Hello from Newmarket

Thread: Hello from Newmarket

Hello from Newmarket

Hello riders, thought I would introduce myself. I am from Manchester, Uk and have lived in Newmarket since 1994. I have ridden bikes since I was 13 n legally in 1975 with my Yamaha FS1E - that took some beers before I admitted that.
    I have ridden across Europe a number of times on various bikes, the last one being a 1981 Goldwing. I came to this fab country in 1994 and had to sell my CBR1000 before leaving blighty. Since then I had (or my wife did) 2 kids but couldn't afford to get on a bike again for a number of reasons. I have always had that darn craving to get back on 2 wheels again - man, its like a freakin addiction. This year though my wife allowed me to get another one (yes I admit it, I am brow beaten - NAT coz I also built n drive an AC Cobra). The Cobra is a damn fine beast to drive but still no comparisson to a bike. Soooooo, this year I bought my first British bike. Only coz now they don't piss oil and they start. I have always had Japanese bikes and loved them but I fell head over heels in love with a Triumph Rocket3 Classic. 2.3 litres of big balls. I love riding the bike but man does it ever take a getting used to after riding sports bikes. Instead of leaning over the tank and being wind efficient, I now sit upright, legs forward taking the wind on full blast. Changed the open face to modular helmet - can't be doing with the rain feeling like my face is being pebble dashed - probably an age thing.
    Got my M2X May 3rd as I went from M1 to exit test due to prior experience.
    Fab web site!!!
    Nigel

Welcome back to riding. Quite the beast is right...you might want to go down to Maggie Valley in North Carolina sometime, I understand there is a T Rocket reunion at this motel we stayed at, this happens at the beginning of the motorcycling season around mid April every year - Holiday Motel run by Rob and Gaby, great couple.
    2011 BMW K1300S

Re: Hello from Newmarket

Welcome to the site and back to riding...might see you around town.
    07 Buell XB12Ss
    Black, jardine exhaust, race ecm, k&n filter,
    CRG Hindsight bar end mirrors, crossroads handle bars, dieselmoto fender eliminator, gel grips, 010 Buell firebolt tire hugger and belt guard, S-10 British avon gas mask, right side air scoop, Buell pegasus decal and pazzo levers and then 5-0dro sliders & Rizoma track 77 led signals

Welcome to the forum and back to riding. Enjoy your new ride! Cheers

Welcome back to riding!
    YZFoxxy
    keep your heels, head, and standards high

Welcome! See you around town!
    Current Ride - 2000 Honda CBR F4

If quitters never win and winners never quit, then who is the fool who said, "Quit while you're ahead"?

Welcome to the site and back to riding! See you on the roads!

Hi Nigel

I'm a bit like you. Originally from Rhyl, ridden for donkey's years (and yes, I know all about fizzy's, but I'm not owning up ), live in Newmarket, but managed to hang on to one of my bikes when we moved over 2yrs ago.

Guess by now you've passed your M2Exit.

PM me if you ever want to go for a spin

John
    Laverda RGA Jota - Orange, loud and the ooooooooooooonly one in Canada!

Well peeps, I passed the M2X I did get dinged on a couple of things but not enough to fail. Feels sweet I can tell ya!
    Hey John, I will send you a pm. Did you bring the Jots with you? Stella job if youdid. I always remember those from way back but could never afford one.
    Cheers,
    Nigel

Yep, had to choose between my Buell and Triumph Chop, the Lav won. Saw a black AC Cobra a few weeks back at Yonge-Davis, was that you? Nice bit of kit. Rocket 3's also a bit of a beast, not the sort of bike you normally take your test on!

Anyway, PM and maybe we can hook up?

John
    Laverda RGA Jota - Orange, loud and the ooooooooooooonly one in Canada!