Ticket color

Thread: Ticket color

Ticket color

Hey, just curious, i got a ticket for 43 over which is still a minor i believe but it is green vs all the other tickets i got which were yellow and a buddy of mine also got a ticket a couple days ago and it was yellow as well, just wondering what the green color means, if it is a f up and i can use that to fight it?

Re: Ticket color

Quote Originally Posted by ts87 View Post
    Hey, just curious, i got a ticket for 43 over which is still a minor i believe but it is green vs all the other tickets i got which were yellow and a buddy of mine also got a ticket a couple days ago and it was yellow as well, just wondering what the green color means, if it is a f up and i can use that to fight it?
    Not sure about the colours but I believe anything 30km/hr and over is a major ticket to insurance companies.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

Regardless fight it 43 over is high, I mean 50 and they impound your ride I guess its minor compared.
    Bike: 1994 Kawasaki Ninja 250
    Cage: 2002 Supercharged SVT Focus

Maybe they're taking the whole "going green" thing literally?
    Ecto • 2006 Honda VeeFourRoad 800A (Pearl Black)
    I'm too sexy for my turban.

Quote Originally Posted by ts87 View Post
    What police force?
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by jeffjones View Post
    Not sure about the colours but I believe anything 30km/hr and over is a major ticket to insurance companies.
    I believe it depends on the insurance company but my understanding was that it's generally 49km/h and under that is considered minor.
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

Quote Originally Posted by invictus43 View Post
    I believe it depends on the insurance company but my understanding was that it's generally 49km/h and under that is considered minor.
    Not sure on the authenticity of this site but:

"0 – 15 km/hr over = 0 points (minor infraction)
    16 – 29km/hr over = 3 points (minor infraction)
    30 – 49 km/hr over = 4 points (major infraction)
    50+ km/hr over = 6 points + 30 day license
    50+km/hr over (Stunt Driving/Speed Racing) = 6 points + immediate 7 day licence suspension and car impoundment + up to 2 year additional licence suspension upon conviction."

http://speedingontario.com/penalties.php
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

Not sure on the authenticity of this site but:

"0 – 15 km/hr over = 0 points (minor infraction)
    16 – 29km/hr over = 3 points (minor infraction)
    30 – 49 km/hr over = 4 points (major infraction)
    50+ km/hr over = 6 points + 30 day license
    50+km/hr over (Stunt Driving/Speed Racing) = 6 points + immediate 7 day licence suspension and car impoundment + up to 2 year additional licence suspension upon conviction."

http://speedingontario.com/penalties.php
    I only say 49km/h and under because someone..ahem..got a ticket knocked down to 49km/h and his insurance advised him that's considered a minor to them.
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

Quote Originally Posted by invictus43 View Post
    I only say 49km/h and under because someone..ahem..got a ticket knocked down to 49km/h and his insurance advised him that's considered a minor to them.
    Well I was just going off what I remembered in the G1 book (15 years ago) lol, So I guess if "someone" has been through it, they probably know more then I do
    2001 CBR F4i

Well I was just going off what I remembered in
    the G1 book (15 years ago) lol, So I guess if "someone" has been through it, they probably know more then I do
    I vaguely recall seeing 49 km/h as the threshold as well. I don't know if that changes from company to company. But I believe the "major/minor" description in the handbook is based on how it affects your driver's license (demerits, suspensions, etc) and not your insurance rate?

Tickets are now green. The difference being the options on the back. Option 2; "Guilty with an explanation (which I've never understood) is now replaced with an option to seek resolution with the Crown.
    2008 SuperDuke (current)
    2003 WR450F / SM (current)
    2005 DRZ400SM
    2003 XR50R (current, son's)
    1997 TL1000S
    1999 SV650S
    1985 GS750EF
    1983 GPz750
    1982 Nighthawk 650

Quote Originally Posted by AF4iK View Post
    I vaguely recall seeing 49 km/h as the threshold as well.
    It depends on the insurance company. Most are 49 and over = major, some are 45 and over = major.

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

I heard that one or two companies rate 30+ as "major" but generally speaking, 43 is safe. Double-check with your insurer (anonymously, from a payphone)
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Thanks for all the replies guys, ya my insurance company considers 45 and under minor, my 3rd 40 over ticket, getting caught going faster and faster doh just curious why it was green in color, but i guess as mentioned prior, its just the new set of tickets. Off to the courthouse i go

I just got a green ticket too!
    And I was like WTF?

But didn't say anything to the cop... good to know I am not the only one
    Security transcends technology