Hello riders, thought I would introduce myself. I am from Manchester, Uk and have lived in Newmarket since 1994. I have ridden bikes since I was 13 n legally in 1975 with my Yamaha FS1E - that took some beers before I admitted that.
I have ridden across Europe a number of times on various bikes, the last one being a 1981 Goldwing. I came to this fab country in 1994 and had to sell my CBR1000 before leaving blighty. Since then I had (or my wife did) 2 kids but couldn't afford to get on a bike again for a number of reasons. I have always had that darn craving to get back on 2 wheels again - man, its like a freakin addiction. This year though my wife allowed me to get another one (yes I admit it, I am brow beaten - NAT coz I also built n drive an AC Cobra). The Cobra is a damn fine beast to drive but still no comparisson to a bike. Soooooo, this year I bought my first British bike. Only coz now they don't piss oil and they start. I have always had Japanese bikes and loved them but I fell head over heels in love with a Triumph Rocket3 Classic. 2.3 litres of big balls. I love riding the bike but man does it ever take a getting used to after riding sports bikes. Instead of leaning over the tank and being wind efficient, I now sit upright, legs forward taking the wind on full blast. Changed the open face to modular helmet - can't be doing with the rain feeling like my face is being pebble dashed - probably an age thing.
Got my M2X May 3rd as I went from M1 to exit test due to prior experience.
Fab web site!!!
Nigel