Turned down because of previous insufficent payments

Thread: Turned down because of previous insufficent payments

Turned down because of previous insufficent payments

So my insurance got cutoff last year because I was able to keep up with the payments due to being out of work now Im back to work and trying to get insurance and I called state farm to settle up and get my coverage back on and they said no... Am I pretty much ****ed now?
    Anyone else had this problem?

Re: Turned down because of previous insufficent payments

Don't think you're out of luck, but they have every right to decline you.

I would check with another agency, or if you can afford it, pre-pay the whole amount (via credit card, etc).
    Never to be taken seriously. Ever.

Cancellations for non-payment of premium are never a good thing for your "insurability" or premiums in the future. If you ever find yourself unable to pay the premiums you are better off calling to cancel the policy rather than have the insurer cancel you.

Insurance companies are a bunch of crooks. They have all the control. Since auto insurance is mandatory there should be more flexibility for these kinds of circumstances.

TD Insurance cancelled on me once because my bank account was short $4 and change. $4!! Ironically, I had a TD bank account and the only reason it was short was because I got hit with an unexpected fee from TD (different companies I know). I told them the money would be in the account the next day but they refused and told me to get lost. I was ****** because I wasn't working at the time but still making my payments diligently. But this was the third time in my history with TD that I was slightly short and they used it as an excuse to f*** me up the @$$.

So then they told me the only way to get my coverage back was to get a new quote. So I said ok what's my new quote? 'Well, since you've had a cancellation due to non-payment your monthly cost goes from $145 to $700' (or some bs number like that). I politely told them to go F themselves and signed up with Jevco for $385 /mo. Cheapest I could find for auto. The icing on this $h!t-pie is that they call it cancellation due to "non-payment" which is like being ****** on when you're down. It's not non-payment, it's a simple mistake and the insurer's refusal to accept an immediate correction. My chances of getting reasonable insurance would've been better if I had a major accident on my record instead of this (agents told me as much).

They really need to relax these BS policies and enforce them only when someone is clearly attempting to evade payment. I practically begged them to take my money and they refused. At the very least, cancellation shouldn't carry this kind of penalty amongst insurance companies.

So yea, as you can see I'm still bitter about this as well so be careful in future. Make sure your account is over funded, even if you're unemployed and broke . Give Jevco a try (unless you're insuring a SS). Best of luck!

I've had a cancellation because of non-payment and it never affected my insurance premium. I just pay the whole year at once when it's due and they are happy with that.
    "I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

01001001 00100111 01100100 00100000 01010010
    01100001 01110100 01101000 01100101 01110010
    00100000 01000010 01100101 00100000 01010010
    01101001 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111

Quote Originally Posted by Splash View Post
    I've had a cancellation because of non-payment and it never affected my insurance premium. I just pay the whole year at once when it's due and they are happy with that.
    I had once a cancellation of my policy with Economical (though for Home insurance) for non-payment - I was travelling to States for several months and forgot to pay in advance...
    TD Insurance was fine with offering me a policy w/o any premiums increases but, like SPLASH, I had to pay the whole year in advance.

So I believe some companies are not too worried about that issue - main thing, you pay. You might want to check Auto Insurance Consumer Reports to see how the companies stack up in terms of payments... May be others had similar issues... I hope it helps!

I agree it is complete BS, and they are free to do so, and unfortunatly the alternatie is to not have insurance which pretty much makes u a criminal even though you're just an average hard workin joe tryin to pay for your house, student loans, car, insane gas/food prices etc etc.
    And when you happen to drive a sportbike, well given the penalties for driving without insurance your pretty much forced into a situation where you're ready to run...... which puts lives in danger needlessly all because you had to pay rent and buy food instead of insurance when times got tough?
    I'll be honest ive been without insurance since last novemeber I tried not to drive but now that im finally back to work and things are slowly recovering they refuse to give me insurance? I even got my boss/family memeber to lend me the money I owe so I can get insurance so I dont have to risk the penalties just for going to work every day. But low and behold they tell me to **** off?
    Am I the only one who thinks this is BS? Insurance companies shouldn't be allowed to do whatever they feel like considering its Illegal NOT to have insurance
    Last edited by 85zx600; 05-04-2012 at 06:00 PM.

Doesn't anybody carry overdraft coverage. These things wouldn't happen. If not then you are sweet out of luck and stick your bike insurance coverage where the sun does not shine. Your fault accept it. Tough love!

Quote Originally Posted by 85zx600 View Post
    I agree it is complete BS, and they are free to do so, and unfortunatly the alternatie is to not have insurance which pretty much makes u a criminal even though you're just an average hard workin joe tryin to pay for your house, student loans, car, insane gas/food prices etc etc.
    And when you happen to drive a sportbike, well given the penalties for driving without insurance your pretty much forced into a situation where you're ready to run...... which puts lives in danger needlessly all because you had to pay rent and buy food instead of insurance when times got tough?
    I'll be honest ive been without insurance since last novemeber I tried not to drive but now that im finally back to work and things are slowly recovering they refuse to give me insurance? I even got my boss/family memeber to lend me the money I owe so I can get insurance so I dont have to risk the penalties just for going to work every day. But low and behold they tell me to **** off?
    Am I the only one who thinks this is BS? Insurance companies shouldn't be allowed to do whatever they feel like considering its Illegal NOT to have insurance
    Yeah, it's tough having to pay for your car plus your sportbike..wow..that's tough..
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block