respects to this dude!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: respects to this dude!

respects to this dude!

http://www.wimp.com/civiliantraffic/

found this while surfing the web
    this happened in toronto, dufferin and steeles intersection i believe. not sure when though
    and no i wasnt the camera man

seriously dude, this guy should be nominated for citizen of the month award.

in short a pedestrian walks out to the middle of the intersection with disabled lights and started directing traffic and doing i would say a pretty darn good job of keeping the traffic moving until the cops arrive!

reminds us all that we should stop being so selfish sometimes, and just take the time to help others like this guy has, though im not sure excatly how long he was there for before the video started. but he took the time out of his day to help others.

too bad the cop didnt at least give the guy a hand shake or something, hopefully he was at least thanked by the cop verbally.

big props to him though!
    2004 Blue GSXR 600 (current)
    2010 red ninja 250r (Sold)

Re: respects to this dude!

Quote Originally Posted by absolute View Post
    http://www.wimp.com/civiliantraffic/

found this while surfing the web
    this happened in toronto, dufferin and steeles intersection i believe. not sure when though
    and no i wasnt the camera man

seriously dude, this guy should be nominated for citizen of the month award.

in short a pedestrian walks out to the middle of the intersection with disabled lights and started directing traffic and doing i would say a pretty darn good job of keeping the traffic moving until the cops arrive!

reminds us all that we should stop being so selfish sometimes, and just take the time to help others like this guy has, though im not sure excatly how long he was there for before the video started. but he took the time out of his day to help others.

too bad the cop didnt at least give the guy a hand shake or something, hopefully he was at least thanked by the cop verbally.

big props to him though!

Knowing Canada they probably arrested him for impersonating an officer
    51 Panhead FL Chop, 2011 MV Agusta F4

I remember reading that the police don't like when people do this because the individuals can be held responsible if there is an accident.
    Well-weathered leather
    Hot metal and oil
    The scented country air
    Sunlight on chrome
    The blur of the landscape
    Every nerve aware

Rush - Red Barchetta

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    I remember reading that the police don't like when people do this because the individuals can be held responsible if there is an accident.
    more like the police dislike it because a civilian had to do their job while they are at timmies

I can just imagine what the cop said:

"Alright sir, party's over - get the **** off the street."
    2008 CBR125R
    1986 GS750EF
    1976 RD400 - 1st bike, long gone

This

Quote Originally Posted by dru9 View Post
    I can just imagine what the cop said:

"Alright sir, party's over - get the **** off the street."
    and/or this

Quote Originally Posted by sonnythebull View Post
    Peeing in the gene pool...

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    I have a feeling she might gut me while I sleep and make love to my organs in a bathtub
    DISCLAIMER: This forum requires thick skin. I will not be held accountable for your inability to take internet sarcasm, but I might be held accountable for your mom walking bow legged this morning...

So why couldn't people just treat this as a 4 way stop like they're supposed to...?

Quote Originally Posted by PLau View Post
    So why couldn't people just treat this as a 4 way stop like they're supposed to...?

A GIANT Four way stop. People seem to treat them as Free-For-All-ways when this happens. Why put yourself in harms way? I wouldn't.

If people can't handle a 4 way stop, I wouldn't want to be the one standing in the middle of the intersection... Especially knowing that Dufferin NB has a right turn lane and some people go straight on that lane to cut off people in the middle of the intersection.

That's the law, doesn't mean that everyone will obey it. Anyway, it should have been treated as a 4 way stop but with that many lanes and cars, there's no way it was going to happen. Not that I agree with the self-righteous do-gooder standing in the road pretending that he has power over who goes next...
    2008 CBR125R
    1986 GS750EF
    1976 RD400 - 1st bike, long gone

Just doesn't work in practice, even if the first few people started doing the 4way stop, that breaks down really fast when you have three cars to the right, three in front and three to left. Too much potential for driver confusion and once one person goofs, more follow out of impatience or frustration.

Big intersections like this just develop into chaotic free-for-all's.
    2009 Kawi ZX6r Ninja Monster Energy Edition
    2009 Kawi EX650

If people can't handle a 4 way stop, I wouldn't want to be the one standing in the middle of the intersection... Especially knowing that Dufferin NB has a right turn lane and some people go straight on that lane to cut off people in the middle of the intersection.
    Not since they put the HOV lane. Now people just drive alone in the HOV lane.

....and REPOST BTW

Quote Originally Posted by SkyRider View Post
    more like the police dislike it because a civilian had to do their job while they are at timmies
    The vid prove's that any one with common sense, knowledge of directing traffic and a bright shirt can effectively direct traffic.
    I sometimes wonder why the city does not hire crossing guards to direct traffic for situations like these or construction work. Even if they had train these crossing guards to a higher standard then they are at right now it would still be cheaper in the long run.
    I know the police stance would be its better to have a cop presence, to monitor or react to any dangerous traffic situations. But if you slap a go pro chest cam on every crossing guard, and have any videoed traffic violations forwarded to the police at the end of shift the monitoring part of the equation is taken care of.
    Sleeping is my drug,
    My bed is my dealer,
    and my alarm clock
    is the police.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnythebull View Post
    no its a union thing he is taking away a union job.
    I been doing so much with so little for so long, that I am now qualified to do anything.

2004 Blue GSXR 600 (current)
    2010 red ninja 250r (Sold)

Props to the trucker who stopped to give him a vest!

Disappointing he didnt even get a handshake or a pat on the back.

But the attitude of "i'm not doing that or its taking away a job comments etc..." are brutal. That's the exact reason why simple acts like this are blasted over the web bc they dont happen that often anymore. disappointing really. It also show that you are a complete wuss and shouldnt be allowed to ride a bike. Man up!

Oh and if the cops weren't dealing with your dumb ***** complaints of your precious PS3 being stolen out of your parents house, then they'd probably have more time to deal with more important things.

But then again this is an internet forum, we're all angels here and are perfect
    FPR - Fat. Power. Ranger

"It takes me more to share the back seat on my bike then the spot next to me in bed"

That guy has definitely directed traffic before. Maybe he is in police foundations?

Quote Originally Posted by FitzR6 View Post
    That guy has definitely directed traffic before. Maybe he is in police foundations?
    +1

Sent from my iPhone. (not while I was riding)
    FPR - Fat. Power. Ranger

"It takes me more to share the back seat on my bike then the spot next to me in bed"

Props to the dude!
    I don't ride a bike for safety.