Corbin Seats Rant

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corbin Seats Rant

Corbin Seats Rant

So, I ordered 2 seats from Corbin, they are for a 2007-2008 ZX6R.

The base price of these seats were $259. The way it works on thier website is, you place the order for the base price, THEN you get an email a couple days later from a rep that gives you your total shipping.

They send me my first invoice showing just the seats with no shipping. It has both seats on there to my specs.
    Here is the email transcript from:

Them :Your shipping is $167.00 Thats your taxes , duties and shipping. Thank you
    Me: Is there any way to make that cheaper? It sounds awfully expensive.
    Them: If you ship it state side
    Me: What would the cost be if i requested shipment through FedEx or USPS?
    Them: We can not ship through USPS or fed ex into canada
    Me: Oh ok. Go ahead and place the order please.

I thought that the shipping/duties/Taxes was pretty expensive to Canada but hey, nothing I could do so I placed the order thinking it would be all good.

I was already ****** off that I'm paying $170. I receive my final invoice. It shows my 2 seats and instead of showing $167 for shipping, it shows $215

I email the rep back and ask about the shipping charges.

Me: Hi, Why is my freight $215?
    Them: For two seats shipped into Canada is $215.00
    Me: I was quoted 167 earlier... If its going to be $215. Please cancel my order.
    Them: Ok I will cancel the order. You were never charged. Have a nice day

How is it that for a seat that is worth $260, after shipping is $110 more, now it cost $370?

Now I do understand that it may not be Corbin's fault that it cost that much to ship an to Canada but something has to be going on her.

/rant
    Last edited by Juggs88; 05-01-2012 at 08:09 PM.

Re: Corbin Seats Rant

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs88 View Post
    So, I ordered 2 seats from Corbin, they are for a 2007-2008 ZX6R.

The base price of these seats were $259. The way it works on thier website is, you place the order for the base price, THEN you get an email a couple days later from a rep that gives you your total shipping.

They send me my first invoice showing just the seats with no shipping. It has both seats on there to my specs.
    Here is the email transcript from:

Them :Your shipping is $167.00 Thats your taxes , duties and shipping. Thank you
    Me: Is there any way to make that cheaper? It sounds awfully expensive.
    Them: If you ship it state side
    Me: What would the cost be if i requested shipment through FedEx or USPS?
    Them: We can not ship through USPS or fed ex into canada
    Me: Oh ok. Go ahead and place the order please.

I thought that the shipping/duties/Taxes was pretty expensive to Canada but hey, nothing I could do so I placed the order thinking it would be all good.

I was already ****** off that I'm paying $170. I receive my final invoice. It shows my 2 seats and instead of showing $167 for shipping, it shows $215

I email the rep back and ask about the shipping charges.

Me: Hi, Why is my freight $215?
    Them: For two seats shipped into Canada is $215.00
    Me: I was quoted 167 earlier... If its going to be $215. Please cancel my order.
    Them: Ok I will cancel the order. You were never charged. Have a nice day
    How is it that for a seat that is worth $260, after shipping is $110 more, now it cost $370?

Now I do understand that it may not be Corbin's fault that it cost that much to ship an to Canada but something has to be going on her.

/rant
    There is something wrong there, that is way too much.

I got a complete dual exhaust system shipped from corvette central for just over $100. They use UPS, shipping took 2 days.
    They also include all brokerage fees in with the taxes and shipping. All these U.S online stores can make its painless for Canadian shoppers if they really want to.

There are Canadian dealers. I saw one at the January or Spring show but I can't remember the name of the store. I'm sure if you do a google search you can find some local dealers.

Trust me I'd rant to with rediculous delivery charges like that too.
    2010 Suzuki GS500F

Please help me reach my goal in raising money for a great cause.
    Here is the link to my Ride For Site page.
    Thank-you =)

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx...onID%3d1326806

Are you shipping U.S post?UPS will charge major customs fees.By the way Corbin and BMW are being sued over the pacific seat.

http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/17942...otorcycle-ride

Quote Originally Posted by matt123 View Post
    Are you shipping U.S post?UPS will charge major customs fees.By the way Corbin and BMW are being sued over the pacific seat.

http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/17942...otorcycle-ride
    I cancelled the order. No way is it worth almost 400 for a 250 seat.

I have a BMW bike and everything comes from the USA! I have my stuff shipped to SCC Parcel Pickup in Port Huron in Michigan (Sarnia) they charge me $5.00 per parcel I have delivered there. The vendors charge me US shipping rates. Their web site is http://www.usparcelpickup.com/
    There are other companies that do the same thing in Buffalo / Fort Erie. Check the web and happy crossborder shopping!

Wow thats nuts, I shipped a bicycle from texas and it was 130.00 with USPS. The bike was partially (tires and pedals) dismantled and in a large box.

I'm sure much heavier than 2 seats for a motorbike?

I wonder if they just want to make money from shipping because they need to drive to the post office?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by krrakt View Post
    Wow thats nuts, I shipped a bicycle from texas and it was 130.00 with USPS. The bike was partially (tires and pedals) dismantled and in a large box.

I'm sure much heavier than 2 seats for a motorbike?

I wonder if they just want to make money from shipping because they need to drive to the post office?
    Naw, it's simpler than that. Many US vendors are just too lazy to deal with anything but UPS. For shipping within the country it's not a bad option, but obviously internationally it is terrible. Since most of their business only comes from within the country, however...
    1996 Kawasaki ZX11D - "When I'm on the road, I'm indestructible. No one can stop me ... but they try."

The ***** of it is it should be duty free, since automotive parts (kinda a stretch to call a bike seat automotive, but it could be done) made in the USA are duty free. That's why I've only ever bought use ones.

Quote Originally Posted by 01cbr View Post
    They use UPS, shipping took 2 days.
    They also include all brokerage fees in with the taxes and shipping. All these U.S online stores can make its painless for Canadian shoppers if they really want to.
    Finally someone who understands it has little to do with the courier and EVERYTHING to do with the shipper!
    It is what it is...

I have a black belt in anger!

A lot of US companies won't ship to Canada. I won't run to Buffalo to give them business, no matter what kind of deal.
    Many aren't really interested so they either charge a fortune for shipping or leave everything for a single UPS pick-up.
    UPS charges high brokerage fees, often higher that the actual duty.
    The cheapest way is usually US Postal.

vicious cycle www.aviciouscycle.ca is a corbin dealer in canada - i have ordered a few things from them all with good experiences

Unfortunately, I don't like close to the border, but i appreciate your guys suggestions. It really thier loss in the end as it one less customer, even an entire country of customers.

There are some dealers in Canada who can get you Corbin seats and save you the shipping prices. I saw Dual Sport Plus in Oakville had a Corbin seat, it was for a specific bike, but they would be able to get anything in if you ordered it.

I bought a Corbin for my old CB919 years back and didnt pay anywhere near that for shipping right from Corbin, dont remember what the price was, but I know I would have been looking for other options if the price tag was that high.

It's not that they CANNOT ship to Canada via USPS, it's that they WILL NOT. There's quite a difference between the two.

Then again I'm fairly biased against Corbin, having had a rather lengthy exchange with their 'customer service department' some years back, during which I was made promises that were later withdrawn, and lied to.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Some companies gouge on shipping. I see it on eBay all the time. I was looking for a discontinued Thor backpack a while back and I found that indysuperbikes had it they wanted an outrageous amount of money to ship it to Canada. I ended up getting off Amazon and shipping was $9.

FWIW, I had a ful Yoshimura exhaust system shipped from Maryland to my place here in London for $80 via USPS.

Don't be mad at Corbin, because UPS charges ridiculous rates.

All the shipping companies are insane now, they know you have no option, so they keep jacking up the rates.
    The postal service used to be reasonable, now it's killing Ebay business and making it impossible to sell lower priced items online.
    To top it all off, they can't even do the job right for that crazy inflated price, you end up getting something damaged because some lazy arse, overpaid driver kicked the box all the way to your door.

Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Don't be mad at Corbin, because UPS charges ridiculous rates.

All the shipping companies are insane now, they know you have no option, so they keep jacking up the rates.
    The postal service used to be reasonable, now it's killing Ebay business and making it impossible to sell lower priced items online.
    To top it all off, they can't even do the job right for that crazy inflated price, you end up getting something damaged because some lazy arse, overpaid driver kicked the box all the way to your door.
    Frequently the issue is not because of the courier company, but because the shipper doesn't know how to select the proper service option.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

+1 had the same experience with Corbin. Will never ever deal with this company again. It was the single worst customer service experience I have ever had. At the time they told confirmed they would ship USPS, but actually shipped UPS. After a lengthy discussion, they admitted 100% fault and said they would fix it. Then pulled a 180and I got f*d on brokerage. I spent a month dealing with these morons. Over $400 by the time it was done. Never again. Avoid Corbin with prejudice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    It's not that they CANNOT ship to Canada via USPS, it's that they WILL NOT. There's quite a difference between the two.

Then again I'm fairly biased against Corbin, having had a rather lengthy exchange with their 'customer service department' some years back, during which I was made promises that were later withdrawn, and lied to.
    don't be a road crayon, wear your gear, the road doesn't care how "cool" you think you look when it's busy cheese grading your skin.