Corbin Seats Rant - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Corbin Seats Rant

Re: Corbin Seats Rant

Imho, those seats are the most overrated things that anyone can buy for a bike. I mean, I've ridden bikes with those seats (my sis has one on her Kawi), and perhaps it's my desensitized posterior - but no way can I tell the difference between riding on a Corbin from riding stock (vinyl, with cheap foam).

Biggest waste of money that could be used elsewhere (like say, SS brake lines, or other more useful applications).

To the OP, I'd have LAUGHED in the CSR's ear if they had told me it was going to be $167 to ship seats to Canada. Like others in this thread, I've had bigger parts shipped to me for cheaper (including duties, brokerage, etc.; the most recent shipment was a dual exhaust system for a buddy's Porsche).

The above is my $0.02CDN
    Peeing in the gene pool...

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    I have a feeling she might gut me while I sleep and make love to my organs in a bathtub
    DISCLAIMER: This forum requires thick skin. I will not be held accountable for your inability to take internet sarcasm, but I might be held accountable for your mom walking bow legged this morning...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    Frequently the issue is not because of the courier company, but because the shipper doesn't know how to select the proper service option.
    That's almost right, but they know what they are doing, charge for Xpress or Priority, then ship it at a discount through their company acct and or flat rate box, or even a lesser service level, then pocket the difference.
    This is a common tactic on Ebay by lowdown scumbag sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Don't be mad at Corbin, because UPS charges ridiculous rates.

All the shipping companies are insane now, they know you have no option, so they keep jacking up the rates.
    The postal service used to be reasonable, now it's killing Ebay business and making it impossible to sell lower priced items online.
    To top it all off, they can't even do the job right for that crazy inflated price, you end up getting something damaged because some lazy arse, overpaid driver kicked the box all the way to your door.
    That's almost right, but they know what they are doing, charge for Xpress or Priority, then ship it at a discount through their company acct and or flat rate box, or even a lesser service level, then pocket the difference.
    Make up your mind, dammit!

I actually think it is a combination of both.

www.baysideperformance.ca sells Corbin and Sargent. I'm a fan of Sargent as I've heard countless complaints with Corbin and most people are really happy with the Sargent seats!
    Ecto • 2006 Honda VeeFourRoad 800A (Pearl Black)
    I'm too sexy for my turban.

I realize that. We aren't talking about eBay here.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

That's crap for Corbin to say they do not ship USPS. This is like what the airlines started a while ago by offering cheap seats but then charge you "taxes" and "handling fees" which bump a $150 ticket to $250.

Just think though you can have a persistent woody if you get that Corbin seat.

Quote Originally Posted by jay-d View Post
    www.baysideperformance.ca sells Corbin and Sargent. I'm a fan of Sargent as I've heard countless complaints with Corbin and most people are really happy with the Sargent seats!
    I've heard good things about Sargent as well, fwiw.

I have a feeling she might gut me while I sleep and make love to my organs in a bathtub
    DISCLAIMER: This forum requires thick skin. I will not be held accountable for your inability to take internet sarcasm, but I might be held accountable for your mom walking bow legged this morning...

Quote Originally Posted by dr_sarcasm View Post
    I've heard good things about Sargent as well, fwiw.
    I've had two Sargents; one custom and one 'World Sport Seat.' Excellent product. Doesn't weigh as much as the rest of the bike, by itself.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    I've had two Sargents; one custom and one 'World Sport Seat.' Excellent product. Doesn't weigh as much as the rest of the bike, by itself.
    Good to know; I *think* it was someone on this site who did a review a while back (or it came up during a topic of discussion, etc.). I've even seen good things said across other bike forums that the Sargents are a better product overall.

The prices still make me twitch, however.

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    Make up your mind, dammit!

I actually think it is a combination of both.
    Good point, i guess i am complaining about two separate, yet related things, in one thread.

I was looking for a Corbin last year and was quoted around $600 around the GTA. Ended up ordering direct from Corbin and had it shipped to a US box in Niagara. Claimed it at the border but got lucky and was waved through. All in all it cost me 240 after the US exchange rate. It was for a zx6r and it is significantly more comfortable. Worth the 240 (no way would I have paid 600).

I got a Corbin for my DRZ, big difference over stock. I ordered mine through Bluestreak, no hassles with duty and shipping.
    Soar # 21

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    Never too old for fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    i guess not being stupid should be a prerequisite for wrenching on bikes.