Its been 1 year since the accident, court update.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Its been 1 year since the accident, court update.

Its been 1 year since the accident, court update.

Some of you might remember the thread when I was involved in a collision. Here is the original thread with pics etc. http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...nt-Photo-heavy

At the time of the accident they charged her with "Turn Not In Safety" and "failure to produce insurance card".

Well had court today. She produced the insurance card and the fine for turn unsafely: lowered to $60. Lovely.

Re: Its been 1 year since the accident, court update.

Karma will catch up to them.

How's the recovery coming? back to 100% or close to it?

Glad you made it out alive and here to tell us about it.
    It's the Least I Could Do

This motorcycle is simply too goddamn fast to ride at speed in any kind of normal road traffic unless you're ready to go straight down the centerline with your nuts on fire and a silent scream in your throat.

Hopefully the karma for that person is in HIGH insurance premiums!

Hope your recovery has been ok

Quote Originally Posted by ANDRASTA View Post
    Well had court today. She produced the insurance card and the fine for turn unsafely: lowered to $60. Lovely.
    What's even more depressing is had she killed you the fine would only be $100 more.

Were you able to make any comment at all to the JP? $60 fine to the ministry for a careless mistake that caused bodily injury and could have caused death?

Edit: BTW, I remember that accident (remember the thread)... I hope you made a fully recovery.

To be fair, every single person here that doesn't have a valid insurance slip is advised to just show up and produce it to the prosecutor to get it tossed. Unsafe turn..well..it is what it is..unless they up the charge to something meaningful. Sorry about your luck, that sucks.
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

That is some scary shiesse.

So, is this type of incident inevitable? Like dropping your bike? Seems like the only way to avoid this is to slow right down and make sure the car sees you fully (while making sure there's no cars behind you)
    Eat up Martha.

wth? That's brutal. Hope that you have come along strong with your recovery and that you are doing well now

What did you replace the 1100 with? I hope you took every day off you were entitled to!

This makes me angry.

ANDRASTA - If you aren't satisfied with the finding or fine have you considered civil court action?
    Last edited by kamikaze; 05-04-2012 at 06:01 PM.

OP did you sue her for money? if not, wtf why???

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer6 View Post
    ^^^That is just ridiculous, insensitive and immature^^^

ANDRASTA - If you aren't satisfied with the finding or fine have you considered civil court action?
    I'd wish much worse if it was me who almost got killed...
    all my posts are serious; internet is serious business

I've learnt the only way to win with the system we have is to F*** the system - meaning you have to play up every single injury and milk it for every penny AND take them to court over pain/suffering/lost wages/etc. Its a total shame that our laws turn innocent victims into insurance fraudsters but it is what it is. A $100 dollar traffic ticket and bumped up premiums is NOT a suitable punishment for almost killing someone and severely injuring/affecting their quality of life.
    "So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life." - Office Space

Quote Originally Posted by stevex View Post
    I've learnt the only way to win with the system we have is to F*** the system - meaning you have to play up every single injury and milk it for every penny AND take them to court over pain/suffering/lost wages/etc. Its a total shame that our laws turn innocent victims into insurance fraudsters but it is what it is. A $100 dollar traffic ticket and bumped up premiums is NOT a suitable punishment for almost killing someone and severely injuring/affecting their quality of life.

because defrauding your insuance company will make the other person suffer more....
    This post does not provide any legal advice and readers should consult with their own lawyer for legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by OpenGambit View Post
    because defrauding your insuance company will make the other person suffer more....
    As is my understanding, when 100% fault is assessed to the other party, your insurance obviously covers all your related expenses, meidcal, rehab, etc etc etc but then down the road they take the offending parties company to task for all expenses, which then trickles down to them in the form of hiked rates/cancelled policy
    "So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life." - Office Space

Quote Originally Posted by stevex View Post
    As is my understanding, when 100% fault is assessed to the other party, your insurance obviously covers all your related expenses, meidcal, rehab, etc etc etc but then down the road they take the offending parties company to task for all expenses, which then trickles down to them in the form of hiked rates/cancelled policy
    No.

You are just using a completely ficitious reason to recommend / justify criminality.
    This post does not provide any legal advice and readers should consult with their own lawyer for legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyRider View Post
    u wont say that if you were the one who got "left turn caged"
    After seeing my mom die of cancer last year I would not wish this on anyone regardless of what was done. The comments by a few members clearly show the immaturity and how much of a dumb*** they are. Remember this when you have someone has experience either being raped or diagnosed with cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahulk View Post
    After seeing my mom die of cancer last year I would not wish this on anyone regardless of what was done. The comments by a few members clearly show the immaturity and how much of a dumb*** they are. Remember this when you have someone has experience either being raped or diagnosed with cancer.
    your mom wasn't the one who almost killed OP. Remember this when you have someone important to you who experience being almost dead because of someone else who can't drive, then in court just gets a slap on the wrist

if while your mom was still alive in the hospital and a nurse makes a mistake that caused her bodily harm or death, is a $100 fine be enough as punishment?

next time you call someone a dumbass make sure to include yourself.
    Last edited by SkyRider; 05-03-2012 at 10:56 PM.

Hey man, the criminal outcome to this may not be as severe as you would of wanted it to be but provided you had insurance coverage, you can sue for your pain and suffering. For me this seems fair cause the driver did make a stupid thing pulling out in front of you like that but that does not mean it was criminal. Hit em' where it really hurts, the wallet!!