just reading what you posted below makes me irate. Argh stupid girl want to punch her or something something. My neighbours and co-workers always say I go fast when they see me on my bike and I ride well at the speed limit. People just can't judge speed.

Most times cars will just stop because they respect the riders but this lady purposely cut you off in the hopes you go around her like most people in Brampton do when they exit out a plaza thinking you'll just switch lanes and go around them. That's not how it works in this country! argh hate cagers with this mentality that it's the other persons fault for not avoiding their stupidity. They will just never learn until they get put in prison.

Don't know if it was mentioned in previous posts but did this lady driver offer to help you while you were lying down? Did she ever apologize on that day of the accident?

I hope you sue her until she's got nothing left. And looks like your road to recovery is looking positive. Wish you speedy health!

Quote Originally Posted by ANDRASTA View Post
Thanks for all your support guys, I really appreciate it. Engineer Joe hit it right on the head as she clearly cannot operate a motor vehicle properly.

She stated in front of the judge that " I pulled out of the strip mall on the right and waited on the yellow line to merge. There were one or two cars and I couldn't get into the eastbound traffic." This is such a lie as the traffic eastbound was heavy and, there is no merge lane!! heh. Secondly what irritates me as she stated that If I wasn't going "so fast" I would have been able to make it around her into the other lane. I find it highly unlikely that you can easily predict someones speed accurately looking at them head on. (I was actually going the speed limit of 60km/hr.) This is where the judge actually chuckled and said, regardless even if he was going fast you shouldn't have made the turn.

Clearly from the photos guys you can see she basically came to a standstill in my lane. Its my understanding that you should not enter an intersection unless its clear to pass.

The thing that really bothered me is she actually was laughing and joking about it to other people that were sitting in the courtroom stating that, I must have been going fast as when my bike hit the car, I flew off the bike. OBVIOUSLY YOU DUMB *****!! Your in a car!

Now, I don't wish any harm on anyone but clearly this person does not get it. I actually retained a lawyer about 2 weeks after the fact and YES, her insurance has been paying for my rehabilitation ever since and I have plenty left to go, and I intend to keep going. My lawyer was quite pleased at the outcome today and due to the lack of remorse, I am suing her.

My injuries are going to be with me for life. I have lost about 15 degrees of flexibility in my left hand, my shoulder clicks constantly with some pain and I have some scar tissue in my lower back. The Shoulder can be worked on as well as the lower back but the hand is for life. I train my hands 4 times a week and my grip strength is quite high.

At the end of the day, I can still squeeze the clutch lever