Workplace Jerks...

Thread: Workplace Jerks...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    As the great Dr. Seuss said

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Re: Workplace Jerks...

lol screw 'em. Figuratively of course . It might just be a harmless chuckle on their part but if it's a daily snicker then don't worry about it all the same. I'm kind of surprised to hear that people have this attitude these days, sounds like a cliquey bunch. Don't try for their approval, not the kind of people you should waste your time with.

Thanks for the replies. None of the ones that really make comments even ride bikes. There are a few cruiser riders that make fun of my ninja, and I totally expected that.

I do think allot of them are ignorant and think riders should be wearing minimal gear to look cool. I guess that's why they don't ride. I guess the best comment I have is that I ride and they don't. If they buy a bike, gear and show me an example of what to wear maybe we can talk.

That said I don't ride angry, and I don't get angry at cage drivers. I do brush stuff off pretty easily, it just seemed like a situation to me that allot of us must have come across.
    Bike: 1994 Kawasaki Ninja 250
    Cage: 2002 Supercharged SVT Focus

Why am I not surprised this happens in the GTA? Such a classy bunch of folks in this town, overcompensating for a chronic lack of self-esteem by making fun of someone different from them... literally pity-full.

You ride a motorcycle, dude. You live life more in 5 minutes of doing that than they probably ever will in their entire lifetimes. You've won before the battle even began. Sun Tzu would be proud.
    With less than six months' riding experience, on my first bike -- a 600 cc, 110 BHP crotch rocket -- I rode 21,569 km around North America solo in 2011: ridermike.blogspot.com
    Don't let anyone tell you it can't be done, because I am living proof otherwise.

Space has a terrible secret. We are here to protect you from the terrible secret of space.