Anyone Taking The Motorcycle Course At Sheridan May 03, 05, 06?

Thread: Anyone Taking The Motorcycle Course At Sheridan May 03, 05, 06?

Anyone Taking The Motorcycle Course At Sheridan May 03, 05, 06?

Hey guys, Just wanted to see if anyone else on here is taking the M1 exit course slash test at the Davis Campus (Sheridan) Tomorrow (Thursday, May, 03) and the following weekend (the 5th and 6th).
    - Mark Zinck
    2011 Kawasaki Ninja 400R

"You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime."
    -The Fastest Indian, Burt Munro

Re: Anyone Taking The Motorcycle Course At Sheridan May 03, 05, 06?

Good place to take it. Instructors are good. One guys looks like David Suzuki. Good instructor really knowable. Only thing they will get on you about is shoulder checks and hand signals. The exit is easy. If you have a bunch of slow pokes get out front and do whatever task the ask of you. Then hang back let them potate through it. Get there early on Saturday to get one of the CBR’s put you helmet on the ground kickstand side by the front tire.

Oh ya have fun...

Alright cool! Thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Houghtonator View Post
    Good place to take it. Instructors are good. One guys looks like David Suzuki. Good instructor really knowable. Only thing they will get on you about is shoulder checks and hand signals. The exit is easy. If you have a bunch of slow pokes get out front and do whatever task the ask of you. Then hang back let them potate through it. Get there early on Saturday to get one of the CBR’s put you helmet on the ground kickstand side by the front tire.

Oh ya have fun...
    - Mark Zinck
    2011 Kawasaki Ninja 400R

"You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime."
    -The Fastest Indian, Burt Munro

So? How did it go?

Anyone Taking The Motorcycle Course At Sheridan in May

How was the test, at Sheridan? I am going for my M1 tomorrow and gonna sign up this weekend for the next motorcycle course at Sheridan, In Oakville!

Does anyone know how much the M1 test cost?
    Last edited by biker babe; 05-08-2012 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Missing info!

Re: Anyone Taking The Motorcycle Course At Sheridan in May

written M1 at the drive test cost 17$ and the M1 exit course at the college cost nearly 500$

Quote Originally Posted by biker babe View Post
    How was the test, at Sheridan? I am going for my M1 tomorrow and gonna sign up this weekend for the next motorcycle course at Sheridan, In Oakville!

The Sheridan course is great and I personally would say, don't listen to Houghtonator on getting the CBR and take the motocross instead as it is more agile but not as cool. The down side is that is does not have a speedo and you need to maintain 30km for some of the lessons so you may also want to keep that in mind but you are allowed some leeway.
    The choice is yours.
    If you choose the MX take the electronic start one , since as the day progesses they stop for instuctions often and you will be kick starting it alot and by the end of the day you will feel it for sure.
    A few people switched up on day two to the dirt bikes and had to learn the feel for the bike all over again so which ever you choose try and stick with it and try to claim the same bike again the next day.

Good luck and have fun.

Good point I did mine at Centenial in Scarborough 10 years ago. While everyone was running for the the Buell 500 I took the CB125. Take the smaller bike or the dirt bike more easier to control especially for a new rider.

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

Quote Originally Posted by Katt View Post
    written M1 at the drive test cost 17$ and the M1 exit course at the college cost nearly 500$
    It's actually 57.50 for the M1 & M1 to M2 test, the test is different, plus you provide your own motorcycle, insurance and instruction.
    Ignorance is curable, Apathy not so much, but I don't care, I'll try anyway.