A World In Debt - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A World In Debt

Re: A World In Debt

Quote Originally Posted by 01cbr View Post
    I generally only engage in these types of threads to poke fun at these opinions but I will give this genuine response thing a try.

How would we EVER survive with higher interest rates!!

http://www.bcrealtor.com/d_bkcan.htm
    And this is what you come up with???

C'mon...don't waste my time.

Show me how this scenerio is the same as our current situation. Do you even know why interest rates rose back then? This argument lacks balls and relevance. And beyond that it strays from your original points.

I'm on vaca and this is clearly going no where. I am out.

Quote Originally Posted by Red695 View Post
    And this is what you come up with???

C'mon...don't waste my time.

Show me how this scenerio is the same as our current situation. Do you even know why interest rates rose back then? This argument lacks balls and relevance. And beyond that it strays from your original points.

I'm on vaca and this is clearly going no where. I am out.
    LOL great cop out.

Interest rates general rise during secure economic times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTWoN-gnLA8

At the end of it all, the only metal you need, will have gun powder behind it
    Last edited by eastcoast_gsx; 05-06-2012 at 07:32 PM.
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

LOL great cop out.

Interest rates general rise during secure economic times.
    At this time the government would start cutting spend, eventually starting to pay off some debt.

http://careercompasscanada.com/knowl...policy-reforms

At this time the government would start cutting spend, eventually starting to pay off some debt.

http://careercompasscanada.com/knowl...policy-reforms
    Why are you even arguing with a retail investor.
    This post does not provide any legal advice and readers should consult with their own lawyer for legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by OpenGambit View Post
    Im not entirely convinced of hyperinflation and a total economic collapse???

Defiantly not a retail investor I would want to work with that for sure.

Come on people in an electrician for **** sake. Why do I feel like im the only one who has a clue sometimes?
    Last edited by 01cbr; 05-06-2012 at 07:55 PM.

You I will argue with.

If you are not a retail investor you're doing it wrong

You I will argue with.

If you are not a retail investor you're doing it wrong
    save your breath. I don't waste mine.

As far as financial markets go, we don't live in the same space.
    This post does not provide any legal advice and readers should consult with their own lawyer for legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by opengambit View Post

bazinga!
    Mike "Gummiente" Palmer
    '07 H-D Road Glide

Loud Pipes Ruin Rights

Fair enough. Although, you do like to have your hand in a lot debates around here it seems for someone who doesn't like to waste ones breath. Somewhat futile don't you think?

lol thought this would be a dead thread. I took 2 years of Economics but neglecting theories I was just stating my opinion. Being an investor as a side job I do try to learn from others and try to weigh it with my meager understanding of economic theories. If we were to use prior history of massive government spending we could use the WW2 periods when massive government spending got the countries out of a recession but that was a different time and different circumstances.

When interest rates were in the double digits houses were cheaper cost of living was cheaper. People now hold more debts than before. You can use your HELOC to purchase another house or buy yourself some expensive toys. Interest rate will eventually go up to keep inflation low and it may be good to the investors but for all those that took out a mortgage of 35 years at below 4% they will feel the double digit interest rate and there will be lots of foreclosures.

On a side note I just went to the bank last week looking to buy another house and they offered me 3.49% over 4 year fixed. Think I'm going to pile on more debt lol. It's just so easy getting approved.

Never buy paper metal. Nuff said.

What do you mean move it? Like carry it around? Or use it as currency? For the later, you can always go to melt, for the other, I workout

Seriously though, vaults are easy to build. And if you own multiple properties and are smart about where you allow people to find your name none of what you said is an issue. Besides, when the apocalypse comes, me and my metal will be long gone.
    Ok, so you wanna go out and spend it... People will notice that you're lugging gold around and will be wondering where you're keeping it. They'll eventually find out all they need in order to get it. Hoarding gold works great for those who can afford some serious security to protect it. For regular folk, things are a bit different.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

So, Greece dumped their austerity government. Overseas markets tumble. Round two of word debt thread begins.

Can somebody please let me know when the Apocalypse fires up? I've invested in some precious metal and will need to know when to go get it.
    Mike "Gummiente" Palmer
    '07 H-D Road Glide

Loud Pipes Ruin Rights

Quote Originally Posted by psycho44 View Post
    lol thought this would be a dead thread. I took 2 years of Economics but neglecting theories I was just stating my opinion. Being an investor as a side job I do try to learn from others and try to weigh it with my meager understanding of economic theories. If we were to use prior history of massive government spending we could use the WW2 periods when massive government spending got the countries out of a recession but that was a different time and different circumstances.

When interest rates were in the double digits houses were cheaper cost of living was cheaper. People now hold more debts than before. You can use your HELOC to purchase another house or buy yourself some expensive toys. Interest rate will eventually go up to keep inflation low and it may be good to the investors but for all those that took out a mortgage of 35 years at below 4% they will feel the double digit interest rate and there will be lots of foreclosures.

On a side note I just went to the bank last week looking to buy another house and they offered me 3.49% over 4 year fixed. Think I'm going to pile on more debt lol. It's just so easy getting approved.
    So interest rates should stay low so Canadians keep piling on the debt and housing prices continue to rise?