M2 Exit test tomorrow any tips?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M2 Exit test tomorrow any tips?

M2 Exit test tomorrow any tips?

So got my M2 exit exam tomorrow in Oshawa...I saw the thrreads with exam attachment and a few other old ones, but for those whom may have taken it in Oshawa just recently do you have any tips or stuff to look out for?
    Veej....
    your birth certificate is an official apology from Trojan
    www.enVogueiMages.com

Re: M2 Exit test tomorrow any tips?

do what you every day and just remeber to move your head ....

Read the motorcycle book over and over again all the details are in there... be sure to exaggerate your head movement so they can see you are paying attention to your surroundings.... Also make sure to remember to stay in the correct lanes after making any turns. Have fun is the most important part! Good luck
    Lets Ride

Quote Originally Posted by RicoChet View Post
    Read the motorcycle book over and over again all the details are in there... be sure to exaggerate your head movement so they can see you are paying attention to your surroundings.... Also make sure to remember to stay in the correct lanes after making any turns. Have fun is the most important part! Good luck
    This one I may get screwed on...so if your making a left turn you go into the left lane and change into the right lane soon as possible right? and making a right turn just stay in the right lane...the left is considered the passing lane right?

Bad habits die hard when you've been riding and driving for a while....
    Veej....
    www.enVogueiMages.com

Quote Originally Posted by Veej View Post
    This one I may get screwed on...so if your making a left turn you go into the left lane and change into the right lane soon as possible right? and making a right turn just stay in the right lane...the left is considered the passing lane right?

YES and YES...

Yeah you got it! It has been a while since I've had my M2 Exit but I specifically remember that this was the only thing on my test that I got ticked on... Just remember to move into the right lane after any turn you do (When ever it is safe to do so)

Good luck!

PS. When your going on the highway make sure that you merge with traffic quickly so that you do not cause the traffic behind you to slow down. This is pretty much an automatic failure according to the students who were in front of me coming back from the test... If the car behind you has to slow down when you merge, you fail.
    Lets Ride

PS. When your going on the highway make sure that you merge with traffic quickly so that you do not cause the traffic behind you to slow down. This is pretty much an automatic failure according to the students who were in front of me coming back from the test... If the car behind you has to slow down when you merge, you fail.
    Thanks for this tip, normally I get into the traffic really fast sometimes changing multiple lanes at once, but wasn't going to do that for obvious reasons, and would've tried to play it slow and safe to make them think I'm not too cocky...and this would've happened!

Thanks!
    Veej....
    www.enVogueiMages.com

Thanks for this tip, normally I get into the traffic really fast sometimes changing multiple lanes at once, but wasn't going to do that for obvious reasons, and would've tried to play it slow and safe to make them think I'm not too cocky...and this would've happened!

Thanks!
    Don't forget to obey the speed limit!
    Lets Ride

move your head, move your head, and incase you forget move your head.

Outside of that, obey the rules of the road and you'll do fine. (make sure your signal light is on early as well)

Just did mine today. Don't get worked up about it. Just go out and drive.
    riding a moped is like having sex with a fat chick.
    sure it may be fun, but you don't want your friends to find out

00 ZX12R

At Brampton drive centre waiting for my m2x.

Will let you know any tips once I'm finished.

Quote Originally Posted by daisoman View Post

At Brampton drive centre waiting for my m2x.

Will let you know any tips once I'm finished.
    Let me know what they say about the noise with your Leo. I am contemplating putting my stock system back on for it. I don't want to fail on noise violations...
    Life is best lived at Wide Open Throttle. Twist the right wrist and watch it all go by.

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    My neurosurgeon said "If I had 9 lives, I've used up 8"... when I showed up to one of my post accident follow up appointments on my new bike, he looked at it out the window and said "Remember, what I told you about your 9 lives? ... that'll use up the last one!"

Just passed with 7 errors. Examiner told me when I which lanes on multilane road(410) change from one tire track to another. I just went from far right to far left in almost one motion.

All in all super easy.

Ps I shoulder checked like I was on crack. Coming to a stop, coming from a stop, turns, lane changes, even going straight. The more the better. I figure they can't fail you for over checking. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by james12lucy View Post
    Let me know what they say about the noise with your Leo. I am contemplating putting my stock system back on for it. I don't want to fail on noise violations...
    My Leo is ridiculously loud but he was in the car when I started the bike. He didn't mention a thing.

Just passed with 7 errors. Examiner told me when I which lanes on multilane road(410) change from one tire track to another. I just went from far right to far left in almost one motion.
    You mean you got 7 errors doing lane changes?

Hey guys, can you wear a beanie helmet? I assume there are no restriction like full face only helmets right?
    Veej....
    www.enVogueiMages.com

I'm doing mine on Thursday. What do you mean when changing lanes, from one tire track to another? I usually stay in the right tire track if I'm in the middle lane. Should I switch to the left tire track in the middle lane?
    2004 Suzuki DRZ400
    1986 Honda Shadow 750 - Sold

I usually stay in the right tire track
    When u are on the hwy they will get you to make a lane change . staying in the right track is ok.
    When making a left turn on to a 3 lane road - make sure u stay in the left lane - right track.
    After your turn and when safe to do so move over to the far right lane in the left track.
    You will be marked on this .

I did the test on Sun past .

Yup, I failed my m2 the first time for this. It was on the Allen expressway at like 3pm. It was rammed, the lane change I made was not unsafe but because the car behind me applied brakes it was an automatic fail. You're better off not changing lanes if its really busy.

Current bike - 2008 Vulcan 900c