Its been 1 year since the accident, court update.

Thread: Its been 1 year since the accident, court update.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Its been 1 year since the accident, court update.

Some of you might remember the thread when I was involved in a collision. Here is the original thread with pics etc. http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...nt-Photo-heavy

At the time of the accident they charged her with "Turn Not In Safety" and "failure to produce insurance card".

Well had court today. She produced the insurance card and the fine for turn unsafely: lowered to $60. Lovely.

Re: Its been 1 year since the accident, court update.

Karma will catch up to them.

How's the recovery coming? back to 100% or close to it?

Glad you made it out alive and here to tell us about it.
    It's the Least I Could Do

This motorcycle is simply too goddamn fast to ride at speed in any kind of normal road traffic unless you're ready to go straight down the centerline with your nuts on fire and a silent scream in your throat.

Hopefully the karma for that person is in HIGH insurance premiums!

Hope your recovery has been ok

Quote Originally Posted by ANDRASTA View Post
    Well had court today. She produced the insurance card and the fine for turn unsafely: lowered to $60. Lovely.
    What's even more depressing is had she killed you the fine would only be $100 more.

Were you able to make any comment at all to the JP? $60 fine to the ministry for a careless mistake that caused bodily injury and could have caused death?

Edit: BTW, I remember that accident (remember the thread)... I hope you made a fully recovery.

To be fair, every single person here that doesn't have a valid insurance slip is advised to just show up and produce it to the prosecutor to get it tossed. Unsafe turn..well..it is what it is..unless they up the charge to something meaningful. Sorry about your luck, that sucks.
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

That is some scary shiesse.

So, is this type of incident inevitable? Like dropping your bike? Seems like the only way to avoid this is to slow right down and make sure the car sees you fully (while making sure there's no cars behind you)
    Eat up Martha.

wth? That's brutal. Hope that you have come along strong with your recovery and that you are doing well now

Quote Originally Posted by ANDRASTA View Post
    Thanks for all your support guys, I really appreciate it. Engineer Joe hit it right on the head as she clearly cannot operate a motor vehicle properly.

She stated in front of the judge that " I pulled out of the strip mall on the right and waited on the yellow line to merge. There were one or two cars and I couldn't get into the eastbound traffic." This is such a lie as the traffic eastbound was heavy and, there is no merge lane!! heh. Secondly what irritates me as she stated that If I wasn't going "so fast" I would have been able to make it around her into the other lane. I find it highly unlikely that you can easily predict someones speed accurately looking at them head on. (I was actually going the speed limit of 60km/hr.) This is where the judge actually chuckled and said, regardless even if he was going fast you shouldn't have made the turn.

Clearly from the photos guys you can see she basically came to a standstill in my lane. Its my understanding that you should not enter an intersection unless its clear to pass.

The thing that really bothered me is she actually was laughing and joking about it to other people that were sitting in the courtroom stating that, I must have been going fast as when my bike hit the car, I flew off the bike. OBVIOUSLY YOU DUMB *****!! Your in a car!

Now, I don't wish any harm on anyone but clearly this person does not get it. I actually retained a lawyer about 2 weeks after the fact and YES, her insurance has been paying for my rehabilitation ever since and I have plenty left to go, and I intend to keep going. My lawyer was quite pleased at the outcome today and due to the lack of remorse, I am suing her.

My injuries are going to be with me for life. I have lost about 15 degrees of flexibility in my left hand, my shoulder clicks constantly with some pain and I have some scar tissue in my lower back. The Shoulder can be worked on as well as the lower back but the hand is for life. I train my hands 4 times a week and my grip strength is quite high.

At the end of the day, I can still squeeze the clutch lever
    After this post, I can definitely say I'd wish the absolute worst that life could bring to this c***.
    all my posts are serious; internet is serious business