Motorcycle Gear in the GTA?

Thread: Motorcycle Gear in the GTA?

Motorcycle Gear in the GTA?

Hey everyone,

So I was curious, if there wasn't any internet to buy all our gear from, where would you be forced to go to buy all of your motorcycle gear?

So far I've been to royal distributing, riders choice, cycleworld superstore, and velocity sportsgear. Who else am I missing out on by not visiting their shop?

So, where's your favourite Toronto (and surrounding area) shop to buy gear at?

Please explain why if you can as well!

For instance, I like rider's choice because they only carry high end gear, and are the only shop where I know I can get Dainese stuff.

Rant away! and thanks!
    Happiness isn't around the corner, happiness IS the corner

Instructor @ Learning Curves

Re: Motorcycle Gear in the GTA?

GP Bikes is good.

Check out kahuna on steeles
    "They Say At 100MPH Water Feels Like Concrete, Just Imagine What Concrete Feels Like At 100mph" - Nicky Hayden

>< VC 01.

Snow City Cycle and Marine on Kennedy (Pretty meh gear selection)

Flying Squirrel Motorcycle (http://www.fsmotorcycle.com/) on Carlaw stocks helmets, it's not really a look-n-browse kinda place though, basically a storage room run by one guy, he's great. Could probably source a lot of stuff if you know what you want

Town Moto on Ossington just opened according to this thread, looks geared towards "cafe racer" style of stuff
    1989 Yamaha FZR400 (Sold)
    2008 Suzuki DRZ400SM (Sold)
    2010 Ducati Monster 696

The default choices (a.k.a. the "big" players), if you live in the GTA and have an afternoon to waste, in no particular order are:

1. GP Bikes (Whitby)
    2. Royal Distributing (Whitby)
    3. Kahuna (Toronto)
    4. Riders Choice (Toronto)
    5. Parker Bros (Toronto)

Now, there are other places further west and/or north that have positive reviews and lots of happy customers (e.g. Blue Streak Racing), but if you're in the GTA, it's completely up to you if you want to go out to see them.

Outside of what you noted e.g. Riders Choice carries high end gear, I've seen Parker Bros carry items unlike the other stores (e.g. my bro-in-law got himself a KTM street helmet), the others usually have a nice selection of a range of product (can't speak to what the selection or quality of either GP or Royal is like as I've never wandered out to see them).
    Peeing in the gene pool...

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    I have a feeling she might gut me while I sleep and make love to my organs in a bathtub
    DISCLAIMER: This forum requires thick skin. I will not be held accountable for your inability to take internet sarcasm, but I might be held accountable for your mom walking bow legged this morning...

KapscoMoto.com

KapscoMoto
    813 Brock Rd. #5
    Pickering, Ontario
    L1W 3L8, Canada

Got a set of gorilla stands from them (via internet) never been in the store but should just for kicks, their hours are a little bad for the 9to5 worker.

Here is where I put my signature!!

2012 Candy Green Kawasaki 250cc
    2000 Black Honda Rebel 250cc - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by espro View Post
    Town Moto on Ossington just opened according to this thread, looks geared towards "cafe racer" style of stuff
    LOL; High fashion, low-protection

Rock on, urbanite metro hipsters, rock on.

Oakville Yamaha has a lot of brands not found at the above. I haven't been there since last season but I was really impressed then.
    to us there was nothing but girls and machines.....

Quote Originally Posted by KJM View Post
    Oakville Yamaha has a lot of brands not found at the above. I haven't been there since last season but I was really impressed then.
    Can't remember if it was you or someone else who just recently raved 'bout these guys and the selection of gear/customer service.

I have a feeling she might gut me while I sleep and make love to my organs in a bathtub
    DISCLAIMER: This forum requires thick skin. I will not be held accountable for your inability to take internet sarcasm, but I might be held accountable for your mom walking bow legged this morning...

Quote Originally Posted by dr_sarcasm View Post
    Can't remember if it was you or someone else who just recently raved 'bout these guys and the selection of gear/customer service.
    I have posted in most of the threads concerning this shop and yes and all positive comments. Never raved though. I am also a big fan boy of Dual Sport Plus if that helps you remember anything.

Do you have a point, or just a another no value added post?

I have posted in most of the threads concerning this shop and yes and all positive comments. Never raved though. I am also a big fan boy of Dual Sport Plus if that helps you remember anything.

Do you have a point, or just a another no value added post?
    Uh, excuse me?

My comment was in SUPPORT of your statement regarding Oakville Yamaha i.e in that they are a shop to consider adding to what others are saying about the usual cast. The use of the word "rave" (which perhaps you should look up) as I've used it here (as a noun) is to denote good things about the shop...

Way to take something completely out of context, well done, chief.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_sarcasm View Post
    Uh, excuse me?

My comment was in SUPPORT of your statement regarding Oakville Yamaha i.e in that they are a shop to consider adding to what others are saying about the usual cast. The use of the word "rave" (which perhaps you should look up) as I've used it here (as a noun) is to denote good things about the shop...

Way to take something completely out of context, well done, chief.
    Thanks for the redundant grammar lesson, Captain.

That aside, you should of just came out and said that you also like the shop - perhaps it was your username that got me.

My most humble appolgies. Let's add Oakville Yamaha twice to this list and carry on?

That aside, you should of just came out and said that you also like the shop - perhaps it was your username that got me.
    I was attempting to give credit where credit is due i.e. not me, but you (as the one who had reviewed the shop in question, and was pleased with what they offered).

Agreed, add the shop and carry on.

^^ Shop added twice.. re-post!!!!!
    Here is where I put my signature!!

2012 Candy Green Kawasaki 250cc
    2000 Black Honda Rebel 250cc - Sold