Parking on Islands at Fairview mall

Thread: Parking on Islands at Fairview mall

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by invictus43 View Post
    I think they have to remember that they're only getting paid $8-$12/hr..and act accordingly. A security guard tried to "apprehend" a friend of mine and my friend knocked him out. The police were called and the guard wanted the guy charged with assault and was making all kinds of threats..the police told him to shut up or they'd let my friend hit him again! My point is, for $12/hr, I'm sitting back and calling the po-po..
    I understand that there are a lot of arrogant cops wanna be type of guards out there. But the vast majority of guards are simply doing their duties, and part of those duties is to use as much force as necessary to remove undesirables from private properties, simply asking someone to leave politely doesn't work all of the time. You can't call the police every night when trying to lock up because someone is mouthing off and refusing to leave. Most of the time people just obey and leave, and there are times where you need to throw someone out.

For your friend to get to the point of getting apprehended, either the guard was just an idiot who did not do his best to resolve it nicely or your friend is just a piece of work. From what you said the guard did not respect the presence of the police officers, and for them to tell him to shut up then he really got on their nerves. 9 out of 10 times cops are on the side of the guards if they are simply trying to do their job. Like nv_-me said, don't hate on them for doing just that.
    2009 Yamaha V Star 650 Midnight Custom

Re: Parking on Islands at Fairview mall

Quote Originally Posted by MadPoet View Post
    I understand that there are a lot of arrogant cops wanna be type of guards out there. But the vast majority of guards are simply doing their duties, and part of those duties is to use as much force as necessary to remove undesirables from private properties, simply asking someone to leave politely doesn't work all of the time. You can't call the police every night when trying to lock up because someone is mouthing off and refusing to leave. Most of the time people just obey and leave, and there are times where you need to throw someone out.

For your friend to get to the point of getting apprehended, either the guard was just an idiot who did not do his best to resolve it nicely or your friend is just a piece of work. From what you said the guard did not respect the presence of the police officers, and for them to tell him to shut up then he really got on their nerves. 9 out of 10 times cops are on the side of the guards if they are simply trying to do their job. Like nv_-me said, don't hate on them for doing just that.
    I hear ya..I'm not hating really. But they have limited powers..they shouldn't be trying to manhandle someone without identifying themselves or at least starting a dialog. I understand they're just doing a job really..it's more about the poor pay they get and the expectations that are placed on them. It's not fair really.
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block