Stunting and racing laws...

Thread: Stunting and racing laws...

• Display

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Stunting and racing laws...

I'm sure this has been discussed before but interested in your opinions about these new rules and how they have been used/abused.

Are there specific outlines for what constitutes stunting and racing.

Obviously wheelies, stoppies and 50+ over the limit are some specifics but other than that, is it simply up to the officers discretion what constitutes an offence.

I would hope there are guidelines or criteria that must be met before they can lay such a charge.

I read recently that a guy was charged for removing his hand from the handlebar. I believe the charge was dismissed, but what a waste of time and money.

If it is simply the officers discretion, riders all over the place will be falling victim to disgruntled cops. There must some boundaries keeping things in check, aren't there. Does anybody know what they are?

Also, I understand that you lose your vehicle, but is it automatically gone for good? What if you are still paying it off? One could just stop paying and they can reposess from the impound!

The court, not the cop roadside decides if you lose your vehicle I hope. But still it is the cops discription of events the court really believes, right?

BTW what ever happened to "innocent until proven guilty?

These laws IMO negate our charter of rights. How can they get away with taking your property.

I understand these charges validity in situations where there are injuries or property damage, but for no other reason than a cops opinion, it is crazy.

Any examples of the abuse of these laws, please share.
    Last edited by krrakt; 05-01-2012 at 10:42 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Alex