Smoke and Mirrors: Medical marijuana corruption

Thread: Smoke and Mirrors: Medical marijuana corruption

Smoke and Mirrors: Medical marijuana corruption

Opinions? I'm a little shocked to hear about this (the gov't side of things is what I mean)..

((WARNING)) its long..

Coles Notes: So a lawyer is scooping up doctors who are MJ friendly and charging people (some with real ****ed up problems some with BS) $1000, to get the MJ card so they can be "pain free" or whatever else from their condition. Lawyer admits, system flawed, also states doctors and lawyers are allowed to want to make $$. Another side is some docs are writing a lot of these forms (3000 for one doc), but his argument is not enough docs are doing it so people have to find them. "we are your saviors etc..."(they charge $250) Then there is this one guy who got a card to grow for "himself" then he ends up admitting he distributes wherever.. Compassion clinics=not legal, but allowed to exist by cops and enforcers because court rulings favor MJ clinics, they have their own application system ($300). Govt stance= MJ is not a scientifically proven drug, doses are unknown etc.. something regulatable (<-- not a word) needs to be created in order for the GOV't to legalize..

AND the entire process is supposed to be free, thus the alleged corruption on the part of the lawyer etc..

They then discuss the case of Matt Mernagh briefly..
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1983105/
    Last edited by Rob MacLennan; 05-07-2012 at 10:03 AM.

__________________________________________________ ____________________
    2007 Kawasaki ZX6R
    with a Two Bros Exhaust, X-TRE
    2010 GSXR-1000 (SOLD)
    2007 GSXR-600 (SOLD)

"I hate when people fight over the internet... OOO whatcha going to do, caps lock me to death..."

Re: Smoke and Mirrors: Medical marijuana corruption

Dude..that's 36 mins..can we get a Coles Notes version??
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

Quote Originally Posted by invictus43 View Post
    Dude..that's 36 mins..can we get a Coles Notes version??
    Roll a half-Q with that running in the background. Think of it as subliminal messaging.
    Andrew
    '05 CB919 and '04 CB599 shared with the missus (Jenerator)

The Christian Taliban running the country will fight this tooth and nail. Until we have more enlightened people in power, I'll keep my nose clean, but when that day comes... I'll do some serious studying on hydroponics
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Riddle me this, why does it have to be smoked? With all our science we cannot put this in pill/liquid form and sell it through the current channels? Now I somewhat understand drying, rolling, and smoking "may" be the cheapest form of delivery but it does not work well in our current system (and I am not so sure it is actually cheaper) and why is this the only thing one can smoke and not cause cancer... I am all for it if it works but why does it have to be smoked, that is my only question?

Several good questions have been brought up, my research and development department will get back to you shortly with some answers.

Quote Originally Posted by backmarkerducati View Post
    Riddle me this, why does it have to be smoked? With all our science we cannot put this in pill/liquid form and sell it through the current channels? Now I somewhat understand drying, rolling, and smoking "may" be the cheapest form of delivery but it does not work well in our current system (and I am not so sure it is actually cheaper) and why is this the only thing one can smoke and not cause cancer... I am all for it if it works but why does it have to be smoked, that is my only question?
    Vaporizer

Quote Originally Posted by backmarkerducati View Post
    Being pushed to the black market makes it prohibitively expensive to be consumed in any other way (vaporizing's an exception, but I haven't been a big fan of it). Smoking makes it easier to control the dosage without it being mass-produced (product packaging, "Green Caramels - 250mg of THC per serving" for example)
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

can an optometrist sign your papers for you?

I am eligible for medical marijuana and I asked my Doc about getting some and or growing some legally, just out of curiosity (I don't actually smoke it and never will, just don't like the effects) and she said it was extremely difficult to get and even more difficult to grow legally. Meanwhile a friend of mine grows for medical distribution and just reaped a 10k profit on his last harvest

I'm all for pot, it's harmless I smoke it daily.. But the whole "medical" marijuana system is a sham.

I know a few people with these medical marijuana cards and the compassion centres are nothing but a loophole to sell weed. Theres nothing medical about their distribution especially since they sell hash oil which is considered a completely different substance from cannabis and is definitely not legal under medical marijuana. They have THC pills which give you all the medical benefits of marijuana without getting you high, it isn't nearly as bad as cigarettes but smoking the **** just isn't good for you and shouldnt be a medical form of administration.

They need to either legalize completely or leave it as is, the medical marijuana movement is a step backwards as corruption like this starts to surface.
    former: 2006 sv650s (sold)
    current: 2009 r6

"You need to stop suckin back the ballserade, to much salt can be toxic."

Quote Originally Posted by optionfa View Post
    I'm all for pot, it's harmless I smoke it daily.. But the whole "medical" marijuana system is a sham.

I know a few people with these medical marijuana cards and the compassion centres are nothing but a loophole to sell weed. Theres nothing medical about their distribution especially since they sell hash oil which is considered a completely different substance from cannabis and is definitely not legal under medical marijuana. They have THC pills which give you all the medical benefits of marijuana without getting you high, it isn't nearly as bad as cigarettes but smoking the **** just isn't good for you and shouldnt be a medical form of administration.

They need to either legalize completely or leave it as is, the medical marijuana movement is a step backwards as corruption like this starts to surface.
    I'm guessing you don't know any legitimate users then.
    Pot isn't used to cure anything or make you healthier.
    Smoking pot is only bad for you if you intend to live.
    People that are dying of a terminal illness aren't concerned about the negative effects of smoking it dude.

Actually several test and studies have shown that certain types of THC actually attack cancer cells, and force them to self destruct. Check out this short clip.
    Using the same tests used to judge new chemotherapies, the SETH team discovered that this herbal compound kills human brain tumor cells at a concentration that is nontoxic to normal brain cells. A computerized microscope captured images of the cells every 5 minutes to compile the time-lapse videos. After 20 hours of treatment, Δ9-THC kills all cancer cells but leaves normal brain cells alive. Cell death is evidenced by cells shrinking to inanimate white spheres.

Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    I'm guessing you don't know any legitimate users then.
    Pot isn't used to cure anything or make you healthier.
    Smoking pot is only bad for you if you intend to live.
    People that are dying of a terminal illness aren't concerned about the negative effects of smoking it dude.

__________________________________________________ ____________________
    2007 Kawasaki ZX6R
    with a Two Bros Exhaust, X-TRE
    2010 GSXR-1000 (SOLD)
    2007 GSXR-600 (SOLD)

"I hate when people fight over the internet... OOO whatcha going to do, caps lock me to death..."

Ya, these are all non-credited studies and people need to make up their mind if their going to push pot as a herbal pain killer for terminally ill patients, I understand its benefits for nausea and apatite symptoms with treatments like chemo, or if THC is actually going to be used to cure certain illnesses.

It's just all way too non-legitimate to be taken seriously as a medical treatment right now, guy walks into a compassion centre with a marijuana perscription for arthritis and gets a recommendation for some white widow 70% sativa 30% indica and handed a glass pipe with a skull on it.. does that sound like anything the government would ever take seriously?
    former: 2006 sv650s (sold)
    current: 2009 r6

"You need to stop suckin back the ballserade, to much salt can be toxic."

Im a pot smoker and I used to think that medical M.J. was b.s. myself. Then a non pot smoking friend of mine a few years back contacted ulcerate colitis which basically mean he had a bacterial infection eating a hole through his colon. His stomach pains from the infection were brutal. He would tell me that he wished he was dead the pain was so bad.

After some treatments before the surgery to remove his colon, the doctors tried some serums on him that were supposed to kill the pain. The first one they tried gave him pancreatitis. After two weeks they tried another serum that he ended up having a horrible allergic reaction to and it locked up all his joint in his legs and arms. Finally they gave him something called Humaria or something like that. It worked, however you need two injections a month, one months worth of the stuff was $1,800 and the government would give NO assistance on paying for it. He felt he was out of options.

I don't know how he ended up trying pot. I think it was his girlfriend at the time who gave him some and asked him to try it. It seemed to help him. He told me it doesn't kill the pain, but rather dulls it to the point of it being liveable. Sure enough in time he got his card to buy at the Toronto compassion center. He is limited to a certain amount every month and what he buys and how much is recorded to that he can't go and pick up a fat ounce for me or any of his buddy's whenever he wants. In fact when we both went to the store I was asked to wait outside while he did his thing buying. They center has been raided before by the police and from what I'm told its just to keep the center on its toes and keep things strict.

All in all I changed my mind on M.M. I do think it helps people with their real pain. I use when I have a real bad headache and it dulls the paid to a state where I can at least function. The problem faced is that it's also very Fu stuff if your not sick and I don't think the government wants to see things turn into another California or Colorado. Its either going to stay the way it is or it has to be legalized. I wish they would grow sell and tax it. Do it through the L.C.B.O. Ill tell you when I was a teenager is was easier to get smokes then it was booze, i think they could let us have it if it was thought through and controled as alcohol is. As well as we all know its not going away.

This is my signature