I'd say it's not how well you do your job, it's who you know
    Resident Loudmouth

Re: What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/p...ulance-service

I'd say it's not how well you do your job, it's who you DO

corrected...

This happens all the time, why is this a concern all of a sudden?

I'm in my position because of the people I know, I only have a bloody high school education and make good money and have my own business on the side!

Good for her!
    Ecto • 2006 Honda VeeFourRoad 800A (Pearl Black)
    I'm too sexy for my turban.

o ya she did it on her back, she must be a real fox in bed. every girl's dream job. fire them all and expose the greed and corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by jay-d View Post
    This happens all the time, why is this a concern all of a sudden?

I'm in my position because of the people I know, I only have a bloody high school education and make good money and have my own business on the side!

Good for her!
    I'm gonna hazard a guess and say they're thinking she's didn't get her job due to her qualifications but how she slut her way to the top. Meaning she might not be good at what she do (jobwise)
    Resident Loudmouth

I'd hit it.
    Peeing in the gene pool...

I have a feeling she might gut me while I sleep and make love to my organs in a bathtub
    DISCLAIMER: This forum requires thick skin. I will not be held accountable for your inability to take internet sarcasm, but I might be held accountable for your mom walking bow legged this morning...

I'm sure she's really smart, now...after the free education we paid for.
    New to me for 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_sarcasm View Post
    I'd hit it.
    The question is what wouldn't u hit?
    Resident Loudmouth

after a six pack, maybe

The question is what wouldn't u hit?
    You know, that's probably a valid point - that list is much shorter than who/what I would put my penis in.
    Peeing in the gene pool...

I have a feeling she might gut me while I sleep and make love to my organs in a bathtub
    DISCLAIMER: This forum requires thick skin. I will not be held accountable for your inability to take internet sarcasm, but I might be held accountable for your mom walking bow legged this morning...

so she made 60 k before and 120 now?

Thats not that much.
    This post does not provide any legal advice and readers should consult with their own lawyer for legal advice.

It's a sign of the corrupt times, and explains why so many places are run by clueless idiots.

This happens more frequently than everyone here thinks, so I don't have a problem with it.

TONS of companies pay for their employee's educations; and from an academic perspective: she obviously was qualified enough to get in and learned enough to attain the MBA (which her boning the boss has nothing to do with), so by that logic she's qualified IMO.

This is in the news because she's somewhat attractive, and word of her relations with the boss got out: Haters gon' hate.
    Last edited by Kri$han; 05-03-2012 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kri$han View Post
    This happens more frequently than everyone here thinks, so I don't have a problem with it.

TONS of companies pay for their employee's educations; and from an academic perspective: she obviously was qualified enough to get in and learned enough to attain the MBA (which her boning the boss has nothing to do with), so by that logic she's qualified IMO.

This is in the news because she's somewhat attractive, and word of her relations with the boss got out: Haters gon' hate.
    This is a publicly funded company...they don't make a profit. I don't care what independent profitable companies do with their profits. Publicly Funded Companies should be hiring educated qualified people, not stupid whores who get edgumicated at UWO business school to the tune of $90,000 after she plays hide the salami with the boss. Who the hell wants to work with there girlfriends anyway?
    New to me for 2012.

lol, so she "During the summer months she was the operations manager for a sports club.", and happened to teach some water ski classes...meh, i do all sorts of jobs for my position, maybe i'm not an IT nerd, i'm a professional furniture assembler since i built the odd coat rack or put a chair together...typical media drilling the story in the direction they want to go...i guess it depends on how you look into it...i used to be titled as "Inter-Office Communications" person, in other words, a runner on bay street delivering cheques for a cage...

so she went from 60K to 120K, that ain't that much of a jump for what i see in salaries, media just sensationalizing things as usual...

however, i like " “I wouldn’t categorize myself as living with him,” she said, adding she lives in a condo.", in other words, yes she has her own condo, she just happens to visit him for extended periods of time...hahaha...

Quote Originally Posted by killerkeith View Post
    This is a publicly funded company...they don't make a profit. I don't care what independent profitable companies do with their profits. Publicly Funded Companies should be hiring educated qualified people, not stupid whores who get edgumicated at UWO business school to the tune of $90,000 after she plays hide the salami with the boss. Who the hell wants to work with there girlfriends anyway?

Keith for Prime Minister
    Resident Loudmouth

Quote Originally Posted by killerkeith View Post
    She had her bachelor's degree when she got the job (in what, I dunno... it really doesn't matter, there are CEO's with english degree's running car companies), and once at the job, she was sent to school for the MBA.

So is your problem with people @ publicly funded company's getting paid to go to school?

Kelly Mitchell, the person who interviewed this lady said:

“(Mazza) said, ‘Here is a good friend of mine, I want you to consider her,’ so we did,” he said. “But also, we are in the talent business as government relations, we get references all the time. We aren’t people who go on Monster.com to get our staff.”

That's how it works in today's world, bro. What you know is only half the game. The rest is networking (or blowing your boss, whatever).

Personally, I don't have an issue with this. Sometimes people get promoted quickly through the ranks because of their drive. Is it so hard to believe that Long has the work-ethic to earn the position she's in as quickly as she did? Why must we assume that just because she's a woman, she screwed, sucked, and swallowed her way up the ladder?

Quote Originally Posted by dr_sarcasm View Post
    I'd hit it.
    Wrong thread... but I would too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kri$han View Post
    She had her bachelor's degree when she got the job (in what, I dunno... it really doesn't matter, there are CEO's with english degree's running car companies), and once at the job, she was sent to school for the MBA.

So is your problem with people @ publicly funded company's getting paid to go to school?

Kelly Mitchell, the person who interviewed this lady said:

That's how it works in today's world, bro. What you know is only half the game. The rest is networking (or blowing your boss, whatever).
    We paid for her 4 year degree. Sure she had one already, but we paid for another. If her advancement required further education, hire someone who already has that education/experience. A profitable company would have banked that money and hired someone qualified, but Government funded services don't think like that. They think if I don't spend the full budget I won't get the same amount next year. How can I blow my entire wad of cash so Johnny Paycheck can give me more of the same? I hate these places.
    New to me for 2012.

So are u guys saying her relationship with Mazza had nothing to do with her promotions at all?

On Jan. 1, 2011, the for-profit ORNGE Global appointed Long to be “director of sales and marketing.” Just 23 days later she was promoted at ORNGE Global to “associate vice-president marketing and relationship management” at ORNGE Global.
    http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/p...p-job-at-ornge
    Resident Loudmouth