Innerwear under leather suit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Innerwear under leather suit

Innerwear under leather suit

Going to likely do track days this season. Also have track school scheduled for the end of the Month. What do you recommend wearing under your leathers?
    Last edited by Chaos; 05-03-2012 at 09:47 AM.

Re: Innerwear under leather suit

Real men go butt nekked!!

Seriously though..I'd get some cheap (or expensive..knock yourself out..) poly long-sleeve shirts. Like Dri-Fit Nike stuff. Wicks sweat and makes getting your leathers on easier as well.
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

"If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing
    2009 1100S Hypermotard (for sale)
    944 Ducati track the "Blueberry Muffin"

thanks for the tips. What about for cooler temps? Would a dryfit hold a bit of heat in? or should i look at good ol'fashioned long sleeve t's?

http://www.vnmsport.com/

This stuff is awesome and made by our own ALIKI

I bought a pair of compression pants and shirt from Walmart for $40.They get the job done.

I have the cheapest **** available from MEC to contain my seksi.

Just make sure whatever you're getting is fitted.. nothing worse than bunching fabric causing awkwardness.

I knew a guy once who would wear his wife's pantyhose under his leathers, said it was very comfortable... just sayin...

Haha awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    thanks for the tips. What about for cooler temps? Would a dryfit hold a bit of heat in? or should i look at good ol'fashioned long sleeve t's?
    Well, in general, I avoid cotton for anything strenuous. Once it gets wet, you're dead. You could swtich to thermal polyester for cooler temps..Helly Ware or what have you. It's brutal trying to get out of leathers when your cotton shirt is wet..ugh..
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

Heres a link to the GTAM VnM Sportgear thread:

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ar-in-da-house!

Generally speaking any synthetic clothing is better than a cotton tee. As a general rule of thumb, you do get what you pay for. If you want something that will last, keeps you much cooler and does not bunch, chafe, or stretch out, the prices go up. If you want something you will only wear 2 or 3 times then cheap is the way to go.
    I live vicariously through myself
    VnM Sportgear
    vnmsport.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Stay away from cotton in the cooler weather. Once you sweat a little the pores of the fabric will absorb the water and swell causing a decline in breathability. This causes cold sweats. A synthetic fabric with a brushed inner lining will keep heat in but still breath better so you don't get into cold sweats. Depending on how cold it is, merino wool is quite amazing. Its the warmest stuff I have tested and it does not cause you to overheat. "Icebreaker" has a great baselayer for cold weather. Its about 100 bucks at Sporting Life.

Keep in mind that choosing the material content (polyester, nylon, wool) does not mean they will all perform the same. Performance is also determined by the way in which the material is woven together, the weight (thickness), and the way the thread is spun, for breathability, wicking, quick drying, etc. That's why you get what you pay for.
    VnM Sportgear
    vnmsport.com

Hey Chaos,
    I'm in the same boat as you, going to Racer5 at the end of the month and going to give the track a go this year. I spent the cash and got the VnM gear (it is pricy compared to walmart gear). Bought 1 piece leather suit last fall and the thing was a royal pain to put on and hotter than hell. With the VnM gear on its still not fun but slips on and off really easy. As for cooler temps..with the leathers on I don't think there's much to worry about. Those things are hot regardless..I think heat will be the biggest worry. Touring in the south I've worn lululemon (SP?) not manly but it worked okay, but the VnM gear makes you feel cold the second you put it on and with the leathers it really helped getting in and out.
    Hey Aliki do I get a commission if you sell?
    2004 R1150RTP
    1998 Ducati 944

I would go VnM hands down. I have used the Underarmour Heatgear prior and it tents to wear easy not to mention that it dosent provide the same cooling as the VnM stuff. Well worth the investment!
    "Be good or be good at it"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2011 Triumph Daytona 675SE - Current
    2005 Suzuki SV650S - 20,000km - SOLD
    2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - 8,000km - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Aliki @ VnM Sportgear View Post
    Stay away from cotton in the cooler weather. Once you sweat a little the pores of the fabric will absorb the water and swell causing a decline in breathability. This causes cold sweats. A synthetic fabric with a brushed inner lining will keep heat in but still breath better so you don't get into cold sweats. Depending on how cold it is, merino wool is quite amazing. Its the warmest stuff I have tested and it does not cause you to overheat. "Icebreaker" has a great baselayer for cold weather. Its about 100 bucks at Sporting Life.

Keep in mind that choosing the material content (polyester, nylon, wool) does not mean they will all perform the same. Performance is also determined by the way in which the material is woven together, the weight (thickness), and the way the thread is spun, for breathability, wicking, quick drying, etc. That's why you get what you pay for.
    I'm seriously considering this stuff even though I don't race. Aliki, I wonder what it'd be like to go hiking in, or is it really just geared strictly for motorcycle use?

Quote Originally Posted by mindactivated View Post
    I'm seriously considering this stuff even though I don't race. Aliki, I wonder what it'd be like to go hiking in, or is it really just geared strictly for motorcycle use?
    I used her gear when I was in Afghanistan doing day to day things in a very arid climate. Worked AWESOME. I would support that this apparel can be used in any condition. I also used it for my skiing (I am a very competitive skier) and loved it. One extreme to another.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliki @ VnM Sportgear View Post
    And wet cotton turns into slow-burn sandpaper.. Many long distance runners have encountered the ol' blood nipple syndrome.

Dri-fit is awesome and relatively cheap - I get the loose ones and wear in hot or cold - great fabric and always feels a good temp.

Cotton a big no no.
    Found a free wifi spot on the popular motorcycle routes local or touring? Add to the list> here

Quote Originally Posted by onecartel View Post
    And wet cotton turns into slow-burn sandpaper.. Many long distance runners have encountered the ol' blood nipple syndrome.
    Performance nylon gear is available now for next to nothing. Even really basic stuff is better than cotton. I'm still amazed when I see people working out or running/riding in cotton shirts. Noodle scratcher for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by mindactivated View Post
    The VnM gear is not just for racing. The fabric was originally designed for triathletes. Its SPF 50 so its great for hiking. I use it in the heat of the parking lot when teaching on the M1 exit course and wet it down often to cool me off. The added bonus is that I don't have to keep applying sunblock.
    VnM Sportgear
    vnmsport.com