Shipping form US to US "Terminal" Question for pick-up at terminal

Thread: Shipping form US to US "Terminal" Question for pick-up at terminal

Shipping form US to US "Terminal" Question for pick-up at terminal

I have some parts I want to buy (private sale, large box -24X24X48-about 75 lbs). Shipping from the seller (Indiana) to Toronto is $250 (parts are $125!).

Looking at fedex and possibly greyhound. If we ship from Indiana to Niagara Falls NY the shipping is only around $80. Now my question, has anyone tried to ship to terminal pickup? I know greyhound only ships terminal to terminal but they are not clear if they will do this for a Canadian to pick-up at a US terminal.

No idea on fedex.

The catch is I do not have a contact (friend) to ship to on the US side. I do not have one of those fancy PO box deals and I do not expect to be doing this often enough to justify one. Driving to Indiana is 8 hours each way...

Re: Shipping form US to US "Terminal" Question for pick-up at terminal

Quote Originally Posted by backmarkerducati View Post
    I have some parts I want to buy (private sale, large box -24X24X48-about 75 lbs). Shipping from the seller (Indiana) to Toronto is $250 (parts are $125!).

Looking at fedex and possibly greyhound. If we ship from Indiana to Niagara Falls NY the shipping is only around $80. Now my question, has anyone tried to ship to terminal pickup? I know greyhound only ships terminal to terminal but they are not clear if they will do this for a Canadian to pick-up at a US terminal.

No idea on fedex.

The catch is I do not have a contact (friend) to ship to on the US side. I do not have one of those fancy PO box deals and I do not expect to be doing this often enough to justify one. Driving to Indiana is 8 hours each way...

just ship it for 80 to Niagara, pay your 5.95 and voila

"Rides are simple, we all leave together we all go home together."

+1
    http://www.cbiusa.com

Best option. Been using them for over 5 yrs.

Looks like fedex offers "ship to location" (location being fedex location) which is exactly what I am looking for (and it is free!). I am doing a little more research before I give it a try, has anyone done the fedex one specifically?

I like free...

Haven't done fedex, but got several parcels via www.usaddressinc.com . $5 bucks and they will hold it for you for two weeks.