posted by rmemedic View Post
    DO NOT DEAL WITH ROGERS EVER.
    worst company I have ever dealt with. Horrible customer service, everyone I know that has dealt with them has bad things to say.
    Im with telus and it's always been great.
    Bell isn't any better.
    Winners never quit, quitters never win, and those who don't try are just idiots

mobilicity, $31.07 a month incl. HST, unlimited data, unlimited NA calling anytime, unlimited global txt in their "zones", 10c a minute roaming if prepaid (which is practically never for me), 2c a minute int'l calls if prepaid (china/hk/europe. some countries cost a little more, but the only other one I call is brazil).

signal is a little weak sometimes, but hell you get what you pay for. I'll never use the big carriers again.