Newcomer from Montreal

Thread: Newcomer from Montreal

Newcomer from Montreal

Hi guys,

I'm from Montreal but moving soon to Markham with my girlfriend (as soon as I find a mech. eng. job!) I'm 25 and this is my third season on 2 wheels

I ride a Yamaha FZ6 2005 since day1 and still loving it!! Rode 22k kms in 2011. I went down to Deal's Gap on a 8 days camping-solo trip! Had a blast!

I've been reading the forum for a while now, so much stuff!

See you on the road!

Welcome! I'd love to hear more about your trip. That's exactly the type of thing I'm looking forward to doing when I get my bike.

Re: Newcomer from Montreal

Welcome (soon) to GTA!

Welcome onboard. I'm curious to hear the difference in insurance rates that you receive in Markham compared to Montreal.

Quote Originally Posted by bubuski View Post
    Welcome onboard. I'm curious to hear the difference in insurance rates that you receive in Markham compared to Montreal.
    Will let you know, but right now I'm paying 545$ for the license plate (which includes body coverage in case of an accident) and 170$ for fire, theft and civil resp. on the bike so around 715$/year for a fz6 2005 that I paid 4600 two years ago... (oh and an extra 75$ on my driver license for the motorcycle license!)

Quote Originally Posted by hirme View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm from Montreal but moving soon to Markham with my girlfriend (as soon as I find a mech. eng. job!) I'm 25 and this is my third season on 2 wheels

I ride a Yamaha FZ6 2005 since day1 and still loving it!! Rode 22k kms in 2011. I went down to Deal's Gap on a 8 days camping-solo trip! Had a blast!

I've been reading the forum for a while now, so much stuff!

See you on the road!
    Salut! .. welcome to GTAM.
    Was that your red Fz6 @ the Fish House in Markham today?

Bienvenue!

Sign up to the FZ6 group here http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...php?groupid=31

Not that anything ever happens there LOL but maybe one day we'll want to do a meet
    There is no planet B.

Quote Originally Posted by IXFe View Post
    Salut! .. welcome to GTAM.
    Was that your red Fz6 @ the Fish House in Markham today?

Nope, I'm not in Markham yet. Still in Montreal for a few weeks. Mine is gray/black btw. I'll be easy to recognized with my Qc license plate (until i get it switch )

Welcome !!!