M1-exit Test Burlington road route?

Thread: M1-exit Test Burlington road route?

M1-exit Test Burlington road route?

Hi guys. I got my MTO M1-exit test coming up at Burlington this Friday (may 4th, 2012).

So, according to the book,you have to do the figure-8 walk, serpentine run, accelerate/brake test, and then a short road test.

I have searched everywhere but could not find the small road test route they make you undergo at Burlington!

Can someone please tell me if they know what the road test route will be! Also any tips for that portion. Thanks!

Re: M1-exit Test Burlington road route?

Oh and btw, I have practiced enough on my SS and can do the notorious serpentine run! 50% of the time is perfect...the other 50% of the time, I gotta put 1 foot down

I am doing the same test on Friday as well, but in Clinton, and I have no idea where we are riding, but if you read in the back of your book it looks like they basically make you go around the block and they stand on the corner and watch you, when I went to write my M1 the MTO chick joked with me saying that if I am going to drop my bike on the exit test do it on one of the back roads where they can't see me. lol
    If you are comfortable you will be fine i am sure, but the 50% for the serpentine...are you dragging your rear brake? Best if you don't put your foot down at all. Good luck and let us know how you do and I will do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay72 View Post
    If you are comfortable you will be fine i am sure, but the 50% for the serpentine...are you dragging your rear brake? Best if you don't put your foot down at all. Good luck and let us know how you do and I will do the same.
    Yes of course I am dragging the break. Playing with the clutch, throttle, and rear brake the whole time.

What bike are you intending to do the test with?

Luckily for me I have a little Ninja 250, so it's nice and light. I am sure you and I are in the same boat, been practicing in parking lots and such, I have to say the only thing that I had to practice a lot is the walking of the bike in a figure 8 as I have never had to walk my bike, and I actually found it awkward, kept kicking my foot pegs. Good luck on Friday and I hope they are not calling for rain in Burlington, I am near London and they are calling for 60% chance of thunderstorms and I have a 50 min ride just to get to where I am taking my test.
    I wasn't knocking you about dragging the rear brake, I was just asking because when I first started practicing I wasn't doing it and I was occasionally having to put my foot down but once a friend that has ridden for years said to drag the rear with a bit of throttle what a difference.

You bike looks super sharp and HEAVY!! lol Is that the bike you are doing the test on? The one in your avitar pic?

I am also in the same predicament as you. Im taking a day off graduate school to do the test and there is a high chance of thundershowers tmrw! The drive test centre is about 40 mins from my house as well. Lets hope it doesnt rain tmrw at all.

And about walking the bike. Yes the cbr600rr is a bit difficult to walk with but I'm a big guy, so I can manage. The ninja shouldn't be too bad. Take your time when doing the figure 8. Quick tip for you....when beginning the figure-8 motion, you will be walking with the bike leaning towards your side (the kick stand side). At this point, lean the bike as much as you can as its really easy. But when you have to lean it the other way, just put the bike upright (dont lean it towards the right as it will probably fall), and turn the steering fully towards the right and steadily walk the bike. Then in the end, you'll have to do a full U-turn with the bike leaning on your side. This part is easy once again. Just take your time on the first U-turn of the figure-8 slow and steady.

What book are you guys referring to that explains the different things you have to do? I've got my test on May 14th and was going to just wing it (prior riding experience abroad) but it'd be nice to know what I'm getting into.

EDIT: Turns out I already had a PDF of the book. I thought it was just for M1 questions and didn't actually read beyond that point previously.
    Last edited by jonpurdy; 05-03-2012 at 06:45 PM.

Thanks for the advice, I have been walking my bike in the arena parking lot looking like a tool, lol...but whatever being 39 makes me pretty calm. I am sure I will do fine, like I said the walking was the only part I was a little concerned with. Good luck tomorrow!! Let me know how you do, and I will do the same.

Also now we have a severe thunderstorm watch going on but they are not calling for rain anymore tomorrow!!

Hey buddy. I crashed and totaled my bike today So not going to be doing any test tmrw.

Goodluck with yours tho!

Oh **** man, I hope you are alright...What happened?

Hey just to let ya know I passed with 0 points deducted, it was a breeze, only one guy out of 6 of us failed, and it was for a minor traffic violation. Hope you are doing alrioght after your accident.