Red Light Canera Question

Thread: Red Light Canera Question

Red Light Canera Question

So this just happened on my way home...

I'm making a left turn, and the amber light appears. Cars are still going through and by the time it turns red, I finally get a break in the traffic. So as I go, the car behind me who was clearly behind the line decides to tail me through the red. I see two white flashes and figure there was red light cam...unless I'm just so cool that photographers were chasing me for a photo op=p but I highly doubt that scenerio.

Would I get dinged for anything or is the City reasonable, understanding, and comptent enough to know that I was inline for a left turn and the car behind me was the one that triggered the light. I'd be p'ed off if I get something in the mail in the near future.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
    Current: '90 GSXR 750
    2nd: '08 Suzuki GS500F (SOLD)
    [Yoshimura TRS Slip-on; K&N Hi-Flo filter; Fenderectomy; Sprockets (F -1/15T-JT | R +2/46T-Driven) ; Renthal Gold Chain; AVON AV45/46 tyres (17K kms and counting) ]
    1st: '08 Honda CBR125R (SOLD)
    [Arrow Slip-on]

"Four wheels carries your body; two wheels carries your soul."
    "I don't ride to be seen, I ride to disappear."

Re: Red Light Canera Question

nvm...
    Last edited by Sushii; 05-05-2012 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayao12 View Post

I'm making a left turn, and the amber light appears. Cars are still going through and by the time it turns red, I finally get a break in the traffic. So as I go, the car behind me who was clearly behind the line decides to tail me through the red. I see two white flashes and figure there was red light cam...unless I'm just so cool that photographers were chasing me for a photo op=p but I highly doubt that scenerio.

Would I get dinged for anything or is the City reasonable, understanding, and comptent enough to know that I was inline for a left turn and the car behind me was the one that triggered the light. I'd be p'ed off if I get something in the mail in the near future.
    Were you already in the intersection before the light turned red? If yes, you're fine.
    Better to regret something you have done than something you haven't.

even if you werent infront of the line, if 2 vehicles were caught by the red light cam and you were infront
    im sure you could take it to court and argue that the driver behind you was accelerating aggressively trying to make the red, and the only option for you is to make the left or be hit.
    pretty sure that it would work because you can say you left like your life was in danger.
    2004 Blue GSXR 600 (current)
    2010 red ninja 250r (Sold)

Every pic that those cams take is reviewed, so i think you should be fine.

If two vehicles in the pic, you're ok.

The car behind you was probably too close to allow the camera to get a clear shot of your plate. Also, since you were already in the intersection before the signal changed, the photo sequence will show you did not enter the intersection on a red. I would not worry about this one.

Malks
    1997 ST1100

if you were already "in" the intersection when the light changed, then you are fine...

X ---- > I'm Not here, But I'm there ---> X

Quote Originally Posted by Malks View Post
    The car behind you was probably too close to allow the camera to get a clear shot of your plate. Also, since you were already in the intersection before the signal changed, the photo sequence will show you did not enter the intersection on a red. I would not worry about this one.
    Not if the camera was infront of him...then they will only have his plate and not the car behind him...(unless the second photo caught him...which I might it should have)

But if you were "in" you should be ok...

I think you're fine OP. If you got stuck in the intersection when the light went red then you really have no other choice but to proceed. If they gave out tickets for that pretty much everyone on the road would be guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by HunGJaI View Post
    Not if the camera was infront of him...then they will only have his plate and not the car behind him...(unless the second photo caught him...which I might it should have)
    If OP was on his bike his rear plate might still be visible unless it was a large vehicle behind him.

If you were over the line when it went off, then you're OK. Even if you get dinged you could make a case that you had to go through, or be hit by the car behind you.

It flashed twice because each vehicle is photographed twice, to show its action through the intersection.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Dayao12 View Post

... is the City reasonable, understanding, and comptent enough ...
    It's pretty safe to assume as a general rule that all Government employees are reasonable,understanding, and competent. The same holds true for Police and Bosses.

Yea those tickets always show 2 pics, one of you approaching the intersection, and one of you going through.. Since you were in the intersection already dont sweat it