Ask A Motorcycle thief - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ask A Motorcycle thief

Re: Ask A Motorcycle thief

Quote Originally Posted by SkyRider View Post
    yeah but it weights tons how the heck are you gonna move it? lol

you guys clearly havent watched Fast 5 hahahha

so after some reading i guess ducati bikes are safest? a thief needs his own ecu to hot wire the bike.

There is a simple solution to all of this. The $5 ultimate theft deterent system. Go to canadian tire, buy a quart of oil. Pour said quart of oil underneath your bike. No one is going to touch it

Or crash it at the track a few times, which also seems to be working...
    don't be a road crayon, wear your gear, the road doesn't care how "cool" you think you look when it's busy cheese grading your skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    If someone is a "dealer" and they are not registered with OMVIC then don't deal with them.

If someone is a curbstoner (a private seller who does a lot of buying and selling) then they are to be treated as a private seller but with even greater suspicion. A private seller who is legit, ought to be able to tell you the history of the bike. Any private seller (includes a curbstoner) has to give you the UVIP. No UVIP? No deal. If there is anything sketchy about the bike - no deal.

I know there are some places who rebuild wrecked bikes, and I know there are others who import from the USA and elsewhere. Get paperwork and ask lots of questions. LOTS and lots of questions.
    I always thought the term was curbsider....

in any case... There are definately shops around Ontario that **** around with stuff. But I wonder more often if some of these shops are more of a bigger front for some other kind illegitimate business and dealing in hot goods is just another way to be more profitable.

Where the sun don't shine (Toronto, you nasty)

I want to read them out of curiosity, but I'm hard-pressed for time right now. & my 250's not a hot item so I'm safer than most of you guys with ss...can someone offer cliffs? Pretty please?

Quote Originally Posted by knowledge View Post
    I want to read them out of curiosity, but I'm hard-pressed for time right now. & my 250's not a hot item so I'm safer than most of you guys with ss...can someone offer cliffs? Pretty please?
    Stealing is bad, having your bike stolen sucks
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]