Town Moto – New gear and accessory shop in downtown Toronto.

Thread: Town Moto – New gear and accessory shop in downtown Toronto.

Town Moto – New gear and accessory shop in downtown Toronto.

Just want to give a shout out to this new shop on Ossington between Dundas and Queen. Town Moto bills itself as a shop for the urban motorcyclist. More towards the functional fashion side.

http://townmoto.com/

"I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

Re: Town Moto – New gear and accessory shop in downtown Toronto.

Cool looking place, will need to stop by some time

In before "****ing Hipsters"
    1989 Yamaha FZR400 (Sold)
    2008 Suzuki DRZ400SM (Sold)
    2010 Ducati Monster 696

I met one of the guys from Bikes on Wheels on his wife's Bonneville recently, but I'm wondering if this place is related to the bicycle shop. I'm planning on heading down to check it out on Saturday, anybody wanna meet up?

Quote Originally Posted by espro View Post
    Lol, it's the FIRST thing that popped into my head when I saw the pics.
    Peeing in the gene pool...

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    I have a feeling she might gut me while I sleep and make love to my organs in a bathtub
    DISCLAIMER: This forum requires thick skin. I will not be held accountable for your inability to take internet sarcasm, but I might be held accountable for your mom walking bow legged this morning...

Yes, the hipster force is strong with this shop. They are mostly targeting the vintage rider crowd and people who don't actually ride, but they do have legit helmets and jackets. And they carry several underground biker mags unavailable anywhere else in the city.

RetroGrouch, are you affiliated at all? Do you know of/have a brand list?
    1989 Yamaha FZR400 (Sold)
    2008 Suzuki DRZ400SM (Sold)
    2010 Ducati Monster 696

Quote Originally Posted by dr_sarcasm View Post
    Lol, it's the FIRST thing that popped into my head when I saw the pics.
    Everyone seems to have sleeve tattoos these days, so I don't know how hip they are (a few of my customers were sporting them--arms and legs-- over 10 years ago). Are they selling Mechanix gloves as protective gear? I wonder what the premium is over Canadian Tire.

That's a cheapo Princess Auto tire lever in the display, too. Good luck to them anyway. The more riders, the merrier.

I hate it already.

Yup, the Liberty Village Scooter gangs will be all over that place, like an e-bike store that sells alcohol.

RetroGrouch, are you affiliated at all? Do you know of/have a brand list?
    No, but I have a mutual friend with one of the owners. They carry Bell, Arai and Biltwell helmets, mostly the 3/4 style, First Gear jackets and Altimate boots. Like I mentioned, more casual motorcycle gear that wouldn't look out of place if you were just walking around off your bike.

cafe racers heaven

This place looks too similar to Motoretta just up the street from me on College st.

Awesome. So checking that out.

As far as people complaining about non-bike stuff, a shop has to stay in business, and the way you do that is to have something that everybody walking down the street with $20 (probably $100 these days) in their pocket can buy, and its your own fault if you can't get that business. If they sold jeans, I'd be in there a few times a year.

The barrier to entry for bikes is too high for most fashion people. Motorcycles are just too dangerous, expensive, and scary. And that's what makes them so damn cool. I wish they were open 3 weeks ago when I took my new girl shopping for passenger gear. If they had a "new girlfriend" gear package, there's several hundred right there.

Best of luck, and I will be sure to come by and just buy something.

Quote Originally Posted by CottageGuy View Post
    This place looks too similar to Motoretta just up the street from me on College st.
    Perhaps in concept but not in content. Motoretta is for scooter dweebs.

Quote Originally Posted by RetroGrouch View Post
    Perhaps in concept but not in content. Motoretta is for scooter dweebs.
    Well, as to content, I'm a scooter dweeb, but as to concept, Motoretta is for scooter dweebs with too much money. Nonetheless, I'll definitely check out Town Moto as it's just around the corner from me and hopefully not as ridiculously overpriced as Motoretta.

When did old CBs become the domain of hipsters? Guys I used to ride with years ago had CBs and they've all moved on (mostly to Brit bikes) due to the number of hipsters who've picked up on this bike. I haven't seen anyone but a dork drive them since 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by fastar1 View Post
    I hate it already.
    heard about the shop, wanted to see photos and stumbled upon this post.

i always find it absolutely hilarious when you see people moaning about something and instantly writing it off, it looks like the message boards for an emo band, i hope your helmet has a tinted visor to hide your tears.

looks like a nice shop, and regardless on whether its full of "hipsters", "scoot dweebs" or losers on CB's at least it's another option to buy some good gear in this city. i'll definitely check this place out and i wish them the best. far better seeing a quality place like this pop up than another terrible night club on ossington.

Quote Originally Posted by dissection View Post
    heard about the shop, wanted to see photos and stumbled upon this post.

i always find it absolutely hilarious when you see people moaning about something and instantly writing it off, it looks like the message boards for an emo band, i hope your helmet has a tinted visor to hide your tears.

looks like a nice shop, and regardless on whether its full of "hipsters", "scoot dweebs" or losers on CB's at least it's another option to buy some good gear in this city. i'll definitely check this place out and i wish them the best. far better seeing a quality place like this pop up than another terrible night club on ossington.
    Of course, this seems like a legit post by someone not associated in any way with the shop in question...joindateofMayandONEsinglepostsuspicious lyjustonthistopicnotsuspiciousatallnope...

Sorry, back to dying my hair black, painting my fingernails with the colour of agony, and cutting myself to teach my oppressors a lesson...
    Peeing in the gene pool...

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    I have a feeling she might gut me while I sleep and make love to my organs in a bathtub
    DISCLAIMER: This forum requires thick skin. I will not be held accountable for your inability to take internet sarcasm, but I might be held accountable for your mom walking bow legged this morning...

Went for another visit. They carry Roland Sands gear, not bad looking stuff. Along the same lines as Icon but nowhere near as garish.