3-day trip leaving from Kingston

Thread: 3-day trip leaving from Kingston

3-day trip leaving from Kingston

Any route suggestions for a 3-day trip leaving/returning to Kingston? I'm thinking of heading through the Adirondacks and maybe into Vermont, but if anyone has any route suggestions/good riding roads, I'm all ears.

Re: 3-day trip leaving from Kingston

Take the ferry to cape vincent then on to st marys then further south to williamsport. Can't go wrong with any roads down that way.

Somewhere using those round and curved tires.

I enjoy:

Through Andirondak park east to Lake Placid. Explore that area.
    Continue east out of L. Placid past the base of White face Mountain where the Olympics where held twice. Continue about 10 minutes. This is a very scenic and twisty road along a river. And then take the left up past Santa's Village to the Million Dollar Road (toll of about $10). Ride twisty and very scenic road (approx. 2 mikes?) to top of Whiteface Mountain to the castle! Walk through tunnel to elevator and go up 28 stories to where the weather station is. There are lookout binoculars there like at Niagara Falls. Do not get near the edge as there are NO guards rails, ropes..... fall would be over 1/2 km.! Can see Canada from up there.

Then back down and continue east to Lake Chanlmplain. Go.south to tip of lake. Go.east and up and zigzag across Green Mountain National Forest. Unbelieveable sites and roads.

Back to Lake Placid. 1 day circle L.Placid to L. Placid without speeding.
    When going down Lake Champlain stay off the major hwy's. Great variety of road and scenic surprises.

On the west side of the lake: HWY 9N/22.
    Then at Whitehall go east on HWY 4 at the bottom of the lake (going into Vermont). Then north onto HWY 100, west on 73, north on 53 to 7, then east on 125, then N. on 100, then east on 17 all the way to the Chimney Point ferry.
    When returning to Lake Placid you might take a ferry ride across L. Champlain in place of riding down and back up the west side. But then depending on time it is nice.

Green Mountain National Forest, from memory, basically stretches north/south parallel to L. Champlain. Up the east side of the forest is HWY 100. Good road. Crossing the forest are 3 roads. Bottom HWY 73, middle HWY 125& top HWY 17. The top one is a must do! I went west, east, then west on the top one then back to a ferry ride in about the middle of L. Champlain at Chimney Point.

I want to go now! Lol.

I will be taking someone on this route soon.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by Ikan; 05-02-2012 at 10:47 PM.
    Simoncelli apparently was asked if he was afraid of dying in a racing accident & he responded: "NO. You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike like that than other people do in all of their life."

Life's time is finite. Be honest & Let's Ride.

Robert
    '02 Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    '91 BMW K1 (sold)

The first point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Quote Originally Posted by gcrouse View Post
    Thats a nice looking route
    Yep, I agree. So I added it to My Maps. If we fall behind a bit, we can shortcut the eastern end of the route pretty easily.

Unfortunately, at the easternmost end of the route, you don't want to miss the Kancamagus highway into or out of Conway, NH.
    Robert
    '02 Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    '91 BMW K1 (sold)

The first point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.