I found my next bike after I hit the 50 k mark on my cbr125 that is!

Thread: I found my next bike after I hit the 50 k mark on my cbr125 that is!

I found my next bike after I hit the 50 k mark on my cbr125 that is!

http://www.ultimatemotorcycling.com/...nc700x-preview

It's getting to the point I am eyeing for my next bike. The storage and accessories for this bike is off the chart. It also gets an amazing 64 mpg. The price in the US is 6999. No Canadian price is listed as of yet, my guess is 8000.

However, I also like this bike.

http://moto.suzuki.ca/product%20line...?sc_lang=en-CA

Re: I found my next bike after I hit the 50 k mark on my cbr125 that is!

That honda bike looks like such a cool bike. Its like a adventure bike but perfect for the city and the ****** streets with 6" clearance on the front... And its automatic too? I'd love to try one! The SV650 is a nice bike too, sporty handling and feel you'd have to ride both and see what you like. I am sure the Honda is way more comfortable
    Lets Ride

Quote Originally Posted by RicoChet View Post
    That honda bike looks like such a cool bike. Its like a adventure bike but perfect for the city and the ****** streets with 6" clearance on the front... And its automatic too? I'd love to try one! The SV650 is a nice bike too, sporty handling and feel you'd have to ride both and see what you like. I am sure the Honda is way more comfortable
    If you pay more you get the automatic and abs. No thanks, I like shifting gears. I think the sv would get me into trouble as I would ride it like my 125, not good. The riding position of the nc would have me riding more civilized and relaxed. The bike also has a windshield option increasing the comfort level in frigid weather.

I would wait for the crossrunner:

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motor...nerVFR800X.htm
    1998 Honda VFR800 -Current
    1982 Honda VF750S -Sold

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet132 View Post
    Is this bike coming to Canada? Depending on the price, for sure. I had an 83 v45 honda sabre with the vtec engine. If I could have that engine in new fuel injected bike, sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    Is this bike coming to Canada? Depending on the price, for sure. I had an 83 v45 honda sabre with the vtec engine. If I could have that engine in new fuel injected bike, sweet.

It should be, but not sure when. Seems to be the 6th gen VFR motor in a more adventure oriented bike.
    1998 Honda VFR800 -Current
    1982 Honda VF750S -Sold

I sure hope bike styling doesn't follow with these 2 hondas.

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet132 View Post

This looks bloody awesome! I'm very interested to see how much it'll be in Canada. Thanks for posting as I was not aware this was coming.

http://www.wheels.ca/article/807042

This is a good write up on the nc700x. The more I read the more I am interested. Sounds like July is the date for Canada at a price of 9500. I can get that bike in the US for 6999. The Canadian dollar is worth more. Honda Canada must be out of their mind if they think I am going to give away 2500 * .13 for $2825.

Don't knock automatic on a bike if you haven't tried it. I loved shifting manually while commuting, but found it a nuisance on Sunday rides. Perhaps I associated it with work, who knows. Riding the Burgman is more enjoyable overall than my previous two bikes. It frees up some headspace to appreciate (or loathe in some cases) the scenery. Despite having owned an older 600 SS, I've found the scoot's (~55 HP) engine to be perfectly adequate. The nc700x revs lower and features a better power-weight ratio than the Burgman too, so you won't be disappointed.

As has been mentioned before, Honda Canada has much weaker buying power than Honda USA--they will NEVER be equal, unless Mother Honda gives them a break. Get it from the States, or see if you can use that advantage to bargain here.
    Last edited by Flywheel; 05-06-2012 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flywheel View Post
    Don't knock automatic on a bike if you haven't tried it. I loved shifting manually while commuting, but found it a nuisance on Sunday rides. Perhaps I associated it with work, who knows. Riding the Burgman is more enjoyable overall than my previous two bikes. It frees up some headspace to appreciate (or loathe in some cases) the scenery. Despite having owned an older 600 SS, I've found the scoot's (~55 HP) engine to be perfectly adequate. The nc700x revs lower and features a better power-weight ratio than the Burgman too, so you won't be disappointed.

As has been mentioned before, Honda Canada has much weaker buying power than Honda USA--they will NEVER be equal, unless Mother Honda gives them a break. Get it from the States, or see if you can use that advantage to bargain here.
    Honda US wants 8999 for the automatic and ABS. Not worth 2000 US to me. Honda Canada priced the CBR250 close to the US price to not make it worth buying from the US. 2500 is too much of a price difference.

A 1983 V45 Sabre with VTEC??? Doubtful...

Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post