Its been 1 year since the accident, court update. - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Its been 1 year since the accident, court update.

Re: Its been 1 year since the accident, court update.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahulk View Post
    The comments by a few members clearly show the immaturity and how much of a dumb*** they are. Remember this when you have someone has experience either being raped or diagnosed with cancer.
    Who cares what it means personally to each and every human being who's "been through that"? It's just venting and giving karma a small shove. If it works (and she gets run over by a bus), great. If not, *shrugs shoulder*.

MAJOR Crap happens to everyone (and believe me, I've had my fair share of it). People get major illnesses, get raped and/or die gruesome deaths everyday. Think of Tori Stafford and how unlucky she was. But at the end of the day, it's "oh well". It's just a numbers game when there's 7 billion people on this planet. Anyways, it's not like the guy is wishing it on your family members. No need to take other people's frustration so personally.
    Last edited by kamikaze; 05-04-2012 at 06:03 PM. Reason: cleanup
    2006 Yamaha R6 Blue
    Hyperpro RSC Steering Damper (Blue), Motovation Bar Ends and No-cut Frame Sliders, Swingarm Slider/Spools, Custom Dynamics Integrated LED Tail Light, Flush Mount Front and Rear Turn Signals, Yamaha Passenger Seat Cowl, Scorpio i-900 alarm, Boxer 5108 disk lock with alarm.

Its not like the girl in the car was like "oh look a motorcycle, i'm going to hit it", it was an accident, likely caused by a lack of ability, knowledge and skill.

What you should wish upon her is that she never drive again. One day, you may make an error for reasons unknown and cause someone pain, would you feel that you deserve death or "rape"?

Come on grow up, mistakes happen, if that was your sister or mother that made that error i doubt you would be singing the same tune...

Quote Originally Posted by FitzR6 View Post
    For me this seems fair cause the driver did make a stupid thing pulling out in front of you like that but that does not mean it was criminal
    yeah? fair eh? can i pay you $60 and run you over? lol jk

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer6 View Post
    Its not like the girl in the car was like "oh look a motorcycle, i'm going to hit it", it was an accident, likely caused by a lack of ability, knowledge and skill.
    same with that rich kid that wrapped his daddy's range rover around a pole, killing the passenger isn't it? it's not like he said to himself "oh look, im going to get drunk, drive into a pole and kill my buddy" it was an accident.

why shouldn't the rich kid get a $60 ticket and call it a day?

Come on grow up, mistakes happen, if that was your sister or mother that made that error i doubt you would be singing the same tune...
    come on grow up, mistakes happen, if that was your sister that got run over because of someone else's mistake, i doubt you would be singing the same tune...
    Last edited by SkyRider; 05-03-2012 at 11:25 PM.

how is it that kid who took off when his buddy smashed into the bus on Mississauga road gets a criminal negligence causing death charge (because they were ALLEGEDLY racing??) yet if a driver makes an improper turn and smokes a rider who subsequently dies, its still just a regular ol traffic ticket?

Whats the difference?
    "So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life." - Office Space

What you should wish upon her is that she never drive again. One day, you may make an error for reasons unknown and cause someone pain, would you feel that you deserve death or "rape"?

Very well said, and to the op I hope you sue(d) for paint and suffering. I hope you made a full recovery, you are very lucky to have lived through that.
    "Be good or be good at it"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2011 Triumph Daytona 675SE - Current
    2005 Suzuki SV650S - 20,000km - SOLD
    2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - 8,000km - SOLD

I have absolutely no tolerance for incompetence. Malice is one thing, but incompetence is so much worse. She clearly cannot safely operate a vehicle and should accept that.

Quote Originally Posted by EngineerJoe View Post
    I have absolutely no tolerance for incompetence. Malice is one thing, but incompetence is so much worse. She clearly cannot safely operate a vehicle and should accept that.

unfortunately the distinction between those two terms means EVERYTHING in the court of law
    "So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life." - Office Space

I see lots of incompetence and ignorance in this thread. I don't see why the reasonable people should put up with that either.
    This post does not provide any legal advice and readers should consult with their own lawyer for legal advice.

I do not condone her actions nor do i think that her punishment fit her "crime", all i'm saying is that wishing cancer and rape upon people is wrong, just wrong. I do however hope she never drives again and that the OP sues her.

It is unbelievable that you are defending the comments of 油井緋色 as he is clearly immature and clueless

Quote Originally Posted by OpenGambit View Post
    I see lots of incompetence and ignorance in this thread. I don't see why the reasonable people should put up with that either.
    Pretty sure you have a choice to click on these threads, and to read certain posts. Victims who have been injured in a MVA due to someone else's incompetence - no choice. Surely someone as all-knowing, wise, and professional as you can see the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by dcx135 View Post
    Agree with the sentiment.

Who cares what it means personally to each and every human being who's "been through that"? It's just venting and giving karma a small shove. If it works (and she gets run over by a bus), great. If not, *shrugs shoulder*.

MAJOR Crap happens to everyone (and believe me, I've had my fair share of it). People get major illnesses, get raped and/or die gruesome deaths everyday. Think of Tori Stafford and how unlucky she was. But at the end of the day, it's "oh well". It's just a numbers game when there's 7 billion people on this planet. Anyways, it's not like the guy is wishing it on your family members. No need to take other people's frustration so personally.
    Wishing rape and cancer on anyone I guess is acceptable by you. By the way freedom of speech allows people to express their ideas and also at the same time not harm anyone. The comments posted is has no place in a forum especially when it treat rape and cancer as something not serious regardless if it was directed to my family personally. By trying to justify the comments by stating that it was not directed to my family is no excuse and I am appalled that you would try and justify these posting as freedom of expression unbelievable.

did not wanna involve but dcx135,
    yup i doubt anyone would link it back.. bla bla.....but its not about that...its about THE FACT that you would actually agree to or wish such a thing upon sum1..and to you its noting more than a fun little past time! jus goes to show who u are..now thats effed up and disturbing. grow up!

who knowz..maybe the person who hit the op doesnt sleep at night

OP the driver obviously made a mistake and thats why its an accident...forgive her. Blame the system!

in all reality..OP hope you are doing well and i really hope the driver gets hit with a high premium where she would consider twice about driving..now that should teach her a lesson!

Ride safe all

Thanks for all your support guys, I really appreciate it. Engineer Joe hit it right on the head as she clearly cannot operate a motor vehicle properly.

She stated in front of the judge that " I pulled out of the strip mall on the right and waited on the yellow line to merge. There were one or two cars and I couldn't get into the eastbound traffic." This is such a lie as the traffic eastbound was heavy and, there is no merge lane!! heh. Secondly what irritates me as she stated that If I wasn't going "so fast" I would have been able to make it around her into the other lane. I find it highly unlikely that you can easily predict someones speed accurately looking at them head on. (I was actually going the speed limit of 60km/hr.) This is where the judge actually chuckled and said, regardless even if he was going fast you shouldn't have made the turn.

Clearly from the photos guys you can see she basically came to a standstill in my lane. Its my understanding that you should not enter an intersection unless its clear to pass.

The thing that really bothered me is she actually was laughing and joking about it to other people that were sitting in the courtroom stating that, I must have been going fast as when my bike hit the car, I flew off the bike. OBVIOUSLY YOU DUMB *****!! Your in a car!

Now, I don't wish any harm on anyone but clearly this person does not get it. I actually retained a lawyer about 2 weeks after the fact and YES, her insurance has been paying for my rehabilitation ever since and I have plenty left to go, and I intend to keep going. My lawyer was quite pleased at the outcome today and due to the lack of remorse, I am suing her.

My injuries are going to be with me for life. I have lost about 15 degrees of flexibility in my left hand, my shoulder clicks constantly with some pain and I have some scar tissue in my lower back. The Shoulder can be worked on as well as the lower back but the hand is for life. I train my hands 4 times a week and my grip strength is quite high.

At the end of the day, I can still squeeze the clutch lever

live to ride another day!

hope you have a speedy recovery and recover most of that remaining flexibility man!

yea i agree you should sue her pants off for that, espeically after reading that she was joking about it with others in the court room.....SERIOUSLY? ***** you almost killed someone and your joking about it? she deserves to have her insurance jacked up to 15k a year + gettin sued so she's so broke she cant even afford even the most basic of insurance!
    2004 Blue GSXR 600 (current)
    2010 red ninja 250r (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by ANDRASTA View Post
    My injuries are going to be with me for life. I have lost about 15 degrees of flexibility in my left hand, my shoulder clicks constantly with some pain and I have some scar tissue in my lower back. The Shoulder can be worked on as well as the lower back but the hand is for life. I train my hands 4 times a week and my grip strength is quite high.

At the end of the day, I can still squeeze the clutch lever
    The likelihood of you developing arthritis now is quite high - similiar incident happened to me and as a result of it I have zero cartillage in my shoulder and doing something I used to love most (weight training) brings me AGONY. Due to bad legal advice and simple ignorance, I never pursued the matter legally, and have to live with the consequences (every waking moment of my life is punctuated with shoulder pain that stems back to the accident)

Take her and her insurance company for all their worth

Best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by stevex View Post
    The likelihood of you developing arthritis now is quite high - similiar incident happened to me and as a result of it I have zero cartillage in my shoulder and doing something I used to love most (weight training) brings me AGONY. Due to bad legal advice and simple ignorance, I never pursued the matter legally, and have to live with the consequences (every waking moment of my life is punctuated with shoulder pain that stems back to the accident)

Take her and her insurance company for all their worth

Best of luck
    Thanks,

Yeah I had been lifting weights for about 10 years up to that point. Mostly strength/powerlifting so Im not sure how I will be next month back at the gym , which will be my first time back at it again. Hopefully put up some decent #'s as a baseline.

The shoulder is a rotor cuff, I can work on that. Scar tissue in the lower back is coming out as I can feel it get less and less every week and my mobility is going up.

I can already feel some effects of arthritis in my left hand,its very strange. I'm sorry to hear about the shoulder, Im sure your heavy on the painkillers sometimes. At least we can still ride right?? I don't know what I would do if I couldn't.

Thanks for all your support guys, I really appreciate it. Engineer Joe hit it right on the head as she clearly cannot operate a motor vehicle properly.
    Wow. I really hope you're successful in your lawsuit, I don't know if there's much that makes me angrier than people who are plain wrong but smug about it. I wonder what your injuries would have been like without the weight training.
    1996 Kawasaki ZX11D - "When I'm on the road, I'm indestructible. No one can stop me ... but they try."

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedKestrel View Post
    Wow. I really hope you're successful in your lawsuit, I don't know if there's much that makes me angrier than people who are plain wrong but smug about it. I wonder what your injuries would have been like without the weight training.
    I had 3 different medical professionals (ER nurse, doctor, chiro) all tell me the reason I wasn't far more severely hurt was because I was basically a ball of muscle..natural body armour as my chiro put it

, Im sure your heavy on the painkillers sometimes. At least we can still ride right?? I don't know what I would do if I couldn't.
    Big time. You'll probably find certain exercises are just more pain than they're worth. If you're anything like me, you'll eventually find a routine that you can "tolerate" but my days of going super heavy or trying to shatter max #s are just gone gone gone. Its a tad depressing.... every medical expert/rational human just tells me to give up weight training but anyone who has put as much blood sweat and tears into the gym as I understands its just not a switch you flip on and off.

My shoulder work outs are god awful, any exercise that has my arm lifted above my shoulder is completely out.... hell pretty much any movement that involves my left arm has varying degrees of pain. I tried for as long as I could to avoid the painkiller/anti-inflammatory route but I reached a point where it was just too much.

Even riding is starting to get affected by how bad my shoulder will ache some times... but I'd lose my left arm completely before I ever gave up 2 wheels.

However, on the bright side, all I need to do is a rotation of my arm and resulting cracking/grinding/crunching noises my shoulder capsule makes sends my gf scurrying to other side of the room at lightning speeds when she's bugging me