The Dean Blundell Show - 102.1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Dean Blundell Show - 102.1

The Dean Blundell Show - 102.1

Remember those good ol' days when the deal blundell show, used to pitch all that vulgarity on live radio?? What happened to it? Were they cracked down on by the board-of-directors and the CRTC?

These guys used to push the vulgarity to the edge, and sometimes over it (i remember they were suspended when steve-o came live on air some years ago)... I stopped listening to dean blundell while i was in montreal (~5 years), but I tuned into the dean blundell last week and listened for a bit, eventually changing stations when they played the same crappy nostalgic songs, and new crappy tracks by crappy artists.. but I noticed one thing - the vulgarity these guys used to pitch is gone. It felt like listening to that crappy station (92.5??) with that crappy Moka and his minion of a butt buddy; just complete garbage.

Re: The Dean Blundell Show - 102.1

I got so bored of them. Their show is really repetitive. I love WHITY offensive content but they are just juvenile retards. They guy doesn't stand for anything, he's just a bully.

lol

classic dean blundell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjIyc4X-uaY

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    I got so bored of them. Their show is really repetitive. I love WHITY offensive content but they are just juvenile retards. They guy doesn't stand for anything, he's just a bully.
    I couldn't agree more. I've heard a lot of funny radio, and Dean isn't funny!

Holy crap, I thought I was in the minority but it's good to know I'm not. I STILL know a few guys that rave about the blundell show... and I hate every second of it. It's ignorant drivel and blundell is a washed up loser.

I've been a Stern fan (hate if you will, to each their own) for years and when he moved to satellite, there was no way that I was going to pay for radio. I bounced around the dial and quickly learned that there simply wasn't any good morning radio shows out there. I landed on the Blundell show and stuck it out for about a year, repetitive describes this crap perfectly, and the BS stories people call in with...anyway, I sprung for satellite radio and forget often that my vehicle was built with an AM/FM receiver.

I have a very short commute and sometimes I put on 102.1.

I wouldn't say it's hilarious, but I find it funny now and again. The 'you auto show me your boobies' routine made me laugh, and so did getting into the on-air fight with the ugly sunshine girl.

I bet if I listened every day I'd grow to hate it, but now and again it's fun.

I agree that the music on 102.1 has gone to crap. Very repetitive and formulaic, and I think I've heard Nickelback a few times???

I've been on satellite radio for years now. I turned a radio on in my house the other day and Blundell was on. Now bear in mind the last time I seriously listened Jason was still with them. And they're still spewing out the same unfunny stuff now as they were then. Now whether he's had to tone it down or if he's decided to tone it down, it's time the station had a look at their morning line up. Josie Dye(sp?) is as dull as ever and as unfunny as ever. The only guy I like is Adam. I tend to catch him on Saturdays when I'm working in the garage on my bike. And Fearless Fred is okay. Although his name is crap.
    Spineless swines. Cemented minds.

Quote Originally Posted by JZ67 View Post
    I've been a Stern fan (hate if you will, to each their own) for years and when he moved to satellite, there was no way that I was going to pay for radio. I bounced around the dial and quickly learned that there simply wasn't any good morning radio shows out there. I landed on the Blundell show and stuck it out for about a year, repetitive describes this crap perfectly, and the BS stories people call in with...anyway, I sprung for satellite radio and forget often that my vehicle was built with an AM/FM receiver.
    +1. I like listening to the talk on 640, but I'm always getting annoyed by the stupid commercials over and over again. I can't wait to buy a new deck for my truck so I can finally get an AUX in port.
    2004 Suzuki DRZ400
    1986 Honda Shadow 750 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by imnothng View Post
    +1. I like listening to the talk on 640, but I'm always getting annoyed by the stupid commercials over and over again. I can't wait to buy a new deck for my truck so I can finally get an AUX in port.
    On my Honda I bought an aftermarket adaptor thingy which allowed me to connect an ipod and Sirius. Similiar to this;

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Honda-radio-i...item5ae668bbc5
    Spineless swines. Cemented minds.

I've been a 102.1 listener since they were in Brampton braodcasting on a "barely there" signal in the mid '80s iir. Although the station is my default - I hardly stay on it since it became a top 40 format - or it feels like it has. The days of History of Rock and the Vinyl Museum were the best days...Allen Cross, the "Mars Bar", May Pauts and so on. Finding new artists before they hit it big was what they were good at. No longer. The Thursday 30 is all I can handle - but even that is repetative. Josie Dye (?) has some interesting compilations - esp when an artist selects their favourites to play. My listening is now 680 in the morning for the quick hit of news, traffic, weather, sports and business. Sunday Mornings and evenings it's CBC - cross coutry checkup, quirks and quarks etc....and 94.1 and 91.1 will have more alternative music than The Edge. Now I rely on my iPod more than ever. And that gets boring too.
    Track is my Crack - but I'm not fast - yet.
    '08 Ninja ZX-6R

Originally Posted by Bandit Bill
    Oh Sweet Jesus ... my eyes, someone stab me in the eyes to take that image away!!!!

I kind of lost interest after the grunge scene kicked in which was around the time Dani Elwell left. Humble and Fred with Dan Duran was their best morning crew imho. Good fan page here http://www.spiritofradio.ca/index.asp
    Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloX19 View Post
    They used to stream old shows from the CFNY/Spirit of Radio days on there......till Chorus brought down the hammer.
    Quote Originally Posted by turbodish View Post
    So it's ok for hooligan riders and drivers to endanger the lives of impaired drivers?
    Quote Originally Posted by turbodish View Post
    Unfortunately, since we seldom put people in jail for traffic offences

Dean Blundell is good for the first year, then you realize that you've heard everything they have and it becomes extremely repetitive.

I've never really found Dean Blundell all that funny, rather just obnoxious and immature. But I'm a nerd that listens mainly to Newstalk 1010, so I don't know what that says about my listening preferences.

The few times I do catch snippets of the show it totally sounds like he's reaching and trying too damn hard to appeal to a particular demographic, and I don't happen to fall into it.
    2008 HD Sportster XL1200L
    2006 Ninja 650R
    1982 Honda CB125S
    2000 Suzuki GZ250
    2001 Tomos Targa

Opie and Anthony ftw!
    Peeing in the gene pool...

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    I have a feeling she might gut me while I sleep and make love to my organs in a bathtub
    DISCLAIMER: This forum requires thick skin. I will not be held accountable for your inability to take internet sarcasm, but I might be held accountable for your mom walking bow legged this morning...

Quote Originally Posted by funrider View Post
    I've been a 102.1 listener since they were in Brampton braodcasting on a "barely there" signal in the mid '80s iir. Although the station is my default - I hardly stay on it since it became a top 40 format - or it feels like it has. The days of History of Rock and the Vinyl Museum were the best days...Allen Cross, the "Mars Bar", May Pauts and so on. Finding new artists before they hit it big was what they were good at. No longer. The Thursday 30 is all I can handle - but even that is repetative. Josie Dye (?) has some interesting compilations - esp when an artist selects their favourites to play. My listening is now 680 in the morning for the quick hit of news, traffic, weather, sports and business. Sunday Mornings and evenings it's CBC - cross coutry checkup, quirks and quarks etc....and 94.1 and 91.1 will have more alternative music than The Edge. Now I rely on my iPod more than ever. And that gets boring too.
    Yup, the days in the old yellow farmhouse, before they moved into the space under that club on Kennedy (name escapes me at the moment; Starz?), were the best. Pete & Geets destroying records, on-air? Excellent. Winning $102.10 if you heard the same song played in a 24 hour period? Golden. I got so tired of the recent mainstreaming changes that I gave up and went over to talk radio, about 5 years back.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by short stop View Post
    ...listens mainly to Newstalk 1010...
    I do too. It's my preferred radio in the morning. Jazz FM 91.1 on the way home.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    Yup, the days in the old yellow farmhouse, before they moved into the space under that club on Kennedy (name escapes me at the moment; Starz?), were the best. Pete & Geets destroying records, on-air? Excellent. Winning $102.10 if you heard the same song played in a 24 hour period? Golden. I got so tired of the recent mainstreaming changes that I gave up and went over to talk radio, about 5 years back.
    Wow - yes, remember all of that. Corus would go broke with the $102.10 prize for hearing the same song in 24 hours.
    Track is my Crack - but I'm not fast - yet.
    '08 Ninja ZX-6R

Originally Posted by Bandit Bill
    Oh Sweet Jesus ... my eyes, someone stab me in the eyes to take that image away!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by funrider View Post
    Wow - yes, remember all of that. Corus would go broke with the $102.10 prize for hearing the same song in 24 hours.
    I was in the old farmhouse a couple of times, as a kid, to pick up prizes that I had won from CHIC (when they were talk, not "Seven-Nine-Oh-Disco" ).
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde