Lack of media coverage of Iceland's revolution

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lack of media coverage of Iceland's revolution

Lack of media coverage of Iceland's revolution

I'm fairly sure most people haven't heard of this (with good reason). Because I don't have a central locus for pointing out where to begin becoming aware of this, I'll just paste a google search link

https://www.google.com/search?num=50....0.3XkAjEPHbV8

Any thoughts/input/information/discussion?
    With less than six months' riding experience, on my first bike -- a 600 cc, 110 BHP crotch rocket -- I rode 21,569 km around North America solo in 2011: ridermike.blogspot.com
    Don't let anyone tell you it can't be done, because I am living proof otherwise.

Space has a terrible secret. We are here to protect you from the terrible secret of space.

Re: Lack of media coverage of Iceland's revolution

The bank/government owned media will never report this because it'll give the rest of the world idea's to the banker problem. We don't have the balls here in North America to stand up against our governments. We are chicken s--t.

Only outlets who will tell the truth is Russia Today and Al Jazeera.
    Last edited by BLUE_KAWI; 05-01-2012 at 11:13 AM.

Clearly, the answer to all of the economic problems is to....have...women...run...the...show..??

huh?? http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...k-7658212.html

but but....what about the sandwiches??!?

THINK OF THE SANDWICHES!
    It's the Least I Could Do

This motorcycle is simply too goddamn fast to ride at speed in any kind of normal road traffic unless you're ready to go straight down the centerline with your nuts on fire and a silent scream in your throat.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE_KAWI View Post
    The bank/government owned media will never report this because it'll give the rest of the world idea's to the banker problem. We don't have the balls here in North America to stand up against our governments. We are chicken s--t.

Only outlets who will tell the truth is Russia Today and Al Jazeera.
    I don't know jack about Russia Today, but agree with you that North Americans are the most spineless people I've ever heard of in my life, bending to the will of any authority imaginable, and too lazy/stupid to care about issues that don't immediately affect them. Short-sighted, narrow-minded, complacent Plebes are the downfall of everything great.
    With less than six months' riding experience, on my first bike -- a 600 cc, 110 BHP crotch rocket -- I rode 21,569 km around North America solo in 2011: ridermike.blogspot.com
    Don't let anyone tell you it can't be done, because I am living proof otherwise.

Space has a terrible secret. We are here to protect you from the terrible secret of space.

Quote Originally Posted by viper84737 View Post
    I don't know jack about Russia Today, but agree with you that North Americans are the most spineless people I've ever heard of in my life, bending to the will of any authority imaginable, and too lazy/stupid to care about issues that don't immediately affect them. Short-sighted, narrow-minded, complacent Plebes are the downfall of everything great.

Does this mean you're leaving?? Soon????
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

I'm fairly sure most people haven't heard of this (with good reason). Because I don't have a central locus for pointing out where to begin becoming aware of this, I'll just paste a google search link

https://www.google.com/search?num=50....0.3XkAjEPHbV8

Any thoughts/input/information/discussion?
    Where did these people go?

"the Interpol dictates an order that make all the implicated parties leave the country."

Quote Originally Posted by invictus43 View Post
    Does this mean you're leaving?? Soon????
    I am working on just that, invictus43, with every ounce of my efforts.

I am working on just that, invictus43, with every ounce of my efforts.
    Nice work!

Nice work!
    Thank you. Would you like to contribute usefully to this thread? The invitation remains open.

Thank you. Would you like to contribute usefully to this thread? The invitation remains open.
    I'm not exactly sure what point you're trying to make..?? Icelanders screwed themselves now they're trying to fix it? Bank default is a good thing??

No no, I'm not commenting on the events themselves, just the lack of media coverage of them. You'd think this was big. The point was made that we're hearing of every miniscule event in everywhere else in the world (Egypt, etc), all of which are violence-oriented uprisings, whereas the peaceful overthrow of an entire government who messed up large and a societal revolution (Iceland) has been completely ignored by media.

LOL nobody cares whats happening in Iceland.

They have Bjork, a volcano and no pirates.

Boooooring.

I'm not exactly sure what point you're trying to make..?? Icelanders screwed themselves now they're trying to fix it? Bank default is a good thing??
    don't waste his time with this post, he still has some draft legislation he has to write for the HTA forum.
    This post does not provide any legal advice and readers should consult with their own lawyer for legal advice.

I'm waiting for the second coming of the Berserkers.
    Quote Originally Posted by turbodish View Post
    So it's ok for hooligan riders and drivers to endanger the lives of impaired drivers?
    Quote Originally Posted by turbodish View Post
    Unfortunately, since we seldom put people in jail for traffic offences

Quote Originally Posted by D23 View Post
    LOL nobody cares whats happening in Iceland.

They have Bjork, a volcano and no pirates.
    Arrrr!!!!!! Wait..isn't Bjork a pirate??

In MAX we trust!

Keiser Report: How bankers stole Labor Day
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYiqKAH9KmA

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE_KAWI View Post
    In MAX we trust!

Keiser Report: How bankers stole Labor Day
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYiqKAH9KmA
    This man has many valid points, but his delivery makes him seem about as sane as The Joker.

Arrrr!!!!!! Wait..isn't Bjork a pirate??
    I don't know what it is but it's not a pirate.....

.....maybe a Christmas ornament?

Sure, they all banded together to revolt against their government and re-write their consitution; a pretty amazing feat!!!

But there's like, what, 1000 people in Iceland? I can't imagine that you can compare that to the 330 million in the US who can't even agree on arbitrary things like abortion rights.

Now, why it wasn't covered in mass media is a whole-other story. I hate mass media outlets anyway, so this doesn't surprise me at all. No violence or extremism, means its not entertaining enough to be on CNN, Al Jazeera, Fox News, etc. etc.

Interesting. I've heard nothing about this, thanks for posting. I only clicked through the first search result but if what I'm reading is true, the lack of media coverage doesn't surprise me in the least. It's like reporting a suicide.

Time will tell where this goes though. A successful revolution is one thing (peaceful or otherwise) but who knows whether the new system will turn out better or worse than what came before it.