Starter solenoid - auto equivalent?

Thread: Starter solenoid - auto equivalent?

Starter solenoid - auto equivalent?

So it looks like the starter solenoid gave up the ghost on my ZX11. Is there any chance there's an automotive equivalent I could grab from Crappy Tire? It would be nice not to have to wait on Kahuna again.

It looks exactly like this: http://www.amazon.com/Starter-Soleno.../dp/B0073J97U0
    1996 Kawasaki ZX11D - "When I'm on the road, I'm indestructible. No one can stop me ... but they try."

Re: Starter solenoid - auto equivalent?

Should be able to use a car one with a bit of wiring.

I might have a spare one from a kawi or a GSXR...I gotta look around. But I don't see why you couldn't use it...

No cars that I know of use a relay like that, they use a different device that is built into the starter motor itself (and also serves the purpose of pulling the starter's gear drive into engagement).

But, practically every motorcycle uses a relay and main fuse holder which are very similar to that, so you could just go to any bike wrecker's with your non-working relay and find another one.

Older ford pick up. Maby 85. Or mustang from same years. Little bigger but same concept.

Ford used one like that forever also on many tractors, tsc and ct will both have something similar. They are also used on hydraulic power packs.

Sent from my LG-C660R using Tapatalk 2

Thanks all, I scrounged up a spare from someone.

I find it weird though, that there's Chinese knockoffs of this part on eBay - listed under ZX11 even. How big of a market can that be? :P
    1996 Kawasaki ZX11D - "When I'm on the road, I'm indestructible. No one can stop me ... but they try."