What do you think? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you think?

Re: What do you think?

I don't care how driven someone is, the ascension to the levels she attained from working at a sports club, to managing multi-million dollar contracts is WAAAAAAY to short. If she was so business savvy to begin with, she wouldn't be working at a sports club/teaching whatever-the-****.

Rose too much too quickly and listening to her speak, doesn't seem to have the confidence someone in her positions should have, from a business perspective.
    It's the Least I Could Do

This motorcycle is simply too goddamn fast to ride at speed in any kind of normal road traffic unless you're ready to go straight down the centerline with your nuts on fire and a silent scream in your throat.

Nepotism.. (hiring friends or family) its not a new thing. Its been around for thousands of years. It sucks, because other more qualified people won't get that chance.

__________________________________________________ ____________________
    2007 Kawasaki ZX6R
    with a Two Bros Exhaust, X-TRE
    2010 GSXR-1000 (SOLD)
    2007 GSXR-600 (SOLD)

"I hate when people fight over the internet... OOO whatcha going to do, caps lock me to death..."

Quote Originally Posted by killerkeith View Post
    ...f her advancement required further education, hire someone who already has that education/experience. ...
    A profitable company would have banked that money and hired someone qualified,...
    I totally agree with your first comment, it makes sense!

But the second line there is not true at all. I'm in school right now for one of these BS degrees, and 75% of the people in my class are there on their company's dime. The thinking is that if the company invests in this person, they will have someone qualified from an education AND an experience perspective (in that the person requires no internal training, etc.).

Just to be clear; I'm not a fan of this lady's story, but I bet is so common that it doesn't matter, and truthfully I think people are hatin' on the bish a bit too much. There are FAR worse things our government is doing, financially, than "squandering" $90k (which is peanuts in terms of government spending) on a girl who was qualified enough to get hired, and successfully complete the education, proving that she's not just a dumb twat.

She's only an idiot for letting people find out about her personal affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kri$han View Post
    I totally agree with your first comment, it makes sense!

But the second line there is not true at all. I'm in school right now for one of these BS degrees, and 75% of the people in my class are there on their company's dime. The thinking is that if the company invests in this person, they will have someone qualified from an education AND an experience perspective (in that the person requires no internal training, etc.).

Just to be clear; I'm not a fan of this lady's story, but I bet is so common that it doesn't matter, and truthfully I think people are hatin' on the bish a bit too much. There are FAR worse things our government is doing, financially, than "squandering" $90k (which is peanuts in terms of government spending) on a girl who was qualified enough to get hired, and successfully complete the education, proving that she's not just a dumb twat.

She's only an idiot for letting people find out about her personal affairs.
    I'm all for education in the workplace if it makes a company money in the end. When car makers started producing Hybrid vehicles mechanics had to go to school and learn to fix them. When radio/TV went digital we all had to learn a new skill in computer automation and editing, but a 4 year business degree? Come on! Getting paid to go to school and have the school paid for on my tax money when your company doesn't make the country money? I think I just threw up my lunch.
    New to me for 2012.