Invitro meat to eat???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Invitro meat to eat???

Invitro meat to eat???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_vitro_meat

I don't know about this. I would think there would be a down side.

Re: Invitro meat to eat???

There are some challenges.. I'd be all for it. Grew up a carnivore so I can't see myself becoming a v-word, but I'd appreciate being able to enjoy a juicy steak or a porkchop without an animal being killed for it. That's assuming they could get it to feel/taste right and to overcome challenges such as use of hormones and antibiotics as mentioned in the article.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

I demand that anything I eat must have once walked the earth and had feelings. Wait wait... goldfish??

"As early as 2008, some scientists claimed that the technology was ready for commercial use and simply needed a company to back it.[3] The first meats successfully grown in a lab included goldfish and lamb."

What's next, Soylent Green?

I'm a vegetarian since birth and I still couldn't see myself eating this!
    Ecto • 2006 Honda VeeFourRoad 800A (Pearl Black)
    I'm too sexy for my turban.

We spent 10,000,000 years clawing our way to the top of the food chain - I'll be damned if my meals don't include some form of dead flesh (preferably off something that used to have a pet name).

Now, if you all will excuse me, I need to go shoot my breakfast.
    Last edited by dr_sarcasm; 05-02-2012 at 09:44 AM.
    Peeing in the gene pool...

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    I have a feeling she might gut me while I sleep and make love to my organs in a bathtub
    DISCLAIMER: This forum requires thick skin. I will not be held accountable for your inability to take internet sarcasm, but I might be held accountable for your mom walking bow legged this morning...

They say they can produce this "shmeat" but it will always lack fat & bones....

That means it will lack flavour because as meat eaters know, bones and fat greatly impact flavour and texture. Say goodbye to those smoked, slow cooked, fall-off-the-bone baby back ribs.

I don't like the idea of killing animals at all but I understand that we are still part of the animal kingdom and the food chain and its nature. Its just the way it is. The day invitro meat goes mainstream is the day I start raising my own animals.

They talked about a japanese scientist who developed artificial meat through proteins in human feces on Discovery channel couple of months ago. Its got all the nutriences and its edible. The only thing stopping it going into the market is the psychological barrier of its origin.
    3rd bike (current) - '06 kawasaki zx-636 blk/gld
    2nd bike - '08 kawasaki ninja 250 red
    1st bike - '92 kawasaki ex500 blue/white (dead)

Quote Originally Posted by kickstartt View Post
    They talked about a japanese scientist who developed artificial meat through proteins in human feces on Discovery channel couple of months ago. Its got all the nutriences and its edible. The only thing stopping it going into the market is the psychological barrier of its origin.
    It's odd, people will shell out huge bucks for coffee that essentially needs to be picked out of certain animal feces, but yet there's a barrier for other foods...

For the record, I don't do the former, and wouldn't indulge in the latter either.

I'll eat my meat the good 'ol fashioned way: club it.
    Last edited by dr_sarcasm; 05-02-2012 at 09:53 AM.

I have a feeling she might gut me while I sleep and make love to my organs in a bathtub
    DISCLAIMER: This forum requires thick skin. I will not be held accountable for your inability to take internet sarcasm, but I might be held accountable for your mom walking bow legged this morning...

Quote Originally Posted by dr_sarcasm View Post
    It's odd, people will shell out huge bucks for coffee that essentially needs to be picked out of certain animal feces, but yet there's a barrier for other foods...

For the record, I don't to the former, and wouldn't indulge in the latter either.

I'll eat my meat the good 'ol fashioned way: club it.
    ... just like how i get the girls. Club 'em
    www.thetoyhauler.ca
    Inferno is the new GTAM P.I.M.P.

I have no problem with killing animals even by my own hand and I am a huge animal lover. I grew up on a farm and we raise and humanely harvest our livestock. I do have a problem with the environmental impact of raising animals for consumption. Insects are actually supposed to be the perfect food to replace meat and growing them for mass consumption apparently will have a positive impact on the environment. Not sure I would choose bugs over shmeat or poop-meat, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by infernobuster View Post
    ... just like how i get the girls. Club 'em
    Chicks dig that.

And does she get the special cologne...Sex Panther by Odeon? Illegal in nine countries, 'cause it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good? I betcha that's what you'll wear, as they've done studies, and 60% of the time, it works every time.

Don't think I would buy lab grown meat. I think it's fine to kill and animal for food. Animals do it to other animals. Why the hell should we not.

And to keep with the usual posts.

Hey red I got some "Tube Meat" for ya. Side effects may including curling of the toes, and severe sensations of pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle72 View Post
    Don't think I would buy lab grown meat. I think it's fine to kill and animal for food. Animals do it to other animals. Why the hell should we not.

And to keep with the usual posts.

Hey red I got some "Tube Meat" for ya. Side effects may including curling of the toes, and severe sensations of pleasure.
    Wow, tube meat, so tempting! Sounds way better than poop-meat or shmeat. Although, I have heard sometimes these meat tubes can be small and flaccid in person and only satisfying for a couple minutes...

medicine, vaccines are essential made in a lab. but you guys don't have problems with those...

Quote Originally Posted by SkyRider View Post
    medicine, vaccines are essential made in a lab. but you guys don't have problems with those...
    Do you eat medicine and vaccines on a daily basis? Just because something is made in a lab does not mean it's bad or good. Extremely toxic chemicals are made in a lab, so by extending your rediculous argument are they ok to eat since you are OK with lab meat?

Quote Originally Posted by Red695 View Post
    Wow, tube meat, so tempting! Sounds way better than poop-meat or shmeat. Although, I have heard sometimes these meat tubes can be small and flaccid in person and only satisfying for a couple minutes...

That's unfortunate. Attractive women don't normally have that issue. Don't let that get you down though. I am sure once day you will be able to inspire a boner. Until then just be happy someone will give you two minutes of their time....

Quote Originally Posted by SkyRider View Post
    I hear Crystal Meth is also made in labs so I suppose that is okay to consume too right?

Quote Originally Posted by Red695 View Post
    Although, I have heard sometimes these meat tubes can be small and flaccid in person and only satisfying for a couple minutes...
    Pay no heed to those stories, they're lies told to you by women with loose morals and HUGE vajayjays. Yes, 9 times out of 10 most meat tubes are like IEDs in war zones - small, hidden and explode on contact, BUT at times those meat tubes are paired with a set of large coconuts that create an optical illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle72 View Post

Somethings never get old
    Resident Loudmouth