A few questions about selling a bike

Thread: A few questions about selling a bike

A few questions about selling a bike

So I just sold my bike, the buyer left me a deposit and I'm holding onto the bike until next week when he back from vacation. I'm buying the uvip package tomorrow and filling in the information. I'm handing over the bike next Thursday and he giving the balanced owed. Now he's asking me for the VIN number a day earlier so he can register the bike and get a hot safety???(I think that's what he said), does that seem/sound okay? Is there anything I should be aware of? I allowed him to take a pic of my license and ownership as a courtesy because he left me a deposit? Feedback?

Thanks in advance.

Re: A few questions about selling a bike

Um hot safety? As long as you haven't given him the signed title to the bike I don't see any problems with his request.

I still have the ownership slip.

I'm not sure about the "hot safety"... unless he knows a mechanic that's willing to write him out the safety without seeing the bike... ???

He might want the VIN so that he can arrange for insurance and such though. I don't see any harm in giving him the VIN number. Nothing will be final until you sign it over.

The purchaser is probably getting somone to write him up a safety and needs the vin. No legal = hot? I don't know.

It's also good for the purchaser to get insurance so, having the vin will help there too.

You don't have anything to worry about yourself. Just make sure you have cash before handing over the bike.

Sweet, thanks for the feedback! I feel much better now, time to look for another bike!