Popping on decel - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Popping on decel

Re: Popping on decel

Took the header pipes off this morning.The nuts at the heads were not much more than finger tight.There wasn't much left of the old gaskets.Here's a pic of the one gasket and a new one.Thanks frekeyguy,i'll check the airbox as well.
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing
    2009 1100S Hypermotard (for sale)
    944 Ducati track the "Blueberry Muffin"

Quote Originally Posted by frekeyguy View Post
    Persoanlly my 636 used to run WAY too rich when I acquired it...with a full length ARKA can it used to shoot flames on decel.....now with a fuel management system, and even with a stubby akro can it runs smooth....better fuel economy...no flames and no popping.
    I had the same problem too! I didn't know it was running way rich until I had it on the dyno and my AFR was 10:1

I got the autotune, and made the AFR target lean in the cruise area, and 13:1 at 60% and over throttle. My fuel light use to come on around 180-185 and I just did my first full tank with the new tune yesterday, had a 2upper for the entire tank, fuel light came on at 230km's!!! INSANE!

The only thing I notice in the "lean" cruise area is a more abrupt transition from on throttle to off throttle, and vice versa, probably exaggerated by my +3 rear sprocket too I'm sure. But I can live with it

-Jamie M.
    Last edited by toysareforboys; 05-07-2012 at 07:42 PM.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Thanks for the tips everyone.It was the header gaskets.Took it up and down the street this aft.It was perfect.What a relief.
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing
    2009 1100S Hypermotard (for sale)
    944 Ducati track the "Blueberry Muffin"