Neck braces, what are you guys using??

Thread: Neck braces, what are you guys using??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Neck braces, what are you guys using??

Just don't get the EVS brace. It's a horrible design in so many ways.

Quote Originally Posted by rmemedic View Post
    Just don't get the EVS brace. It's a horrible design in so many ways.
    The old or the new one? I thought the EVS R4 received some decent feedback from several magazine reviews (mind you, I can't find any current reviews...only the beta reviews of the product).
    Peeing in the gene pool...

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    I have a feeling she might gut me while I sleep and make love to my organs in a bathtub
    DISCLAIMER: This forum requires thick skin. I will not be held accountable for your inability to take internet sarcasm, but I might be held accountable for your mom walking bow legged this morning...

Quote Originally Posted by dr_sarcasm View Post
    The old or the new one? I thought the EVS R4 received some decent feedback from several magazine reviews (mind you, I can't find any current reviews...only the beta reviews of the product).
    the RC-EVO is for sure junk.
    The R4... You're getting what you pay for material wise. The closure system doesn't seem that great for it.

Just looking at the way it's bracing off your thorax, I'm not sure if it has enough "leverage" to prevent your head moving too far... Meaning the contact points of the brace on the thorax is too close to the brace and it looks like it's more likely to slip.

The Leatt... With the force being pushed right on the spine, has been a topic of discussion. There are lots of reports of broken vertebra, right at the top of where the brace pushes on the spine... And there have been some people wearing the Leatt with actual spinal cord damage right at that same location.

The Atlas, takes that force and puts it on the Scapula. A stronger bone. And if you do crack your shoulder blades you're just out of the game for a little bit, in my opinion a lot less chance of spinal cord injury.

The Leatt and Atlas have their "leverage point" further down from the "fulcrum" of the neck, giving the brace a better mechanical advantage against the force being applied, and less likely to shift.

These are just my observations, taking in from my professional background and having seen and worn each of these braces.