Guy highsides FZ6 to prove a point

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guy highsides FZ6 to prove a point

Guy highsides FZ6 to prove a point

As I understand to prove ATTGAT point. I myself ATTGAT guy but wow - that's dedication:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOMcF...ature=youtu.be

Re: Guy highsides FZ6 to prove a point

why the f does he need to crash himself to prove this point? every other motorcycle race there's a highside crash already that people can watch and observe.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyRider View Post
    why the f does he need to crash himself to prove this point? every other motorcycle race there's a highside crash already that people can watch and observe.
    I'm guessing he's a stunt rider and it was a PSA that was intended to make the risk more 'real' to drive the point home.

But if I think about it, I don't know any stories of people who've ever highsided while riding the street. Heard a ton of lowside and getting cut off stories though. So maybe it's not all that realistic.
    There is no planet B.

Quote Originally Posted by fastar1 View Post
    But if I think about it, I don't know any stories of people who've ever highsided while riding the street. Heard a ton of lowside and getting cut off stories though. So maybe it's not all that realistic.
    this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlMbFlPzS24

Squeeze with ur kneeeees.

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

He also did a lowside on a scooter without any gear ...

^ looks like a lowside lol

I know someone who says he high sided on the lawrence ramp on dvp but that's the only high side street story I've heard.

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

I meant to do that.

That's what they all say.

I also meant to do my highside on the street. Really.
    Ignorance is curable, Apathy not so much, but I don't care, I'll try anyway.

You can actually see the point in which his wrist breaks..... poor bastard.

" Run as fast as you can, then jump and slide on the pavement. Now think of traveling at 80 MPH and doing the same. Don't be a squid, wear proper gear. "

Someone get him a job as an actor.
    HONDA SHADOW AERO BAGGER
    Look for a glowing white bike

I'm guessing he's a stunt rider and it was a PSA that was intended to make the risk more 'real' to drive the point home.
    Perfect break falling technique. Slightly to the side rolling off the arm with one leg slightly bent and absorbing the impact. Head tucked in.

I know it happens. I've just never heard any stories of it happening on the street as opposed to all the other types of crashes that I've heard of. Of course you can find anything on the internet.
    There is no planet B.

Quote Originally Posted by psycho44 View Post
    Perfect break falling technique. Slightly to the side rolling off the arm with one leg slightly bent and absorbing the impact. Head tucked in.
    I thought pulling your arms in, with fists under your chin was the best way to fall--it stops flailing (which breaks fingers/hands/wrists) and prevents your head from being pushed too far forward. There's a race crash video out there where you can see it in action.

Hghsides are caused by closing the throttle quickly when the rear tire loses traction in a turn, not by panic stops, right? I guess the stuntman wasn't keen on testing the gear by rolling under the car, or smashing into the trunk.

Wow - one on scooter looks painful!

Quote Originally Posted by Flywheel View Post
    I thought pulling your arms in, with fists under your chin was the best way to fall--it stops flailing (which breaks fingers/hands/wrists) and prevents your head from being pushed too far forward. There's a race crash video out there where you can see it in action.

Hghsides are caused by closing the throttle quickly when the rear tire loses traction in a turn, not by panic stops, right? I guess the stuntman wasn't keen on testing the gear by rolling under the car, or smashing into the trunk.
    You just saw you can high side it by improper breaking. Lost traction gets the bike sideways, then he lets the brake go, tire gains traction and then the momentum of the bike catches up with the new traction and over you go.
    This is why, in your riders safety course the instructors tell you that if you lock up the rear brake, to keep it locked up until you stop.

My technique for falling, is to not stop it with my hands, so they are tucked in a bit, but not all the way, and try to land on my shoulders back side first and then roll with it. If you're in too tight of a ball, then you will likely break something, you need to dissipate the energy by letting your muscles and joints act as shock absorbers. However, usually, it happens too fast, and the next thing you know, is you're flying through the air thinking "this isn't gonna go well"

I have. What do I win?
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazon
    N3WMAN is my ride
    2006 ZX-6R PART OUT

Quote Originally Posted by N3WMAN View Post
    I have. What do I win?
    a date with amazon, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by N3WMAN View Post
    I have. What do I win?
    Air miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Flywheel View Post

hmm.. could be at high speed I don't know but I've done lots of jumping over 6 feet and rolling along the arm seems to be the technique I was taught. But I do agree you don't want to break the fall with your arms rather let it roll up with your arm arched inwards. Than just keep rolling to dissipate all that energy lol.