traffic officers getting pushed to issue more tickets.

Thread: traffic officers getting pushed to issue more tickets.

traffic officers getting pushed to issue more tickets.

i'm sure many of you have read/seen this already but for those who have not.......

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/04/30...os-31-division

Re: traffic officers getting pushed to issue more tickets.

The last couple of days, I have seen a lot of OPP sitting on the side of the highway. Its about 40k to work, and there are at least 4-5 cruisers or groups of cruisers on one side of the highway or the other in the morning or on the way home.

usually at leat one or two have someone pulled over

Funny. They have the stats, their performance is being measured by them, but they aren't available? If ever there were a public interest case for freedom of information requests, this would be it. That can't last.

Setting up incentives like that for cops is so bad for society. Good on the police who have been easy on tickets, and thank you for focusing your efforts on stopping and preventing violent crime. In fact, if the managers are going to play dirty like that, we should sponsor a public service award for the retiring police officer who has written the fewest tickets as a constable.

you think that if a traffic cop writes less tickets its because he is on a more serious crime?...

really? really?
    This post does not provide any legal advice and readers should consult with their own lawyer for legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by OpenGambit View Post
    you think that if a traffic cop writes less tickets its because he is on a more serious crime?...

really? really?
    So what you're saying is that you condone this type of behaviour - cops sitting on the side of the road, writing 60/70 in 50 tickets to every 2nd driver to fill their quota? I had a day off today, drove around 50km in Etobicoke/Mississauga and saw SIX radar points. This is getting ridiculous.

They have to justify their own jobs... it's an obvious cash grab.

PEEL could probably cut their force down 25-30% and not see a ding on actual crime rates.

OPP? LOL don't get me started.
    all my posts are serious; internet is serious business

Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    So what you're saying is that you condone this type of behaviour - cops sitting on the side of the road, writing 60/70 in 50 tickets to every 2nd driver to fill their quota? I had a day off today, drove around 50km in Etobicoke/Mississauga and saw SIX radar points. This is getting ridiculous.
    what i said is that a traffic cop that isn't writing tickets isn't helping the homicide division, he is sitting at Tim Hortons.

dont' tell me you honestly seriously think otherwise.
    This post does not provide any legal advice and readers should consult with their own lawyer for legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmnaked View Post
    They have to justify their own jobs... it's an obvious cash grab.

PEEL could probably cut their force down 25-30% and not see a ding on actual crime rates.

OPP? LOL don't get me started.

OPP is the worst. I was charged for dangerous driving and flight(running away from police), which I didn’t do, all i did was speed way over the speed but still just speed. Well the charges got dropped, cop that charged me got 5 charges and suspendion in similar speeding cases and couldnt show up to my trail.
    the cop and his other cop friends made up so much bull,but luckily I had a witness who backed my side of the story. as I was getting onto my exit I knew I had been caught on their radar for speeding as soon as I saw the lights in my rearview, I was pretty far away and waited about 5 seconds after pulling over before the cops made it, well about 6 cruisers came from every way as if I just committed a murder, they pulled me out of the car at gun point, charged me on seen and let me go. lol.
    well point is some cops are out to f'u you luckily for me Ihad a witness and the cop was charged for his corrupt ways.
    the cop was charged for making up evidence in 5 different cases all speeding related.

I was 100 over the speed limit it was like 2am no cars empty highway fast car.

I think cops defenitly have a quota to meet I've been given tickets for no reason, for example I got a ticket for my rear brakes.
    the car was rear wheel drive, so cop tells me to put on my e-brake , put the car in gear, let off clutch give it gas.
    The car did not move at all, rear end lifted up a bit from the car being rear-wheel drive and the power goes to the rear, and I still got a ticket for having bad brakes, i argued with the cop to no avail.
    by the way the brakes were a month old, I have years of experience as a mechanic so nothing was wrong with the brakes.

with that being said some cops are great and not out to get you, I have had experiences where cops dont pull you over at a speed trap for being 10 - 15 over.
    Last edited by js2021; 05-03-2012 at 08:41 PM.

I sold my car after that incident, I couldnt deal with being targeted at times. been driving the corolla ever since no tickets nothing clean record.

Yeah as far as I'm aware traffic cops only handle traffic, homicide devision deals with homicide.

Quote Originally Posted by js2021 View Post
    OPP is the worst. I was charged for dangerous driving and flight(running away from police), which I didn’t do, all i did was speed way over the speed but still just speed. Well the charges got dropped, cop that charged me got 5 charges and suspendion in similar speeding cases and couldnt show up to my trail.
    the cop and his other cop friends made up so much bull,but luckily I had a witness who backed my side of the story. as I was getting onto my exit I knew I had been caught on their radar for speeding as soon as I saw the lights in my rearview, I was pretty far away and waited about 5 seconds after pulling over before the cops made it, well about 6 cruisers came from every way as if I just committed a murder, they pulled me out of the car at gun point, charged me on seen and let me go. lol.
    well point is some cops are out to f'u you luckily for me Ihad a witness and the cop was charged for his corrupt ways.
    the cop was charged for making up evidence in 5 different cases all speeding related.

I was 100 over the speed limit it was like 2am no cars empty highway fast car.

I think cops defenitly have a quota to meet I've been given tickets for no reason, for example I got a ticket for my rear brakes.
    the car was rear wheel drive, so cop tells me to put on my e-brake , put the car in gear, let off clutch give it gas.
    The car did not move at all, rear end lifted up a bit from the car being rear-wheel drive and the power goes to the rear, and I still got a ticket for having bad brakes, i argued with the cop to no avail.
    by the way the brakes were a month old, I have years of experience as a mechanic so nothing was wrong with the brakes.

with that being said some cops are great and not out to get you, I have had experiences where cops dont pull you over at a speed trap for being 10 - 15 over.
    You were 100 over the limit in a fast car, and your best excuse is that it was 2 am with no traffic.

LOL. You deserve everything you got. This is why the 50 over law was brought in, and your exactly who should get nailed.
    www.thetoyhauler.ca
    Inferno is the new GTAM P.I.M.P.

lol yeah, I deserved the 50 over ticket for sure but I did pull over and didnt run or anything but that.
    some cars should never go at the speed nor would I ever take them, I've been about 140 with some cars and its scary as **** compared to 200 in the car I was in, it was modified, bigger brakes, better tires and rims, more power of course, full suspension and all.

but of course im not saying it gives me a excuse to speed. I did so at my own risk on a empty road. and i defenetly deserved the ticket nothing more.

Best drive in night when their quota is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Zag View Post
    Best drive in night when their quota is over.
    Im sure night shift have their own quota too meet.

Had a cop pull me over the other day to "admire my bike" WTF? Wasting my time.

Quote Originally Posted by infernobuster View Post
    You were 100 over the limit in a fast car, and your best excuse is that it was 2 am with no traffic.

LOL. You deserve everything you got. This is why the 50 over law was brought in, and your exactly who should get nailed.
    50 over laws were brought in to stop street racing. You can't race with the thin ****ing air.

People like you are the reason why the 50 over law passed in the first place because stopping people from racing against nothing at night with only deers to kill is a good exchange for our rights.

Come on -_-

Quote Originally Posted by 油井緋色 View Post
    50 over laws were brought in to stop street racing. You can't race with the thin ****ing air.

People like you are the reason why the 50 over law passed in the first place because stopping people from racing against nothing at night with only deers to kill is a good exchange for our rights.

Come on -_-
    York U should lose all their public funding.

If you got caught, clearly there wasn't nothing around.

what exactly can they do if you go about your normal ticketing procedure and not push for writing up more tickets? it's not like they can fire you for doing your job as what they are asking you to do is not exaclty on the level...they could try and make my life miserable, but i still get paid...they'd only be shooting themselves in the foot...in the long run...