Traffic officers upset with quotas

Thread: Traffic officers upset with quotas

Traffic officers upset with quotas

Re: Traffic officers upset with quotas

thats bs man, anyway they can to drain the hard earned money from the working class

That letter hurt my head to read....grammatical error left right and center. I'm no saint in that department but wow!!

and that letter sounds like a door to door salesman managers pitch to his minions. Pure BS. Where is 31st Division anyways so i can stay the hell away from it.

....."But i didn't witness any violations!" ..."I don't care, make some up..."
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=18800&dateline=121895  0439
    99 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm

how can you possibly "not witness any violations"? in the GTA?
    This post does not provide any legal advice and readers should consult with their own lawyer for legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by OpenGambit View Post
    how can you possibly "not witness any violations"? in the GTA?
    more like not witness any violations that are easily won in court
    x

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Liner740 View Post
    That letter hurt my head to read....grammatical error left right and center. I'm no saint in that department but wow!!

and that letter sounds like a door to door salesman managers pitch to his minions. Pure BS. Where is 31st Division anyways so i can stay the hell away from it.

get out of my head, I thought the same thing reading that.

This doesn't condone policing but revenue generation.
    It's the Least I Could Do

This motorcycle is simply too goddamn fast to ride at speed in any kind of normal road traffic unless you're ready to go straight down the centerline with your nuts on fire and a silent scream in your throat.

Quote Originally Posted by CruisnGrrl View Post

Then the cop is lazy and should probably be given a quota.
    This post does not provide any legal advice and readers should consult with their own lawyer for legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by CruisnGrrl View Post
    I think what she means is; how come we never see any enforcement of all the other common violations that happen in the GTA, other than speeding?

Fail to yield, fail to signal, fail to cede the right of way, obstruct the flow of traffic, distracted driving, driving while on the phone, fail to turn on friggin headlights, unsafe vehicle...

Quota or no quota, they are clearly cherry picking which violations they witness and which ones they don't.
    There is no planet B.

Thats what i am saying, cops should be expected to write the ticket regardless of whether its an "easy conviction", see also my post in HTA re: the same subject matter.

It's all about $afety!

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Liner740 View Post

31 Division
    E-mail 31 Division
    40 Norfinch Dr., Toronto, ON , M3N 1X1
    Phone: 416-808-3100
    Fax: 416-808-3102
    Unit Commander: Superintendent Dave McLeod
    2nd in Charge: A/Inspector Shaun Narine

Happy to help
    Winners never quit, quitters never win, and those who don't try are just idiots

Look at it from a different point of view for a minute..they're civil servants..how do you measure job performance? They're traffic cops!! I'm not saying quotas are right, that they're doing a good or bad job..I'm just looking at it, from a managerial perspective..how many widgets!!!
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

It doesn't sound like she's necessarily enforcing a quota or anything. It actually kinda sounds like she's telling officers to get off their butts and do their jobs. That may have been the point she was trying to get across. Her writing style sucks, though, so who the hell knows?

Writing a memo about something that sensitive is stupid. Especially if you're bad at writing. Christ, just tell them in person during a staff meeting and save the goddamn paper haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritchard View Post
    Man, that's like two bucks worth of 50 cent words. I guess that Readers Digest subscription really paid off.
    '92 gixxer 750 - Jupiter

No oe wonder North America is quickly becoming a third world state.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE_KAWI View Post
    No oe wonder North America is quickly becoming a third world state.
    North America is a state??

If. There are any Mississauga cops that want to fill their daily quota in an hour they can sit at the southbound on ramp on hurontario to the q.e.w. westbound. There is a yeild sign there that is obviously invisible to all the people using that ramp. How come you never see people pulled over for those traffic violations?

This is my signature

Quote Originally Posted by Venom01 View Post
    If. There are any Mississauga cops that want to fill their daily quota in an hour they can sit at the southbound on ramp on hurontario to the q.e.w. westbound. There is a yeild sign there that is obviously invisible to all the people using that ramp. How come you never see people pulled over for those traffic violations?

This is my signature
    Cuz most cops hate writing traffic tickets..

State as in condition...

Quote Originally Posted by invictus43 View Post
    North America is a state??

I don't think anyone ever doubted that traffic cops have quotas, or work-measurement by another name.

However, seeing the driving behaviour in the GTA, this quota (if 25 a day) is low.... I could get that in an hour judging by the number of red-light runners, failure to stop, improper lane changes, tailgating, aggressive driving that I see on a daily basis.

I'm against ticketing that is obviously a trap -- such as a reduction of a speed limit going down a hill with no more residential density than before. I am all for more ticketing of true dangerous actions that puts other innocent drivers (especially motorcyclists) at risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    I don't think anyone ever doubted that traffic cops have quotas, or work-measurement by another name.

However, seeing the driving behaviour in the GTA, this quota (if 25 a day) is low.... I could get that in an hour judging by the number of red-light runners, failure to stop, improper lane changes, tailgating, aggressive driving that I see on a daily basis.

I'm against ticketing that is obviously a trap -- such as a reduction of a speed limit going down a hill with no more residential density than before. I am all for more ticketing of true dangerous actions that puts other innocent drivers (especially motorcyclists) at risk.
    I was riding behind a cop today for about 3 kms... The officer was tailgating (about half a car length) a corolla down the street for a long time until they split off. No lights, no sirens, I was going 70 in a 60 while they were gaining distance on this 1 lane road. The person putting others in danger in that situation was the police officer. If the officer was driving like that thinking its the norm, why would they ticket others for it?

Not saying it is right for the officer to do this, just saying that they just don't care as long as they keep their job by looking like they're doing their jobs with a ticket that will more probably produce a conviction in court.