Cross Border Shopping

Thread: Cross Border Shopping

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cross Border Shopping

Quote Originally Posted by SXE MX6 View Post
    Bob Weaver Motorsports has some gear. Nice clean friendly dealership, and it only about 15 minutes from Niagara Falls.
    Thank you, I'll check them out.

I have gone over more than 20 times. I had to pay one time because i was an idiot and when he asked me if i had any alcohol in the car i hesitated and then gave him the receipt without him asking. Normally i go for the day and bring back over $3-500 for 2 people and they don't usually care. I have also been waved through without them seeing my passports.
    2012 Ducati Monster 696

We cross-border shop quite a bit and will stay over for two nights. That way we treat it as a mini-vacation and can legally bring back $800.00 between the two of us. After June 1st, the total will be doubled; I think we will need to make a trip later in the summer.

The trick is to plan a two-day trip for pleasure that will give you an excuse to go and stay the two days so that you can bring back the max limit. Early last June a few of us rode down to Lake George NY and then took a day ride into Vermont. We paid just $65 a night for the hotel, split between two guys per room, so our costs were very reasonable. If you are looking for a reason to spend a few days in the US, let me tell you the roads around Lake George are fantastic. However, you might want to avoid Americade week because the hotels are completely booked.

ALWAYS declare everything you bring back. If you are caught lying they have the authority to confiscate everything you have, up to and including the vehicle which is being used to bring in the goods. In addition, you will be red flagged and that could come back to bite you next time you cross the border in either direction.

Malks
    1997 ST1100