Anyone got the new Joe Rocket Phoenix 11.0 Mesh jacket yet?

Thread: Anyone got the new Joe Rocket Phoenix 11.0 Mesh jacket yet?

Anyone got the new Joe Rocket Phoenix 11.0 Mesh jacket yet?

Thinking of picking one up for the HOT weather. I was boiling in my regular JR when the weather was 28 and humid this week.

Anyone have one and can provide some feedback? Thanks!

Re: Anyone got the new Joe Rocket Phoenix 11.0 Mesh jacket yet?

I wear a JR mesh, not sure of the model, all the time. It came with a rain liner that I carry with me. If the temperature drops I put in the liner as a windbreaker. If it cools off even more I add a light sweater. If it gets colder than that I park the bike.

Hey man i got a teknic jacket thats the warmest jacket i ever worn but it also turns into a mesh summer jacket. Has full armor. Warn it 3 times it is like new condition size large. Let me know if you would be interested.

I ordered (online - should've tried it in the store first) the Phoenix 10.0 last summer and returned it due to the loose shoulder and elbow protectors. The jacket was light and comfortable but the lightness contributed to the looseness of the protectors. Those protectors will shift around in the event of a fall. I own 3 JR jackets and was disappointed with this one. However, if the new 11.0 has protectors that will sit still in their place then I will pick one up.

I'm selling the Alter Ego - Large
    Check it out, i have switched to a Leather version

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ377247342

I bought a JR mesh used - best $50 ever. Got the rain liner for cooler weather and then throw an iCon full waterproof over it for more warmth and dry.
    Great layers and good from 30 down to 8 or so.
    Really like the mesh. Took it to Australia and good even in 35 degree weather and armor worked great on a couple of the zero speed falls in the mud on the forest tracks.
    I'm no ATGATT rider but the mesh is so light I just throw it on as it never feels stiff or bulky.
    The JR stuff seems well designed.
    Found a free wifi spot on the popular motorcycle routes local or touring? Add to the list> here

Quote Originally Posted by 88-ninjas View Post
    I ordered (online - should've tried it in the store first) the Phoenix 10.0 last summer and returned it due to the loose shoulder and elbow protectors. The jacket was light and comfortable but the lightness contributed to the looseness of the protectors. Those protectors will shift around in the event of a fall. I own 3 JR jackets and was disappointed with this one. However, if the new 11.0 has protectors that will sit still in their place then I will pick one up.
    Hi guys, well i just bought this 11.0 jacket today at Royal and haven't gotten my bike yet to actually try it out on the road, but the elbow protectors do have three snaps to adjust tension around forearm to hold armor in place. It feels like a nice jacket but i'm still a noob.

Be safe out there guys.

Enjoy - - I like the fit adjustments on the JR. Did you get the liner?
    Found a free wifi spot on the popular motorcycle routes local or touring? Add to the list> here

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWolfman View Post
    Hi guys, well i just bought this 11.0 jacket today at Royal and haven't gotten my bike yet to actually try it out on the road, but the elbow protectors do have three snaps to adjust tension around forearm to hold armor in place. It feels like a nice jacket but i'm still a noob.

Be safe out there guys.
    How much was it at Royal?

Quote Originally Posted by MattB View Post
    Thinking of picking one up for the HOT weather. I was boiling in my regular JR when the weather was 28 and humid this week.

Anyone have one and can provide some feedback? Thanks!
    Just picked one up last week at the Royal Distributing tent sale. So few jackets come in Tall size, but this one does. And it actually fits properly for someone tall and slim, since others brands are way too loose and fit as though all tall guys have a "tire" around their middle too.
    I'm a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride.

One thing to remember with mesh tho is there has to be room for the liner inside. They do fit a bit loose without the liner in but waist straps are excellent.

My friend just got one, within the first week, the button snapped off when he was un-buttoning the arm part. Might be just individual jacket, otherwise, the jacket itself fits pretty nice and pretty breezy.

Quote Originally Posted by MattB View Post
    How much was it at Royal?
    I paid 180 for it. I agree with the other guys to, fits great and comfortable too.

Quote Originally Posted by thephenom View Post
    My friend just got one, within the first week, the button snapped off when he was un-buttoning the arm part. Might be just individual jacket, otherwise, the jacket itself fits pretty nice and pretty breezy.
    Same thing happened to my 11.0 when adjusting the arm, the button popped off. Other then that it fits me well and allows a decent amount of air through.