At-fault bike write-off....what is the expected insurance premium hike? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: At-fault bike write-off....what is the expected insurance premium hike?

Re: At-fault bike write-off....what is the expected insurance premium hike?

Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    So you are saying that an animal ran on to the road and you swerved to avoid it and went down right?
    Doesn't count, you have to hit the animal. There's was an article a few years back in the Sun about this guys daughter that swerved to avoid a moose or deer up north, She was in a small car and went into the ditch. Insurance put her 100% at fault, basically they said if she had hit the animal she wouldn't have been at fault.

I'm still healing up. My left hand is returning back to normal functionality but my knees are still in bad shape. Its tough getting around as my legs lock up. As soon as I'm able to, I'm going to tear the bike apart and assess the damage properly and figure out how much it will cost to repair.

Also thanks to everyone who responded! I'm thinking of staying away from reporting to insurance. My record is already quite bad (4 infractions with the car) so I can't afford to have another shitter on there for 6 years.

Quote Originally Posted by woobie View Post
    Doesn't count, you have to hit the animal. There's was an article a few years back in the Sun about this guys daughter that swerved to avoid a moose or deer up north, She was in a small car and went into the ditch. Insurance put her 100% at fault, basically they said if she had hit the animal she wouldn't have been at fault.
    I know some ppl swerved to avoid "animals" and it was all good... I'm sure that's not the norm though
    "They Say At 100MPH Water Feels Like Concrete, Just Imagine What Concrete Feels Like At 100mph" - Nicky Hayden

>< VC 01.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsha View Post
    I'm still healing up. My left hand is returning back to normal functionality but my knees are still in bad shape. Its tough getting around as my legs lock up. As soon as I'm able to, I'm going to tear the bike apart and assess the damage properly and figure out how much it will cost to repair.

Also thanks to everyone who responded! I'm thinking of staying away from reporting to insurance. My record is already quite bad (4 infractions with the car) so I can't afford to have another shitter on there for 6 years.
    You might want to get yourself checked out as well if your knees are in pretty bad shape and add the cost of that in to the equation cause medical bills can be costly as well.