Ticket color

Thread: Ticket color

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ticket color

Hey, just curious, i got a ticket for 43 over which is still a minor i believe but it is green vs all the other tickets i got which were yellow and a buddy of mine also got a ticket a couple days ago and it was yellow as well, just wondering what the green color means, if it is a f up and i can use that to fight it?

Re: Ticket color

Quote Originally Posted by ts87 View Post
    Hey, just curious, i got a ticket for 43 over which is still a minor i believe but it is green vs all the other tickets i got which were yellow and a buddy of mine also got a ticket a couple days ago and it was yellow as well, just wondering what the green color means, if it is a f up and i can use that to fight it?
    Not sure about the colours but I believe anything 30km/hr and over is a major ticket to insurance companies.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

Regardless fight it 43 over is high, I mean 50 and they impound your ride I guess its minor compared.
    Bike: 1994 Kawasaki Ninja 250
    Cage: 2002 Supercharged SVT Focus

Maybe they're taking the whole "going green" thing literally?
    Ecto • 2006 Honda VeeFourRoad 800A (Pearl Black)
    I'm too sexy for my turban.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffjones View Post
    Not sure about the colours but I believe anything 30km/hr and over is a major ticket to insurance companies.
    I believe it depends on the insurance company but my understanding was that it's generally 49km/h and under that is considered minor.
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

Quote Originally Posted by invictus43 View Post
    I believe it depends on the insurance company but my understanding was that it's generally 49km/h and under that is considered minor.
    Not sure on the authenticity of this site but:

"0 – 15 km/hr over = 0 points (minor infraction)
    16 – 29km/hr over = 3 points (minor infraction)
    30 – 49 km/hr over = 4 points (major infraction)
    50+ km/hr over = 6 points + 30 day license
    50+km/hr over (Stunt Driving/Speed Racing) = 6 points + immediate 7 day licence suspension and car impoundment + up to 2 year additional licence suspension upon conviction."

http://speedingontario.com/penalties.php
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

Quote Originally Posted by jeffjones View Post
    Not sure on the authenticity of this site but:

"0 – 15 km/hr over = 0 points (minor infraction)
    16 – 29km/hr over = 3 points (minor infraction)
    30 – 49 km/hr over = 4 points (major infraction)
    50+ km/hr over = 6 points + 30 day license
    50+km/hr over (Stunt Driving/Speed Racing) = 6 points + immediate 7 day licence suspension and car impoundment + up to 2 year additional licence suspension upon conviction."

http://speedingontario.com/penalties.php
    I only say 49km/h and under because someone..ahem..got a ticket knocked down to 49km/h and his insurance advised him that's considered a minor to them.
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

Quote Originally Posted by invictus43 View Post
    I only say 49km/h and under because someone..ahem..got a ticket knocked down to 49km/h and his insurance advised him that's considered a minor to them.
    Well I was just going off what I remembered in the G1 book (15 years ago) lol, So I guess if "someone" has been through it, they probably know more then I do
    2001 CBR F4i

Quote Originally Posted by ts87 View Post
    What police force?
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde