lookin for aftermarket pipes for Harley

Thread: lookin for aftermarket pipes for Harley

lookin for aftermarket pipes for Harley

I'm having trouble finding local shops to buy pipes from. The only shops I can find are for sportbikes.Does anyone know where I can locally get a exhaust setup or am I stuck with ordering online from the states or going to the HD dealer.Ebay is $300+100 shipping dealer is $580+tax (V&H short shots in black)There's got to be a middle ground...

Re: lookin for aftermarket pipes for Harley

You can get pipes for a Harley from Royal Distributing, but since they get them through parts canada expect to pay a premium.

I'd look at Heritage Cycle Works. They are in Brockville and offer free shipping on orders over $299 in Canada. Im not sure what bike you have but a set of chrome short shots for a 86-06 softail is $320 CDN

http://www.heritagecycleworks.com/Pr...=9&SubMenu=305

I've bought a seat for my metric from them and had nothing but excellent customer service
    VN9008CF - Candy Lime Green.

Thanks for the reply,I have a 2007 sportster 883 EFI.Ill check out that site...I can't believe I didn't even think of royal...I was just there last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Torren View Post
    You can get pipes for a Harley from Royal Distributing, but since they get them through parts canada expect to pay a premium.

I'd look at Heritage Cycle Works. They are in Brockville and offer free shipping on orders over $299 in Canada. Im not sure what bike you have but a set of chrome short shots for a 86-06 softail is $320 CDN

http://www.heritagecycleworks.com/Pr...=9&SubMenu=305

I've bought a seat for my metric from them and had nothing but excellent customer service
    what exhaust would you recommend?
    i was only looking at the short shots because they are loud and look good, but i was going to put in the quiet(er) baffles because i heard the help the performance a little without even really sounding different from the standard baffles that come with them.
    apparently the short shots make you loose power.

http://www.hardkrome.com/

Check them out
    2009 Yamaha V Star 650 Midnight Custom

I don't have any information about vendors specifically, but if you are looking for the V&H drags, you can also look up the Hooker pipes in short or long drags, straight or staggered, slash or straight cut, for your XL. There are many formats over what V&H has available. The only issue is that they stopped their production of exhaust pipes a couple of years ago. If you search around on the net, you will find old stock of them somewhere. You just need to invest some time into the search, and you will probably get them at a great price since they have been discontinued. I have the Hooker short drags on my fxr, and they are amazing. Good luck with your search

Heavy Duty cycles 2230 kingston rd Toronto

Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Heavy Duty cycles 2230 kingston rd Toronto
    thanks.. i just sent him a email, their website is under construction.

Quote Originally Posted by CottageGuy View Post
    I don't have any information about vendors specifically, but if you are looking for the V&H drags, you can also look up the Hooker pipes in short or long drags, straight or staggered, slash or straight cut, for your XL. There are many formats over what V&H has available. The only issue is that they stopped their production of exhaust pipes a couple of years ago. If you search around on the net, you will find old stock of them somewhere. You just need to invest some time into the search, and you will probably get them at a great price since they have been discontinued. I have the Hooker short drags on my fxr, and they are amazing. Good luck with your search
    my friend has hooker pipes..sound great. just havent been able to find anyone that sells them.
    ide really like something shorter than stock, but longer than the shortshots.

anyone know anything about the python throwbacks?
    i like the look of them, just cant find any reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by EaZ8 View Post
    thanks.. i just sent him a email, their website is under construction.
    Just call Tony, or rip by there and see what he can do. 416-265-1765
    It won't be any cheaper than other shops, but you'll get the correct advice for your specific bike.
    Last edited by AGAVE; 05-07-2012 at 11:24 AM.

I would second Heritage Cycle. I've purchased quite a few accessories for my XL1200C from them. Any 2-2 pipe like the Short Shots will kill your low and mid-range torque though and your EFI might be really thrown off. You may want to entertain looking at a good 2-1 pipe like a Bassani Road Rage or Python, even V&H Sideshots are good. As for going loud that's a whole other can of worms.
    Can't we settle this over a pint?