TMP Sunday - who's going?

Thread: TMP Sunday - who's going?

TMP Sunday - who's going?

I didn't make the pre-registration deadline Wednesday, but will be there Sunday paying full price at the gate. Who else is in? Looks like perfect weather.

Going home now to wet sand the clear-coat on my new fairing....see a bunch of you Sunday I hope!
    It's never too late for a happy childhood...

Re: TMP Sunday - who's going?

Considering it, itching to get out this year!
    For all your Paint, Repair and Plastic Welding - Cheekeebandito http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/member.php?u=182

I'm in.

Anyone have an extra guest pass?
    For all your Paint, Repair and Plastic Welding - Cheekeebandito http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/member.php?u=182

I'm in now too.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth1 View Post
    Anyone have an extra guest pass?
    PM'd you.

Great day! Not too busy but they ran three groups anyway so lots of open track - no more than 6 or 7 bikes on the track at any one time. I left before the final sessions but as of that time I don't think there had been a single crash, and only two or three that even ran across the grass at any point. If only every track day was that trouble free!

Teal ripping up the course today...

Last edited by R1Guy; 05-06-2012 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R1Guy View Post

Nice shot, Mike.

Put a few more up, and we'll see if your photog skills are nearly as good as your riding skills.

Quote Originally Posted by SunnY S View Post
    Nice shot, Mike.

Put a few more up, and we'll see if your photog skills are nearly as good as your riding skills.
    Fast guys like Teal make it easy...
    Got there late so I didn't do any in field shots... these were taken along the wall.
    Last edited by R1Guy; 05-06-2012 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TimJ View Post
    I'm in now too.

PM'd you.
    Thanks for the PM, totally missed it until now.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowDuck View Post
    Great day! Not too busy but they ran three groups anyway so lots of open track - no more than 6 or 7 bikes on the track at any one time. I left before the final sessions but as of that time I don't think there had been a single crash, and only two or three that even ran across the grass at any point. If only every track day was that trouble free!
    Yeah, really nice open day today with little to no traffic and no drama. I think I had 2 of those off track excursions in our group sadly, luckily they weren't more then that. Really enjoyed getting back on track, lots of track rust and my legs and hands/arms need to get re-acquainted with riding. You were looking really goo out there, it's a pleasure to ride near your bike as it sounds awesome!

Fast guys like Teal make it easy...
    Got there late so I didn't do any in field shots... these were taken along the wall.
    Agreed, him and Luke were going really quick....one day it would be nice to be as quick as them.

You got the pic! Thanks so much for this!

Yeah, really nice open day today with little to no traffic and no drama. I think I had 2 of those off track excursions in our group sadly, luckily they weren't more then that. Really enjoyed getting back on track, lots of track rust and my legs and hands/arms need to get re-acquainted with riding. You were looking really goo out there, it's a pleasure to ride near your bike as it sounds awesome!
    Thanks. I figure if you can't be fast, you might as well be stylish Actually, apparently the two sometimes go hand in hand - I put that fairing on over the winter, and yesterday dropped 4.0 s (?!?!) from my best lap last year. Definitely wasn't expecting that.

I know about the track rust - this morning I feel like I ran a marathon yesterday.

Yeah, watching the 299 bike was entertaining as hell all day - what a show!

Quote Originally Posted by SunnY S View Post
    Nice shot, Mike.

Well I asked for a shot of me with the back wheel up in the air while on the brakes into Turn 1, and look what I got.

Here's a somewhat uneventful video from my 1st session after lunch, if anybody's interested. I don't really get moving until the 5:00 mark. Improved on last track day's best time but I'm still over a second slower than R1Guy.

Agreed, him and Luke were going really quick....one day it would be nice to be as quick as them.
    Luke saved my day. My brand new generator stopped producing electricity by lunch time and he let me plug into his genny. Huge thanks to Luke, otherwise my afternoon would have been a wash.

Quote Originally Posted by Teal View Post
    Here's a somewhat uneventful video from my 1st session after lunch, if anybody's interested.
    Ha ha! Your definition of "uneventful" is pretty different from mine... It's amazing to me the types of passes you guys do in red group. I realize that all of you are totally comfortable with it, but watching that video kinda gives me the cold sweats. It's not just the physical skill involved...how does anyone's *brain* even work that fast? The whole thing looks to me like it's on fast forward, with other bikes getting dispatched like it's a video game. Yikes.

I'm amazed. Terrorized, but amazed.

I agree, brain has to be at mach speed to compute everything that is going on when you're moving that fast. Your bike look like its set up pretty close to prefect on that last corner, just seems to "track" if you will and hold a very tight line through the last turn without any issue. Also looks bumpy as hell for you in turn 1. If you changed gearing a bit do you think you could get any more before the kink? Seems like you rev out on that short stretch but maybe you'd lose in other spots? I may not have a clue but just thinking out loud.

Great video Teal, hope to see you again this summer, was pitted next to you and Mike last Sept long weekend (green kawi zx6).
    2004 zx10r ninja street
    2007 zx6r ninja track
    1988 gsxr 7/11 stretched @ slammed

Quote Originally Posted by YellowDuck View Post
    ... The whole thing looks to me like it's on fast forward, with other bikes getting dispatched like it's a video game. Yikes.

I'm amazed. Terrorized, but amazed.
    I was about to say the same thing, that looked quite incredible. Great video teal!