Rogers :-(

Thread: Rogers :-(

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Rogers :-(

I was paying about $600-700 a month for mobile with Rogers. Most of that was data and long distance, roaming charges and overages as I use it a lot for work

I bought a Blackberry from them 14 months ago - Unfortunatly I have to use a blackberry - and the thing died. Rogers want $800 to replace it.

I ended up going to verizon and got their us and Canada plan with 5gb data and 1000 minutes anywhere in Canada or the us for $100. No roaming charges and a free BB Torch

I also have a three year contract with Rogers so I reduced that to a basic $25 a month plan and gave the sim to my kid.

So I've been paying around $150 combined instead of the 700 I was paying before. The only problem is that I now have a US number but that's actually a benefit for work.

It may not be for everyone but next time your contract comes up for renewal, check out the US carriers as well. it saved me around $400 a month.

Re: Rogers :-(

Rogers can eat my ***..I see their stock price went down..couldn't be happier..
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

Have you looked into wind mobile?
    If your in the GTA area most of the time they have Unlimited minutes, data and long distance for like $30-$40/month when you are in their coverage zone (Which is most of Toronto)
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

DO NOT DEAL WITH ROGERS EVER.
    worst company I have ever dealt with. Horrible customer service, everyone I know that has dealt with them has bad things to say.
    Im with telus and it's always been great.

rogers has a plan for 80 a month, unlimited evertything including long distance (can/usa) but only 2g data...

dude learn how to negotiate or look at a flyer now and then...
    GTAM- your #1 stop for internet tough guys

$600-700 a month for cell phone? damn you can basically afford a satellite phone for less than that lol

Quote Originally Posted by Graves View Post
    rogers has a plan for 80 a month, unlimited evertything including long distance (can/usa) but only 2g data...

dude learn how to negotiate or look at a flyer now and then...
    Thats very strange. I phoned Rogers to see what they could do and i checked again with them this morning.

The best they can offer for $80 is 300 mins voice in north america with restrictions + another $69 for some data.

It comes to $149 and I get way more voice and data + a line for my son for that going the Verizon route for $150.

Please send me a the link on their web site for $80 all you can eat in north america. I'll call the buggers back.

Quote Originally Posted by rmemedic View Post
    DO NOT DEAL WITH ROGERS EVER.
    worst company I have ever dealt with. Horrible customer service, everyone I know that has dealt with them has bad things to say.
    Im with telus and it's always been great.
    Bell isn't any better.
    Winners never quit, quitters never win, and those who don't try are just idiots

mobilicity, $31.07 a month incl. HST, unlimited data, unlimited NA calling anytime, unlimited global txt in their "zones", 10c a minute roaming if prepaid (which is practically never for me), 2c a minute int'l calls if prepaid (china/hk/europe. some countries cost a little more, but the only other one I call is brazil).

signal is a little weak sometimes, but hell you get what you pay for. I'll never use the big carriers again.

I have the fido version of rogers unlimited minutes and na long distance, unlimited internet $80 per mo.

Sent from my LG-C660R using Tapatalk 2